Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on June 16, 2013
We needed a new mattress, had a regular spring mattress with pillow top, this went kaput after 8 years! Stiff and sore back issues demanded that we find something with good support. We took a chance on a Sealy Radiance king bed. Purchased it from a major dept store. We were worried about the smell factor etc. After the delivery and set up, we left the window open for several hours before we put the waterproof mattress protector on and sheets. Honestly the smell was not that big of a deal. My sheet set was a tiny bit loose, but not anything that bothers me at night. We've had it for a month now and we really like it. I would say that compared to a regular mattress, it does sleep a tiny bit warmer, but my hubby who sleeps very hot is doing good, uses mostly the sheet. My biggest praise is how my back feels when I get up, a huge difference! This mattress is firm, but has enough cushion to feel comfort. I hope that it lasts as they claim.

We have never had a foam bed before, our biggest fear was the heat factor, the Radiance has the gel near the surface so perhaps that is why we don't feel super heat from it, but we also live in the northwest which tends to be colder at night. So far I have no complaints, feel we made a good choice and I would recommend it. I am a side sleeper, and no problems for me on this mattress. I sleep more soundly actually.

Update! It is now late September 2014- had this bed for a longer period of time, still doing great, I love it and no problems so far.
44 comments45 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2012
Our bed was delivered 2 weeks ago...the best sleep ever! Comfort,cool and relaxing. I never realized our old bed was keeping us awake and giving us a broken nite of sleep. The first nite, instead of 5 hours of sleep we slept a full 8 hrs and awoke feeling better than I had in months. After 2 weeks I take it for granted that I am going to sleep all nite. At 63 and 70 that is more than we ever expected. Bonus this is $200 less than what it costs at the store
11 comment50 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2013
My back hurt the first few weeks sleeping on it, then it was just sore for a few weeks, now it's a little tight... I'm trending in the right direction but wish I wouldn't have bought it

UPDATE:

It's been another 9 months and I've upgraded the rating to 5 star from 3 star. This bed did take a while to get used to, I talked to the seller about returning it and he said it takes some time for my back to adjust to the "correct" way of sleeping. I thought he was full of smoke but now I sleep great and there is no pain or discomfort. The adjustment period was no fun but it's great now. I guess I was upset when I wrote my initial review, should have waited a little longer.
22 comments50 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2013
Great feel. My wife has severe spine and hip pain. We tried a sleep number bed and this is so much better for both of us. Great buy.
11 comment19 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2014
I have owned this bed for two years now and I absolutely love it! I specifically waited a long time before submitting a review in case any problems arose and so far - NOTHING! I am single and was concerned about sagging in one spot. I religiously rotate the mattress every month and that seems to be working. I have a lot of back problems and my chiropractor is the one who suggested I take a look at this one. To date, I have had no major flare ups and I couldn't be happier. I get a full night of uninterrupted sleep, I don't get too hot or cold; I just can't say enough good things about this mattress. I splurged and bought the adjustable base (in the event of a back flare up). Yes it was costly but I did my homework for several months prior to purchase and kept coming back to this one. The store I purchased it from offered three years deferred interest so I am making monthly payments that will pay it off before the promotion ends. Sure you can pay $299 for a queen set but you get what you pay for.
22 comments17 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2013
With our old spring mattress, I used to dread going to bed because I knew I would wake up sore. After convincing ourselves that the hefty expense of a top quality mattress was worth it, we went shopping. We looked at spring, air, and foam and eventually thought we had decided on the Tempur-Pedic Cloud. We went to the store to make our final decision and came across the Sealy Optimum for the first time. The much lower price is what caught our attention, the cooling gel made us more interested, but the comfort is what eventually sold us. We spent most of the morning trying out both beds and we actually found the Sealy Optimum Radiance more comfortable than the Tempur-Pedic Cloud.

On the day we took delivery of the new bed, we immedialy noticed it was a little firmer than we remembered in the store. We realized that those beds had been broken in a lot more than our virgin foam. It's now been about a month and it's still a little firmer than the showroom bed, but I have no regrets. It's still the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on and I know it will only get better as it continues to soften up.

One thing that spooked us a little prior to buying was talk about the smell, or "gas-off", that comes from these memory foam mattresses. I can honestly say that we never smelled it. This was one of the best purchases we have ever made. 5-star rating!!!
11 comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2013
This mattress is amazing. Our old traditional mattress gave me incredible backaches to the point I could barely roll over and get out in the morning. No longer do I have this problem. I can't feel my husband move or get out, either. The bed is firm but softens slightly as you lay in it. There is no "center sinking" as we had in our old mattress either. I was 100% sure I wanted a Tempur Cloud Supreme until I tried this mattresses a result of a glowing recommendation from my parents. It is just as comfortable and about $1,000 less expensive with a better warranty. With the money we saved, we bought one for our daughter, too, who now, consequently, does not want to get out of bed in the morning. Quite a change from her old habits when sleeping on her old mattress. If you are looking for a great, supportive memory foam mattress, I would recommend this mattress in a heartbeat. It is fabulous!!!
33 comments30 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2014
This mattress was a dream for several months, then it changed. It sags deeply on both sides, I cannot even get out of bed. I am in soooo much pain! I paid $1200 for this at a large retail store. I bought it right after I had disc surgery, I had to have a good mattress, we were broke, but I came up with the cash. I called the Store and they said I could have someone from Sealy come out since it was a year old now. So, I'm going to do that. I don't know if they'll do anything. I'm mad because I have to purchase new set after only one year, I'm not depending on getting a full refund. I'll let you know what happens after it's inspected. The mattress is like a W now. My husband now sleeps on the coach and I sleep in the middle of it, but it's a big mound, not comfortable. but, better sleeping on the mound then the hole on my side. I thought Sealy was the best, I'm not so sure now. I think these mattresses need to be recalled and we should start a class action lawsuit! oh, I'm 175 lbs and I roll around in my sleep, which I think made this worse, but I've never had a mattress that only lasted a year!!!!!
11 comment18 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2013
This is my first memory foam mattress. I like it very much. It's softier than i expected but my back doesn't hurt anymore. If you like to sleep on your side or facing down this is the mattress for you
11 comment22 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2013
I like the mattress for sleeping on, but found a very strong smell of rubber. I've had it now for over a month and the smell is still there. I am contemplating returning it. I have hoped that the smell would dissipate. I do however enjoy a great nights rest!