5.0 out of 5 stars must-have!
Published on February 17, 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay for those who do not excercise
Published 22 months ago by CHARLIN CCC

5.0 out of 5 stars must-have!, February 17, 2008
Amazon Customer "jkr1433" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is my 6th pregnancy that I am recovering from and this video has been a great help. Erin OBrien gives simple explanations for each movement/exercise used. She explains the "whys" about what a postpartum body is going through and shows sincere concern about her postpartum audience. There are 3 15 minute exercise progressions- completely doable and enjoyable, plus she gives a couple of simple straightfoward tips in each section re: diet and cardio. She also includes stretches you can do beginning the day you return home (which feel so good when you feel so wrecked from pregnancy.) This would make a great gift to a expecting or new mom!

4.0 out of 5 stars good for those early weeks post-natal, June 25, 2008
I forgot I had bought this DVD and started using it about 6 weeks after having had a c-section, and by that time I was pretty much able to skip right to the second workout of the three. (There was also some bonus stretching material for very soon post-partum, which I would have liked to have tried sooner.) While the three workouts seem a bit repetitive in parts, they go by quickly, and soon after you begin you feel as if you're done. I liked the idea of easing back into exercise and not attempting sit-ups or crunches right away, and this workout gave me the confidence to do that and not worry about injuring myself. The instructor has a little bit of a "I know it's hard but it's necessary" tone which can be annoying at times, but overall she's got a nice, motivational approach. The (very short) cameo at the end by her husband James Denton (from Desperate Housewives) is cute, as you see her interact a bit with her own family. I used this DVD for about 6 weeks, at which time i got back to my regular crunches and such.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay for those who do not excercise, February 18, 2013
I thought I was going to need something very soft to begin my post pregnancy workouts since Ia had a csection but it turned out that I didnt really. At my 6 wk doc clearance, I did the first 2 groups of excercises once and then went up to the 3rd group. By the 4th day I was a little bored. Before my pregnancy i was an active person and enjoyed yoga, pilates, weights and dancing so this was slow for me. But if you wanna start slow, dont normally workout or had a difficult delivery then this might work best for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars From a male's point of view, August 7, 2009
James R. Freyensee (Rapid City, SD United States) - See all my reviews
I am a male Personal Trainer that has a large clientele of females. Two of my clients became pregnant last year and they both asked me to keep training them throughout their pregnancy. I was a little apprehensive about that because of their condition. During their first trimester they both complained that I wasn't the same trainer, that I was being too easy on them. I was hesitant to push them like I did before. So I purchased Erin's DVD and watched it several times until I came up with a routine like hers. I appreciated the fact that Erin was about 9 months pregnant when she shot this DVD. They were both happy that it was challenging but not overly tough. I adjusted the intensity down as they got further along. I'm happy to say that one stayed with me for 8 months and the other for 7 months. Both babies' were healthy when they were born (however, one started crying when I held him and talked to him. I think he recognized my voice from telling his mom to do one more rep).
I'm now using Erin's "Postnatal exercise" DVD and find it very informative for explaining to them that their body needs to go through rehab before we start the more intense exercises. They both feel they are in better shape after these births than they were with their older children.
I would strongly recommend these DVD's to any expectant mother that wants to keep exercising through their pregnancy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have after a difficult labor, September 19, 2010
Giving birth to my 1st child was a very painful experience. I had a lot of tearing and couldn't sit comfortably for several months. I liked this video for a few reasons: instructor seems very sincere and compassionate, the segments are short, the segments contain similar exercises that become harder as you become stronger, but what i liked most was that THERE WERE NO EXERCISES WHERE I HAD TO SIT ON MY BOTTOM!!!! Sitting "indian-style" or on my sit-bones, etc. just was not possible for me after this labor so I was thankful that I could do every exercise in this video. I was sadly disappointed to find some of the other well-rated videos had so many exercises that I couldn't do.

