4.0 out of 5 stars Fun doll for a potty training boy!
I never write reviews, but I almost didn't order this product because of all the bad ones so I decided to quickly write one! Maybe I should do it more, since I always read them!

Published on August 2, 2012 by Tiffani K. Hirst

1.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed
Published on June 4, 2012 by KC03

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun doll for a potty training boy!, August 2, 2012
This review is from: Potty Scotty Doll (Baby Product)

Anyhow, this doll is great for my little one (15 months). I love that Scotty is anatomically correct! As the other reviewers have said, he does leak a bit when you do not feed him correctly (slowly and at the right angle, like the directions say). However, when he has water in him he "pees" just fine, with just a gently squeeze of his thigh. My recommendation is that you don't allow your child to actually "feed" Scotty (they could just pretend with empty bottles) but instead fill Scotty up when the child is not around so when you are ready to "pee" him he is good to go! If you do this it will save you a lot of trouble with the leaking and with having to feed him slowly, and really a child of potty-training age is probably not going to figure out what's going on anyways!

I say if you are looking for an anatomically correct doll to assist your child with potty training this doll is awesome! I gave it 4 stars because yes, there is a small amount of leaking, but if you feed him slowly and correctly it is very minimal and is worth it to have a doll that pees in my opinion!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed, June 4, 2012
KC03 (Arlington, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Potty Scotty Doll (Baby Product)
I've read reviews like the one I'm about to post on products and thought, "Wow that person had a really bad experience. Can it really possibly be that bad?" Yes, it can. The doll is cheaply made. I was surprised, because I had only imagine that it would be decent quality to work well enough to assist in potty training a child. My son is one month shy of his third birthday and has expressed interest in potty training for about 4 months. Potty training is something he pursued, so we are trying to make his attempts successful.

First problem: The bottles that come with the doll to feed it water were not a good fit, so we had to press really hard on the doll's face to get the bottle into the mouth far enough, so the water wouldn't spill down the cheeks. My son became more concerned that the doll was getting wet than drinking the water. Then he was a little upset that we had to force the bottle into the dolls mouth.

Second problem: The water was coming out of the doll's seams: the neck, where the legs attach to the base, etc., which meant that there wasn't any water to come out of his penis when it was time to potty.

And so our attempt ended with my son not wanting to give the doll any water, because it would spill down his face and that his body would leak. Then he just had no interest in taking the doll to the bathroom to teach it to potty.

The one positive thing was that my son was impressed that the doll was anatomically correct and that it was a boy. However, Scotty is headed back to Amazon. My recommendation is to spend some time at a local store looking at dolls that can function like this, instead of purchasing this doll.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Teaching Tool!, June 11, 2012
This review is from: Potty Scotty Doll (Baby Product)
We used Potty Scotty along with the book on how to potty train your child in one day. My son is 2 yrs and 3 months.....and it worked wonderfully! We are a month out from the big day and he has had 3 accidents (all pee). Scotty has all of the 'parts' so I try to keep him clothed, esp if he leaves the house. It did seem a little expensive, but considering how easy it was for my son to 'teach' Scotty how to potty....and teaching himself in the process, we felt Scotty was well worth the money!!! I've had several friends offer to buy Scotty used, so we plan on selling him to recover some of the initial cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but not excellent, August 26, 2012
This review is from: Potty Scotty Doll (Baby Product)
I bought this doll to help potty train my two and a half year old son. We used the potty party method and they recommend getting an anatomically correct doll that can actually pee. This is one of only a few options. The doll sometimes "leaked" when I didn't want it too and my son figured out quite quickly that all he had to do was squeeze the dolls leg to make it pee and then he would get a treat. The potty traing was a success, but I don't know that it can be attributed to a rather pricy doll we will never use again. I think the less expensive doll we still had from my daughter would have worked just as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm, February 5, 2013
This review is from: Potty Scotty Doll (Baby Product)
The Potty Scotty was exactly what I was hoping for. I wasn't amazed by the price, but after reading reviews of other dolls I felt like if I wanted quality I had to pay full price. It does take a while to fill up the doll so make sure that you read the instructions and be patient. I filled up the doll the night before our potty training day so that I wouldn't have to fuss with it the day of. I did actually let my son feed Scotty, but we filled him up to much and Scotty had an overflow accident. What a great opportunity for practicing going potty after an accident. :0)

1.0 out of 5 stars Water everywhere, January 13, 2014
This review is from: Potty Scotty Doll (Baby Product)
Water does not come out of penis. It comes out of everywhere. Doll is cute but cheaply made. I would not recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good potty training tool, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Potty Scotty Doll (Baby Product)
I bought this doll to assist in PT'ing my 2 1/2 year old son. I'd tried getting him to pee on the potty on my own but failed miserably. He was never interested and even cried when I forced him to sit down. I talked to a friend who suggested I try the book "Toilet Training in Less Than a Day." It worked brilliantly. This doll (and the rewards) add to the interest of training for the child. I don't think he would have wanted to start if it hadn't been for the training the doll portion.

As far as the doll goes, it does leak a little bit if you shake it. But if you are gentle with it, it does what it's suppose to do. After training I put it back in the box and put it away. I'll be using it for the next child!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Potty Scotty Doll (Baby Product)
I am an occupational therapist who has taught toilet training for 30+ years. This is useless for potty training. Nothing works right on it. Bottle doesn't fit in mouth. Baby dribbles right away. Worthless

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, January 6, 2013
This review is from: Potty Scotty Doll (Baby Product)
This doll was not what I expected for the price. All of the accessories for the doll are cheap and the doll is so hard to use. Every time the doll wets somewhere whether you want it to or not so it is hard to teach your child with the doll how to stay dry. The doll leaks from every crevasse such as through his hair, legs, neck etc. Also you cannot feed the doll quickly so they expect you to have your two year old sit there and feed the doll for twenty minutes which is a joke. I would not recommend this doll it is more hassle than it should be and therefore is not the most effective for potty training.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!, May 13, 2014
This review is from: Potty Scotty Doll (Baby Product)
The doll was as pictured, however using the dinky baby bottles, I could not get the doll to wet. It did sit on the previously purchased potty chair. I would not buy again.