5.0 out of 5 stars must-have!
Published on February 17, 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay for those who do not excercise
Published 17 months ago by CHARLIN CCC

4.0 out of 5 stars good for those early weeks post-natal, June 25, 2008
This review is from: Postnatal Rescue (DVD)
I forgot I had bought this DVD and started using it about 6 weeks after having had a c-section, and by that time I was pretty much able to skip right to the second workout of the three. (There was also some bonus stretching material for very soon post-partum, which I would have liked to have tried sooner.) While the three workouts seem a bit repetitive in parts, they go by quickly, and soon after you begin you feel as if you're done. I liked the idea of easing back into exercise and not attempting sit-ups or crunches right away, and this workout gave me the confidence to do that and not worry about injuring myself. The instructor has a little bit of a "I know it's hard but it's necessary" tone which can be annoying at times, but overall she's got a nice, motivational approach. The (very short) cameo at the end by her husband James Denton (from Desperate Housewives) is cute, as you see her interact a bit with her own family. I used this DVD for about 6 weeks, at which time i got back to my regular crunches and such.

5.0 out of 5 stars must-have!, February 17, 2008
Amazon Customer "jkr1433" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Postnatal Rescue (DVD)
This is my 6th pregnancy that I am recovering from and this video has been a great help. Erin OBrien gives simple explanations for each movement/exercise used. She explains the "whys" about what a postpartum body is going through and shows sincere concern about her postpartum audience. There are 3 15 minute exercise progressions- completely doable and enjoyable, plus she gives a couple of simple straightfoward tips in each section re: diet and cardio. She also includes stretches you can do beginning the day you return home (which feel so good when you feel so wrecked from pregnancy.) This would make a great gift to a expecting or new mom!

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay for those who do not excercise, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Postnatal Rescue (DVD)
I thought I was going to need something very soft to begin my post pregnancy workouts since Ia had a csection but it turned out that I didnt really. At my 6 wk doc clearance, I did the first 2 groups of excercises once and then went up to the 3rd group. By the 4th day I was a little bored. Before my pregnancy i was an active person and enjoyed yoga, pilates, weights and dancing so this was slow for me. But if you wanna start slow, dont normally workout or had a difficult delivery then this might work best for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars From a male's point of view, August 7, 2009
James R. Freyensee (Rapid City, SD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Postnatal Rescue (DVD)
I am a male Personal Trainer that has a large clientele of females. Two of my clients became pregnant last year and they both asked me to keep training them throughout their pregnancy. I was a little apprehensive about that because of their condition. During their first trimester they both complained that I wasn't the same trainer, that I was being too easy on them. I was hesitant to push them like I did before. So I purchased Erin's DVD and watched it several times until I came up with a routine like hers. I appreciated the fact that Erin was about 9 months pregnant when she shot this DVD. They were both happy that it was challenging but not overly tough. I adjusted the intensity down as they got further along. I'm happy to say that one stayed with me for 8 months and the other for 7 months. Both babies' were healthy when they were born (however, one started crying when I held him and talked to him. I think he recognized my voice from telling his mom to do one more rep).
I'm now using Erin's "Postnatal exercise" DVD and find it very informative for explaining to them that their body needs to go through rehab before we start the more intense exercises. They both feel they are in better shape after these births than they were with their older children.
I would strongly recommend these DVD's to any expectant mother that wants to keep exercising through their pregnancy.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect early postnatal DVD, August 10, 2013
This review is from: Postnatal Rescue (DVD)
i'm so glad i found this DVD! i initially was just going to buy tracy anderson's post-pregnancy dvd, but i'm so happy i read about this one first. it's the perfect early postnatal DVD. i started doing progression one before i had my six week doctor's appointment, but it was very gentle, and a nice way to feel like i was doing *something* about my mushy abs without being very strenuous. it's pilates-inspired. i also have had residual physical problems after my delivery that necessitated going to a chiropractor, and this DVD didn't feel like it would push the envelope so much that i would injure myself or set back my recovery.
i definitely feel much stronger after doing this.
other things to note..
-the 15 minute time length is, IMO, *perfect* for when you have a young infant. there's actually a chance you can get it in every day! 45 minute long DVDs, not so much..those take me almost all day to do.
-i love that Erin does the routine just on the carpet in her living room. it makes it feel very manageable and approachable.
-follow the progressions and don't be tempted to skip ahead. i tried progression 3 because i was getting bored, but i'm honestly not ready for it yet. it requires significant core strength, IMO.
-Erin's lecture at the beginning of progression 2 on healthy eating is pointless and annoying. you're not going to get skinny on 15 minutes a day here.. the point of his DVD to me is to turn my mushy core strong enough that i can carry my son without pain.
-there's no arm work here, unless you count push-ups. the majority is abs and legs.