So, this video may not be challenging enough for the mother with an easy delivery and a boot camp attitude, but for those who have had a difficult labor or who want to GENTLY ease back into exercising, this is a WONDERFUL video!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for New Moms, February 10, 2010
I bought this DVD about 2 months after the birth of my 5th baby. I have used it 4-5 times a week for the last 2 months and have seen some great results! When I began using this workout I had been pretty sedentary since my baby's birth. This DVD has 3 "progressions" to work through and I began with the first progression. I only did that one a few times as it is very easy and intended more for the first month or so after baby. So I moved up to the second progression and it was definitely challenging for me! However, after a few weeks I felt MUCH stronger and more toned and could easily get through the workout so I moved to the 3rd and last progression. I am about 4 months postpartum and my body is SO much stronger and more toned than before I started. The 3rd progression has really gotten my abs, butt and thighs into shape and also toned my arms. I am about ready to find a more rigorous workout now, but Postnatal Rescue really eased my way into life after baby. I feel great! I would recommend this for any new mom, but start it earlier than I did! No later than 6 weeks postpartum to get the full benefits of the DVD.

I like that she also includes some "Gentle First Stretches" to do right after your baby is born up until you're ready to start exercising again.

Also, Erin is a good instructor and I personally enjoy her style. My kids like her too. :) My two toddlers exercise along with me and my 10 year old daughter likes to repeat Erin's encouragements: "Yes you can, you've got one more in you!"

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect early postnatal DVD, August 10, 2013
i'm so glad i found this DVD! i initially was just going to buy tracy anderson's post-pregnancy dvd, but i'm so happy i read about this one first. it's the perfect early postnatal DVD. i started doing progression one before i had my six week doctor's appointment, but it was very gentle, and a nice way to feel like i was doing *something* about my mushy abs without being very strenuous. it's pilates-inspired. i also have had residual physical problems after my delivery that necessitated going to a chiropractor, and this DVD didn't feel like it would push the envelope so much that i would injure myself or set back my recovery.
i definitely feel much stronger after doing this.
other things to note..
-the 15 minute time length is, IMO, *perfect* for when you have a young infant. there's actually a chance you can get it in every day! 45 minute long DVDs, not so much..those take me almost all day to do.
-i love that Erin does the routine just on the carpet in her living room. it makes it feel very manageable and approachable.
-follow the progressions and don't be tempted to skip ahead. i tried progression 3 because i was getting bored, but i'm honestly not ready for it yet. it requires significant core strength, IMO.
-Erin's lecture at the beginning of progression 2 on healthy eating is pointless and annoying. you're not going to get skinny on 15 minutes a day here.. the point of his DVD to me is to turn my mushy core strong enough that i can carry my son without pain.
-there's no arm work here, unless you count push-ups. the majority is abs and legs.

my recommendation is to master progression 3 before you move on to tracy anderson. only at that point will your core be strong enough to do her DVD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice start to recovery, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Postnatal Rescue (Amazon Instant Video)
I've only just started this video (am on progression 1). The exercises seemed fairly easy, so at first was disappointed until the second day, then I could feel some soreness in the pelvic area which I assume is from the exercises. I agree with some of the previous comments that this isn't a strenuous workout. But it works for me because but I was placed on bed-rest for the last trimester of my pregnancy and had a difficult post-delivery issue that left me feeling like I'd been punched hard in that area. The instructor (Erin) has a nice soother voice and encouraging tone which I need during this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Postnatal Video-Great after csection, January 1, 2009
Love this video and do it at least every other day. Only 15 min so I can get the whole thing done while my 3 mo old naps. I started doing the video about 8 weeks after a csection for a breech baby. Before that I did exercises from the book Cesarean Recovery by Chrissie Gallagher-Mundy. I love that its divided into 3 levels so you can work at your own pace. I did the first level until my baby was 2.5 mo as I still had a lot of discomfort from my scar and didn't want to go to fast. I love the stretches for the back as my upper back is often sore from babywearing and the overhead stretches on the floor really helped to ease some of the discomfort from my newly larger breasts due to breastfeeding. I'm now on the second level and am seeing real results. I love that she tells you to think like your body is in rehab and needs to be retrained. I did alot of exercise before becoming pregnant and used her prenatal workout until I was about 8 mo pregnant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, May 2, 2011
This review is from: Postnatal Rescue (Amazon Instant Video)
I am not a fitness buff. I find progression 2 to be quite challenging. I feel better after my morning session with Erin. She is pleasant to listen to and understands the postpartum experience.

Postnatal Rescue