Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on March 21, 2006
I own almost all books on decorating kids rooms and this is by far the best. It has great tips on how to use everyday and/or easy to make items to make kids rooms fun and fabulous. There are a lot of items in the book that they sell but they definitely do not push their product.

I am NOT a fan of Pottery Barn in general, as a matter of fact, I just bought the "Work Spaces" book and found it to be awful, sort of junky old stuff. However, this book is a MUST if you are decorating for your kids. Very practical and useful. My 4 year old son and I looked at every page and he loved every boys room and playroom in this book.

This book was not what I expected at all. Most kids books are full of outlandish or impractical but beautiful rooms. The rooms in this book are definitely not what I would call beautiful, but are very fun and practical for your kids. These are definitely not showplaces. The rooms they illustrate include a bathroom, bedrooms, a playroom, and art spaces.

A word of caution, though. This book does not have several bedrooms, playrooms, or bathrooms. It has a couple of each, but great advice to make your childs room great fun!
on January 10, 2007
I thought this book would be about kids BEDrooms, but it's encompasses all kid spaces. It's great if you are building a home, remodeling or have the space to create as they do. I was disappointed that there wasn't more about kids bedrooms, but I picked up a FREE copy of the Pottery Barn Kids catalogue at my local store and that had what I was looking for.
on March 20, 2016
I used to have a whole collection of these Pottery Barn books. This was back in 2006 when I bought them. I assume I sold them all. At the time though, I *loved* these books. I loved the decor style of Pottery Barn stores and catalogs. If you like both as well, I believe you would like this book. It has many good ideas for decorating a child's room that is clean yet stylish looking. The hardbound books are good coffee table books as well. Worth looking at over and over.
on December 27, 2011
I purchased this book because I had the same one before and someone borrowed it and did not return it. I did not remember who I loaned it to so I purchased another to replace it, only to have the person return it days after this one arrived. I kept both. I think it goes without saying that I love this book, the fact that I actually replaced it. There are so may great ideas in for my boys room.
on July 23, 2011
The book is great and has many useful and fun ideas for kid spaces. But.. I feel like I've seen every page in blogland. I still skim through the pages every so often for fresh ideas but I wish is was kept more of a secret.
on June 1, 2014
The book was described as new, but it was not. There was damage to across the top and side of the dust cover. The book it self was also damaged on the top left hand corner.
on November 3, 2006
This is a great book. I love the entire design library from Pottery Barn. Lots of fun ideas & good pictures.
on May 2, 2014
A book that seems mostly like another Pottery Barn catalog. Nothing that exciting or different enough to make me want to copy one of their rooms.
on February 25, 2009
Fantastic and simple ideas. Most of them you can do it all alone without any cost.
on April 6, 2008
This book features a few nice rooms but it only features two bedrooms, one for either sex. The berooms are lovely but this is not a great reference book if you are after lots of inspiration. Much of the info is common sense for most people too. I collect books on kids rooms so like it for my library sake, it is well phoyographed and will do as a quick flick occasionally but there are better books if you want lots of theme ideas and variety.