my recommendation is to master progression 3 before you move on to tracy anderson. only at that point will your core be strong enough to do her DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars People can't believe I had a baby two months ago, July 28, 2013
This review is from: Postnatal Rescue (Amazon Instant Video)
I honestly believe this is because of the calories I burn breast feeding and this video. Just being able to exercise makes my day SOO much better. It's gentle, it's totally feasible for a new mom, just 15 minutes. Feels SOO good to use muscles I haven't in such a long time. I'm a huge fan of this video! I can feel my stomach muscles coming in, definitely enjoying the journey of winning my body back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, May 2, 2011
This review is from: Postnatal Rescue (Amazon Instant Video)
I am not a fitness buff. I find progression 2 to be quite challenging. I feel better after my morning session with Erin. She is pleasant to listen to and understands the postpartum experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems easy, but does the right things, January 16, 2013
This DVD is fantastic. I had a Caesarean two months ago and have been doing this series since six weeks post-surgery. At first it looked terribly easy and (mostly) it felt it too. After a few days of sticking with it, I began to notice a HUGE difference in my muscle strength and structure. Although the exercises seemed simple and minimal, I realize now that Erin O'Brien really does mean that you need to re-train your muscles to fire properly and she is doing just that. While my abdominals are still very weak and puffed out, they are noticeably stronger and flatter. At this rate, they will be better than my pre-pregnancy abs! I highly recommend this video to anyone, even if it seems like the movements are too easy. It's about the muscle function, not just the challenge. The workouts are very short and I can usually fit them in with even the tiniest of my DD's cat-naps. My only criticism is that there is no stretching after the workout. There are a few moves within the series, but I found I needed to add a bit more after my workout just to address tightness from my pregnancy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout after a csection, July 19, 2011
Genevieve Blair (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Postnatal Rescue (DVD)
This workout was just what I needed after my csection. It was gentle enough that you could workout without hurting your cut-up nerve endings and difficult enough that you could feel it working. Erin O'brien is super sweet too--she talks about being gentle on your body after child birth and taking it as slowly as you need to. She recognizes that your body isn't ready for a hard-core workout but at the same time doesn't make it too easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Graduated Workouts!, April 18, 2011
This review is from: Postnatal Rescue (DVD)
I used her Prenatal workout which I LOVED because I was able to be more challenged than many of the prenatal workouts. I was already in great shape prior to getting pregnant and most prenatal workouts were way too easy. So I started her postnatal rescue (my mom purchased the boxed set with both pre and post natal workouts) and love it. Since I was in great shape throughout my pregnancy (and I believe I had a fantastic natural delivery due in part to Erin's DVD) the first progression was a bit easy. I started when my daughter turned 1 week old. Make sure your doc says it's okay. I was in great shape after labor and got the go-ahead from my doc. So I forced myself to do progression 1 to make sure I didn't over do it. I did that for a week and then was pleasantly surprised at the challenge I got in the second and even more in the third. I think it is a great graduated program. She makes it very clear what you can and can't do and encourages gradual healing. Highly recommended.

Postnatal Rescue