Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

95%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 18, 2002
We just received this book as a gift a few days ago and my 2-year old son has asked Mommy to read it no fewer than twenty times already! The sing-song rhyme pattern is lots of fun, somewhat similar to Boynton in Barnyard Dance, another of our favorites. We get loud and crazy when we read this one! The illustrations are lovely and provide lots of scope for discussion and I Spy games. This is a terrific book and I would be surprised if your child didn't enjoy it tremendously!
on January 19, 2000
My 2 1/2 year old has LOVED this book for well over a year. It's perfect for boys AND girls, with a surprise twist at the end...turns out the baby is in the kitchen with her DAD, not mom. Hurray! 1 word of caution...this book is not for you if you can't stand the noise of pots and pans banging together in the kitchen. As for me, I'm thrilled with any distraction that allows me and my toddler to peacefully co-exist in the kitchen when I need to cook/clean. Enjoy!
on May 20, 2003
This book can be read very quickly for the impatient baby, or savored for the older toddler. The pictures are cute, and the main adult in the story is the father. My toddler liked the presence of the dog and cat. She enjoyed the book since she was 8 months old. It is not one of her favorites now at 2 1/2 but we still read it occasionally since it only takes about 2 minutes to get through. The rhythm and rhyme flow well.
This would make a great baby gift!
Jennifer Clauson
on April 12, 1999
Pots and Pans is a marvelous book combining fun rhyme with beautiful illustrations. The listening child will enjoy banging his hands to the rhythm of the poetry in the book as he watches the baby in the book bang on the pots and pans in the kitchen. Excitement builds as the kitchen becomes less and less tidy. Onomatopoetic words entrance the youngest readers and they are soon beating a tattoo when they hear, "Ching, ching, ching, listen to them ring! Cling, clang, cling, listen to them sing! Bang, bang, bang! Bam, bam, wham!" The illustrations show a "real" baby, with bib overalls, wispy hair and an impish grin of delight.
on January 14, 2002
This book is one of the best kept secrets in childrens literature! It has a wonderful rhythm as you read the words. The pictures are big and bold, and the theme is one that both toddler and parent alike can relate to......baby making a mess of the kitchen cupboards in record time. And suprise....at the end it is the Dad doing the dishes (you only see his socked feet for the previous pages). My daughter has been "reading" this since she was 10 mo. old, and now, at 16 mo. she brings this book to me every day, and we read it at least twice. Give it a try!
on July 7, 2003
This is a favorite of my daughter's! When we sit to read, it is one she reaches for again & again! The rhyme makes the book a joy to read & my daughter gets into the "beat"! Now that her vocabularly is expanding (2 yrs old) she loves to "read" the book herself, exclaiming in excited tones the "boom, boom, bang" clatter of pans! A "must-have for a toddlers library, you won't be sorry about this purchase!
on December 28, 2012
Purchased this book for my little granddaughter, who absolutely LOVES booksr - cute book for a 2 year-old. Got it to go along with the "pots and pans" purchased for her new "kitchen."
on January 6, 2000
My 22 month old daughter can not get enough of this book. The wonderful combination of sounds and rhythm makes Pots and Pans an instant favorite.
VINE VOICEon January 5, 2010
A few years ago, I was given a set of stainless steel nesting bowls as a wedding present. I liked them and stuck them in my cabinet . . . and promptly forgot about them. They just weren't particularly useful. And then my son reached six months of age and began to discover toys and I was rummaging among my cabinets for something to give him, and there they were! Since then, those nesting bowls have become a fundamental part of my son's toys. He adores the noise they make crashing into one another and when flung about on the floor. Pots and Pans is the perfect book to capture that activity in its essence.

A simple, rhyming book full of onomatopoeic sound words to describe the noise of pots and pans and other things, it's a clamorous joy to read aloud (and fun to add your own pots and pans to the beat!) A little baby, a puppy and cat are all busy exploring a kitchen full of pots, pans, bowls and boxes and making lots of noise in the process. The book transports you right into the middle of the activity with lively rhyme and rhythm. "Pots and pans/lids and cans/ baby's in the kitchen/with pots and pans". The pictures are soft pencil and pastel colors, but realistically drawn images of a baby, cat, dog and eventually a father who comes in at the very end when the baby has dumped over an enormous amount of stuff. Diane de Groat's sense of scene and composition make this book charming and delightful to look over the detail of the images, and yet convey the actions without making the page too busy.

One particular thing I love about this book is that the pages are a sturdy cardstock, rather than the regular paper, or bulky board book style. They're sturdy enough that I can read this to a baby or toddler and allow them to touch the pages without immediate worry that they'll rip or tear it. And believe me, my curious almost-toddler loves to try and yank the pages out of my hands--he loves turning pages! There are few picture books, I think that capture an almost universal moment in babies' (and their parents) lives with such clarity and charm. I'm very happy I discovered this little gem! Folks who like this may also want to look for Cookie's Week by Cindy Ward and Down by the Station by Will Hillenbrand.

Happy Reading! ^_^ Shanshad
on March 22, 2007
This book was a favorite of my two daughters, and now my 18 month old son loves it as well. The rhythm of the text, and the realistic illustrations, are very appealing to toddlers. Although my son can't say the words yet, he tries to "sing" along. This is one of those books that a child will consistently bring back to you again and again!