4.0 out of 5 stars this wasn't made in the early 90's?, October 24, 2009
This review is from: Post-Nothing (Audio CD)
Listening to this reminds me of lots of early 90's noise-punk, emo, post-rock type stuff. The biggest influence I hear doesn't have to do with the songs, but rather the sound. It has a siamese dream like wall of sound and fuzz. It's quite impressive. It's a fun record. Took me about 3 full listens before I could sing along to some of it. It's sincere stuff. I like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, July 10, 2014
ROCK!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Post-Nothing, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Post-Nothing (Audio CD)
Such a good album. I play it in the background when I'm working. It's on several of my punk and rock playlists

5.0 out of 5 stars Rad, June 21, 2013
This review is from: Post-Nothing [Vinyl] (Vinyl)
This would be the record to start with if you want to get into Japandroids. A great album by a great band. Quick shipping, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Post-Nothing [Vinyl] (Vinyl)
Polyvinyl has a stacked lineup and this is just another link in the chain for this label. Great sound, great songs, infectious energy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album in general, not the best Japandroids, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Post-Nothing (MP3 Music)
No singles and Celebration rock better. If not for those I would have rated it 5 stars, but in comparison it is only a 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album., September 27, 2012
B. Miller (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Post-Nothing (Audio CD)
Just about every song is great. There is a great energy here and it's really fun to listen too. This isn't the type of album that everyone is going to like, but fans of distorted pop punk/garage rock will enjoy. Definitely a fast paced and enjoyable listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad it took me this long, August 16, 2012
This review is from: Post-Nothing (MP3 Music)
This album is the type of album that make you want to turn up the volume, turn down the worries, and dance around your living room. I actually used the cloud player and bought this at work and it brightened my whole day. If you dig Death From Above 1979, or just energentic stripped down rock n roll - you'll be right at home with any of the Japandroids releases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, November 2, 2010
This review is from: Post-Nothing [Vinyl] (Vinyl)
Hands-down, this is one of my favorite albums of 2009. It's a fun album to turn up the volume to and just rock out. It's just two guys playing an enthusiastic mix of post-punk, post-rock, and noise. The first three songs hit like a freight-train and are some of the best I've heard in a while. I defy anyone to not shout/sing along with "Wet Hair" as loud as you can. You just can't stop yourself. The last song, "I Quit Girls" is the best. It's so simple, yet it encapsulates the feeling of meeting "that" girl so well. The middle sags a bit because it slows down the tempo a bit but the songs are still top-notch. Plus, the album is short (8 songs, 35 minutes) so it breezes by quickly but it sticks with you for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars An album to share, September 29, 2009
This review is from: Post-Nothing (Audio CD)
There are always two kinds of music fans. The type that listen to the hype a band generates and the kind that listen with a critical ear. I've always been the first. And when i read reviews for the debut for japandroids i was amped.

The album is a cloudy yet sophisticated set of songs. I've always has respect for bands that aren't afraid to put less than 12 songs on a album. To me it's to just take out the filler and work on the better songs. This seems to be the practice of japandroids. Even though some of the lyrics are repetetive they are always taken second next to the music, and they are pop-fest of originaliity. I like how they are only a duo, but don't get caught up in incestrual nature of some duo. I even here some through backs to late 80s punk-hardcore, then drop in some shoegaze in the same song.

I wonder if i could convince anybody to buy this cd. probably not with all my poor verbage. I don't even know the track listing right now, all i know is the song i'm on "Heart Sweats" freakin rocks. It has a classic rock bravado feel close to that of mick jagger, without the usual context of a mickjagger wannabe.

The next song crazy/forever, is sludgy, pulsing, arguably the best on the album. It reminds me of an Open Hand song that I love. The are vocals placed in the background for afterthought of the melody. A plea that what is now can always be.

i like this album, and i think my wife will like it to, it will be played alot on my trip to utah.

Post-Nothing
Post-Nothing by Japandroids (Audio CD - 2009)
Rate and Discover Movies