From the Back Cover
Covers psychological, medical, and alternative treatments
Identify PPD symptoms, get help, and get your life back
Worried that you — or someone you love — are suffering from postpartum depression? This understanding, authoritative guide explains this sensitive disorder and how it differs from the "baby blues." You'll see how to find the right doctors, evaluate the various treatments — from medication to therapy to self-help groups — and create a comprehensive plan for recovery.
Discover how to
- Get an accurate diagnosis
- Find the proper treatments
- Break the cycle of negative thoughts
- Speed up the recovery process
- Get support from family and friends
- Plan for another baby after PPD
About the Author
Shoshana S. Bennett
, PhD, is a noted guest lecturer who has been featured on national television shows including ABC's 20/20. She is also host of the online talk show "Health Matters" at WorldTalkRadio.com.