5.0 out of 5 stars I love this thing!
I used to have a similar machine, a Craftsman that I bought from Sears. I thought it was wonderful, too. It died after about ten years, and the repair guy wanted more to repair it than to buy a new one, so I sadly decided to live without it.

Published 16 months ago by olotsodogs

Published 15 months ago by Neil Richardson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this thing!, April 5, 2013
This review is from: Poulan Pro PR22WT Wheeled Trimmer, 22-Inch (Lawn & Patio)

But regular mowers are a pain to deal with. They are hard to start, choke on heavy grass and weeds, and destroy a drip line if you happen to hit one you can't see. Hand-held trimmers have less power, throw my back out, and use ridiculous amounts of line. I have a tractor, but it is a lot of effort to get it out. Plus there are areas where a tractor cannot go, and you can't edge with it.

So this year I had a little extra money, and I decided to get another high wheeled trimmer. This one is even better than the first one I had, because it has more adjustments, the trimming head has a brake so you can stop it without stopping the motor, and the line is even heavier.

It came today, and all I had to do was pull it out of the box, unfold the handle and tighten it, and give it gas and oil (the oil came with it). It started with just one pull, then off I went and easily cut through grass and weeds that were 15-18 inches tall. I mowed for about an hour, and even though I clipped a metal stake and a cedar post, my line was only an inch or two shorter when I finished.

It is basically a REALLY powerful weed-eater that you don't have to carry. You can use it to cut a wide swath, or fit it into small spaces and edge with it. I love that it does not chew up my drip lines like a regular mower does if I happen to hit one.

It will not cut through saplings (although it did notch my cedar post), but it does a dynamite job on thick weeds, and I know from experience that with this type of machine it does not matter if the grass and weeds are wet and heavy, or extremely tall.

I am really happy I bought this!

3.0 out of 5 stars Trimmer started easily once gas and oil were added to engine., May 24, 2013
Neil Richardson (Hot Springs, AR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Poulan Pro PR22WT Wheeled Trimmer, 22-Inch (Lawn & Patio)
This unit arrived via UPS Wednesday evening. I assembled the trimmer on Thursday and began to use it. It is quiet with its 4-stroke motor. The trimmer motor could not be stopped using the handle-mounted throttle control (it has a "Stop" position). Neither could the motor speed be varied. It happened to be running at a good speed for trimming but I could neither increase nor decrease the motor's RPMs. To stop the motor I had to disconnect the spark plug wire. I needed to use the trimmer again this morning. It started with one pull and I was able to complete the cutting I had started on Thursday. Again the motor could be stopped only by disconnect the spark plug wire. I took the unit to a local Poulan dealer/repair shop and was told, "It is the throttle mechanism—they make 'em out cheap plastic." I'll have the unit back in about seven days.

At this point I could hardly recommend this trimmer to a friend. Perhaps, if this initial problem turns out to be just a freak problem, I might change my attitude.

And, I agree with another reviewer that the wheels could have been larger for easier mobility in somewwhat rough areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars TRIMMING TIME, August 10, 2013
This review is from: Poulan Pro PR22WT Wheeled Trimmer, 22-Inch (Lawn & Patio)
I looked at a lot of different trimmers and after reading all the reviews, this was the best choice. I have property in the mountains and a lawn mower wont work in my situation but this trimmer did. It did a better job then I expected, could not be happier with the purchase!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars I'd buy another one, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Poulan Pro PR22WT Wheeled Trimmer, 22-Inch (Lawn & Patio)
It started on the first pull after set up and priming. Very quiet and cuts through weeds and tall grass. Outstanding machine for a really good price, since there was free shipping.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, May 8, 2013
This review is from: Poulan Pro PR22WT Wheeled Trimmer, 22-Inch (Lawn & Patio)
I got it mainly for work under trees and ditch work. Lots of rough areas to mow around. It has plenty of power and has not given a moments maintenance problem in several years. The down side is whoever the mental midget that designed this decided on 12 inch wheels. It needs larger wheels to cut the workload down. In a level yard doing edging that shouldn't be so much of a problem. The safety rubber flap on the rear is very flimsy. Would I buy another. Maybe, but I'd likely opt for a larger wheel model.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poulan Week Eater, June 9, 2013
This review is from: Poulan Pro PR22WT Wheeled Trimmer, 22-Inch (Lawn & Patio)
Works well on flat areas. On sloped part of the yard, you have to hold it up and completely straight, or it digs a hole. Started easily and on the first pull.

2.0 out of 5 stars 190cc as advertised?... NOT!!! 140cc delivered. No wonder so cheap., June 27, 2013
This review is from: Poulan Pro PR22WT Wheeled Trimmer, 22-Inch (Lawn & Patio)
What a disappointment when I opened the box. I wanted it to cut tall grass and forbs for fire protection. At $250.00 it would have been fair. My local hardware store had a B&S 190cc on sell for $249.00, regularly $489.99. I feel like I got ripped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard working mower, June 26, 2013
This review is from: Poulan Pro PR22WT Wheeled Trimmer, 22-Inch (Lawn & Patio)
I live on a river bank here in Missouri and the stinging nettles use to have the run of the, not any more. In less then a hour I had mowed down a half acre of these tough plants. Well worth the price .

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding Trimmer!!!!, July 24, 2014
This review is from: Poulan Pro PR22WT Wheeled Trimmer, 22-Inch (Lawn & Patio)
I read many reviews prior to purchasing this trimmer, and most all of them said that right out of the box after putting in the supplied oil and their own gasoline the trimmer started with the first pull of the starter handle...and I thought yeah, fat chance of that happening. So I disbelievingly pulled the handle, and GLORY, it STARTED!!!!!! I cannot say enough good about the Pro PR22WT trimmer. Being a novice to this kind of a machine, I guess my opinion is less valid than those who are acquainted with the walk-behind trimmers, but as for me I am blown away. I hit weeds four foot tall and it barely changed engine rhythm. This is one gutsy trimmer...buy it...buy it now! PS The amazon prime free shipping was ever so S W E E T.

4.0 out of 5 stars Did a great job., July 11, 2014
This review is from: Poulan Pro PR22WT Wheeled Trimmer, 22-Inch (Lawn & Patio)
It worked great. We had some really thick brush along the pasture line and it cut right through it with no effort. We have used a regular weed cutter in the past and this cut our time in half.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›