Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-46 of 46 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 10, 2012 7:02:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 7:04:12 AM PDT
For what it's worth, the HP books will be in the Lending Library on June 19th. No money, no payment problems, free to read, assuming you have a Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 8:07:22 AM PDT
D. Steiner says:
Reloadable visa and master cards bought in the USA can only be used in the USA. I have tried that for an online game before

Posted on May 10, 2012 8:42:03 AM PDT
Karen k says:
Someone told me that MasterCard does not work Over seas, only visa does.

Posted on May 10, 2012 8:42:22 AM PDT
Karen k says:
Someone told me that MasterCard does not work Over seas, only visa does.

Posted on May 10, 2012 10:05:13 AM PDT
Rhonda says:
My MasterCard debit card won't work today on the Pottermore site but it worked on 03/28 & 04/02. I'm not sure why it won't work now. Spent 45 minutes of my lunch hour on the phone with the local bank, then the main office, then their fraud department. No one could tell me why. So frustrating! I just wanted to by book 3 for $7.99...jeez.

Posted on May 12, 2012 9:36:48 AM PDT
KayPal says:
Hello all!
I tried to buy the first Harry Potter for my kindle in French 5 different times with my Visa debit card. It didn't work, even after my bank called me concerned about fraud issues and I authorized the purchase. Then I tried with my Visa credit card (which I don't like to use very often) and it worked the first time. I would suggest trying to use credit before debit.

Posted on May 21, 2012 7:06:43 AM PDT
Miss Yena says:
I'm an aussie and have been trying repeatedly, very annoyed right now. If she had just sold through amazon she would have my money and I would have my ebooks, I have read that amazon gets a cut if you redirect from their site to pottermore anyway....

My issue details:
Gotten through to the visa secure thing twice and it freezes out after that, since then I have gotten through to the step before that before erroring out, nervous that tomorrow I will have 20 charges...

Posted on May 26, 2012 11:35:55 AM PDT
Guy says:
Anyone else get this when they try to make a purchase from Pottermore:
Gateway Timeout
The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.7a7008d1.1338057255.52e552

Posted on May 31, 2012 10:32:01 AM PDT
Dan2176 says:
Pottermore won't even take the Amazon Chase credit card. Very frustrated. - Don't know why Amazon hasn't tried to deal with Pottermore directly about it.

Posted on May 31, 2012 5:16:51 PM PDT
Christine says:
Not sure if this will help anyone trying to make purchases but...I had to contact my bank directly (face to face) and explain what I wanted to do. Because it is an international transaction and in the United Kingdom (they said there are a lot of problems with fraud), many banks and card companies (visa was mine) will automatically block those transactions. My entire account was actually froze twice before I went directly to the bank. The manager at the bank contacted VISA and I was given a 24 hour window in which to make the transaction. I feel your pain, because I experienced a great deal of frustration over it as well.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:32:06 PM PDT
That's not true. I used the Amazon Chase credit card for my purchase. No problems at all. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you, but it's definitely not true that it absolutely doesn't work. That's strange though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 1:44:49 PM PDT
Melfi says:
we had the same experience...our bank (and I appreciate their concern) said there is so much fraud from UK sites that they would not release the restrictions either...may have to get another credit card JUST to purchase the e-books for Harry Potter...maybe American Express?
very very very frustrating

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 11:42:22 PM PDT
C. Ruggiero says:
I used my citibank master card and it worked just fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 5:46:19 PM PDT
Jordan Jump says:
i have a visa debit and it won't go through. i'm trying to order a phone an d it won't work at all.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:50:24 PM PST
Ivy Vine says:
They need to allow Amazon payments like many other 3rd party websites are now doing. You don't have to give them your info at all, you use your Amazon account and the payment goes through there. Since the only reason people want to use the Pottermore site anyways is because it is the only way to buy the kindle books (we can still buy the physical books from Amazon), then it makes sense to let us use this type of payment. I don't use credit or debit cards, I put money onto my Amazon account with their Gift Cards. Due to this horrible system of purchasing the kindle versions and so many people having bad experiences with the purchase itself, I am just going to get the actual books instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 6:55:56 PM PST
Aminta says:
There is now a PayPal link, but I tried it three times and it said there was a problem with my login, which there isn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 6:56:36 PM PST
Aminta says:
It's eight months later...I'm assuming this is still an issue? Neither my PayPal, nor my credit card will go through.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 2:39:23 PM PST
Same here. I cannot get through to simply purchase a book. I did all the sign up stuff and still no book. Very disappointing.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 2:54:14 PM PST
Ivy Vine says:
If wanting to purchase a physical book, just do it directly from Amazon instead. It's only the digital (kindle) books that you have to use the Pottermore site for.

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 3:56:11 PM PDT
Does anyone know if I can an apply Amazon gift card balances on Pottermore since that is the site that Amazon redirects for the purchase of the ebooks.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 9:34:27 AM PDT
Angela Lee says:
My charge went through but the book never downloaded when I tried. I have a kindle fire and it says it should. I've been emailing them back and forth and still do not have the book. And now it says my login info is incorrect. I know it is but it still won't let me log on and they just keep emailing me asking for my email and security question and answer. I've given it to them and still nothing. I said I wanted a refund and I'd just go buy the hard cover and they never replied. I want to call customer service but can't find a phone number!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  40
Total posts:  46
Initial post:  Mar 29, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) by J. K. Rowling (Hardcover - August 1, 2007)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (8,952)