Post here if you got faulty peripherals..

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 27, 2008 1:17:02 PM PDT
I.Flores says:
Ive read on some message boards that the drum kit on GH:WT was failing. It was a first-day purchase for me but now I'm in the fence waiting for reviews on the instruments to pop up.
Supposedly the green and yellow drumheads and the cymbals were failing to register, then someone said that it was because of a bad batch of the included batteries were shipped with minimal charge and that was it
Anyhow, if someone gets a defective drum set or guitar please post it in here.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 1:30:59 PM PDT
Chuck says:
Failing, don't know but we are having problems with the yellow cymbal registering. The drumsticks supplied are really lite and we find you really have to give both the yellow and orange cybals a pop to get them to register vs. the normal pop on the red/blue/green drum heads. Its getting frustrating so I would appreciate if its just the cross over with the right hand or if we possible have a defaulty yellow cymbal.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 2:24:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2008 2:26:27 PM PDT
C. Impton says:
My red drumhead fails to register half the time. If I don't hit it anywhere but directly in the center, and hard, it will NOT register. But sometimes it will work for a whole song. Other times it is completely frustrating because it will not register for 80 percent of the song. I was real curious to why I was getting in the 70's and low 80's for the first couple songs I played. I knew that I wasn't that bad, as I thought I was hitting every note correctly. I then eventually found out that it was just the red drumhead, and that it wasn't even registering half the time I hit it.

I would then test it out after the song and hit it all over. Top, bottom, left corner, right corner. Eventually, it seemed to be working right again. But then I'd go to play another song, and halfway through it, it would totally stop registering for like 10-15 notes in a row. Perhaps and hopefully it is just the batteries. What are they planning to do if in fact the controllers are faulty?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 6:02:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2008 6:03:35 PM PDT
B. Vaughn says:
From looking around the internet, here's the deal as I understand it:

People are already dissasembling things here are a few solutions: If the cymbal is not sensitive enough, there's probably something wrong with the sensor. There's 2 ways to fix this. 1) Open up the little compartment on the back and put some carboard between the sensor and the shell, creating tension and keeping the sensor in place. or 2) Go ahead and completely remove the sensor from the cymbal (If it's not already) and reglue it into the spot that's made for it in the cymbal body. If you pull it out, there is a an indention the size of the sensor where it's obviously supposed to be mounted.

Now for the drum pad issue. Apparently quality control is bunk wherever these sets were built, so the most common issue is a pad working intermittently or needing hard hits to activate. (This is most commonly the red one) If you remove the top of the drum set (Only a few small phillips screws) then you'll see where each drum sensor has 2 wires coming in. Check your wires on the drum pad with issues, because many people have reported that the wire is either disconnected, broken, or just barely connected. The solution to this one is to remove the silicone holding the wire to the sensor (Who thought up that idea?!?) from both the wire and the sensor and then reattach the wire to the sensor. You'll probably have to pull a little extra wire into the area, because apparently many of the wires were pulled very tightly, which also would lead to problems. I've heard that some people used electrical tape to hold it in place. If you're more electronics oriented, then maybe a little solder. Or you could just put down new silicone. The key to using new silicone is to make sure you have a good connection between the sensor and the wire! Wrapping the wire in goop and then hoping for contact is a bad idea!

Now, why are all these people fixing it themselves? If you try to go through Activision's current RMA system, they will make you pay to ship the item back to them....not good. Remember the Rock Band Guitar issues? Harmonix paid to ship all those guitars back and sent out replacements very quickly. In this case, it will be 3-6 weeks to get your kit back, and maybe much more, judging by how many people are having problems!

I hope this helped everyone, and yes, I am speaking from experience, since my first kit had a faulty red drum.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2008 1:13:18 AM PDT
S. Diaz says:
A person has to pay to send them back? The RMA routine with RockBand never had the person pay for shipping. That's g@y, I'm wondering whether to cancel my order from Amazon.

Thanks for the info though.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2008 9:13:51 AM PDT
My orange cybal pad is garbage. I have to hit it directly center, and as hard as I can, to get it to sound and then it still doesn't do it with any consistency. If there are multiple orange notes in a row then forget it. Also, I lost connection to both the drum and guitar dongle last night during Stranglehold. I heard this was a classic problem with GH3 on the PS3 (I picked up the 360 Version of GH3 but got the PS3 version of WT because none of my 360 friends play GH) and had hoped that it was corrected for this version but it doesn't look like it is. As unfortunate as that is, its not a game breaker. Having drum pads that don't register consistently is. Activision is going to need to get their logistics corrected before they lose their customers. The RMA process as Vaughn discribes it is absolutely unacceptable.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2008 9:33:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2008 9:34:51 AM PDT
sarahchaarli says:
Not only is our drum set not working right (red works intermittently and orange doesn't work at all), but the guitar strum is not working on lefty flip. It's fine for right handed people, but doesn't work for left-handed people unless they strum up (it worked at first, but after about 2 hours, it stopped working).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2008 2:57:59 PM PDT
C. Impton says:
I'm bout ready just to take the damned thing back and get a refund from Best Buy. There are way too many other great games I could buy for my PS3 this holiday season over this garbage of a game. I had such high hopes for this title. Spending $200-plus on a game only to have it not work right out of the box is a horrible feeling. I hope they get this problem fixed ASAP. I really want to enjoy and keep this game!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2008 12:01:21 PM PDT
C. Impton says:
Took the game back to Best Buy yesterday. They exchanged the game out for a brand new one. New one works like a charm. My wife is getting mid-90's on the drum on medium, and she has no coordination at all! LOL. Sorry babe (but congrats. Ha ha)! Now this game is a blast, just like I wanted and knew it could be in the first place.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Oct 27, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 30, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wii Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Kit
Wii Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Kit by Activision Inc. (Nintendo Wii)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (104)