- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
|Price:||$8.79 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$6.26 (42%)|
When students help teach each other, incredible gains are made for all. In fact, research shows that peer-to-peer learning helps create a more productive and effective learning environment for both the student-teacher and student-student Here’s how it works.
1. First things first, peer-to-peer learning is not a new concept Aristotle was one of the first known practitioners of peer teaching through his use of student leaders to discuss and share his ideas with other students. Peer tutoring in the United States has long been used in the college setting, dating back to 1640, when the first paid student tutor was hired by Harvard University. (Dwyer, 1989)
2. How Exactly does peer-to-peer teaching work? It’s easy. A student or peer simply takes it upon themselves to help share their knowledge about a topic or idea with their classmates, other students, even brother or sister. Students at all grade levels participating in tutorial programs, improved their reading performance more than the expected gain for the typical student at that grade level. (AmeriCorps, 2001)
3. What does the student-teacher get out of it? As Frank Oppenheimer famously said, “The best way to learn is to teach. And student-teachers are no exception. That’s because they spend more time researching and discussing their subject so that they can confidently share their insights with others. Students at all grade levels participating in tutorial programs, improved their reading performance more than the expected gain for the typical student at that grade level. (AmeriCorps, 2001)
4. What does the student-learner get out of it? Students feel more comfortable and open when learning from their peers. They’re more likely to discuss concepts and interact more with the lesson at hand. Plus, they retain the knowledge they gained more easily. Peer learning] effects on students were positive in the areas of learning, attitude toward subject matter, and self-concept. (Cohen and Kulik, 1981)
Ok- Where do Post-it Products fit in? Post-it Brand prides itself on creating tools that everyone can use. And with Post-it Study products, students can share everything from organizational ideas to specific lessons in a way that’s both personal and stylish. Get ahead. Stay ahead. And share your knowledge with others.
We get it — life moves fast. Post-it Pockets and Notebook Kits can help you keep pace. Simply attach these essentials to the back cover of your notebook, binders or planner and keep your study tools always within reach.
Planning a research paper? Or noting a particularly helpful tidbit? Post-it Flags help you find what you want, exactly when you need it. Plus, our fun colors help you flaunt your style so others can learn a thing or two.
While taking notes isn’t going away anytime soon, Post-it Study Notes help you do it in a way that works for you. From bright colors to grid patterns and more, find your favorite way to express yourself and share your thoughts with friends.
This item: Post-it Flags, Blue, 1-Inch Wide, 200/ Desk Grip Dispenser (680-HVBE)
|Price||$ 8.79||$ 6.89||$ 7.89||$ 4.66|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Blue||Assorted Colors Combo Pack||Assorted Primary Colors||Blue, Green, Red, Yellow|
|Dimensions||7.25 inches x 1.52 inches x 3.63 inches||8.8 inches x 0.7 inches x 3.8 inches||8.8 inches x 0.7 inches x 3.8 inches||4.8 inches x 0.2 inches x 2.8 inches|
I like the dispenser; it's very handy. I also think that this was a great value as well.Published 2 months ago by Isys
Great product, great service, great price ! Will definitely use again !Published 2 months ago by Debra A Cook
As advertised! It actually sticks to the desk pretty well and removes easy too. Will be buying again!Published 2 months ago by WyldRyd
These are convenient and work very well. Would order again. Would be better if 3M sold in larger size/quanitity.Published 4 months ago by PC 4Kids
The concept is great, but the adhesive doesn't always adhere. I'm on my third purchase and am still having trouble with them sticking for any length of time.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Queen