Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 24, 2013
I was a little worried buying this charger because it's not an actual Dell charger but it works great. I've had it for a few months now and it's still going strong! Charges my computer just as well as my actual Dell charger did and for the price you can't beat it.

***Charger stopped working after about 6 months so I contacted the seller and they sent out a replacement charger. The new charger is still going strong so hopefully it will last longer than 6 months. I decreased the rating to 4 stars simply because the first charger didn't even last a year.
on February 16, 2014
So my charger came in the mail (earlier than i expected). At first i was a little worried because this charger was very small compared to the original dell chargers. On top of that, the small output piece that plugs into the laptop is a "hex" shape, which threw me off because most are round/circular but don't be discouraged. it takes a little arm to get it in but it still works and i feel that its much more secure. Other than that, so far so good

Tips for anyone who plans on getting a laptop charger..
- Read the Voltage input/output specifications on/under your laptop. (Failure to do so can result in laptop overheating, which can melt your motherboard or your charging port)
- Make sure you buy the Correct Voltage adapter
- Make sure you have the Correct Battery, = to the Voltage of the charger for your laptop
- READ THE REVIEWS!!!!!
on March 21, 2014
I bought this a while ago to replace my original Dell charger that well dead. The price was astounding considering how much I was told I would have to pay for an original Dell charger (almost $300 of my dollars so like $100US and a battery for my 1545 was going at $580 or $215US).

It came fast. That is a huge plus! And the packaging was great.

My only issue is that the cord leading to the wall is very much thinner than my original charger's. I looked at it and thought, "This is never gonna work." But it did and it has. I use it everyday for hours. No sparks, No hassle, No overheating. No problems.

I thought of switching the thinner part with the thicker one from my original Dell charger. But this doesn't work because it has three holes instead of the two that this replacement has. And the connector to the socket has two pins not three like the original.

All in all, a VERY good buy!
on August 5, 2015
Works great so far...and as for the price; well, you know. Now I've bought one these cheap chargers before and after about 6 months or so, it would stop charging the battery, and only power the laptop. I've got my fingers crossed and hope for the best. But honestly, it's cheap enough that I am not overly concerned.
on August 14, 2015
This charger does not work well with Dell 1545 laptops...I got this and suddenly my hardware started acting messed up. I couldnt type, my mouse was jumping all over the place. After replacing my mouse, scanning with all my antiviruses etc. I came across a computer help board that talked about the exact same problem. They unplugged the cord the problem stopped. So I did it. Low and behold the problem stopped. Did this several times, each time the problem would happen when the cord was plugged in. The battery I had charged very slowly with this cord as well and the box was EXTREMELY HOT/ OVERHEATING, this could cause a fire hazard. The cord was also VERY SHORT. Pay the couple extra bucks for a Dell version, save yourself a lot of problems.

Not to mention when I tried to contact the seller with my problems they were NOT helpful. Returned it through Amazon, got my money back.
on August 31, 2013
This product fit our need perfectly. Needed to replace power adapter/battery charger for Dell Inspiron 1545. This product fit perfectly and has been working well since our purchase.
on November 17, 2015
I recently found my 7 or 8 year old Dell laptop and realized I hadn't transferred all of it's contents to my new computer. The original charger was MIA so I figured I could find one online for a reasonable price. I didn't expect much from such an inexpensive charger as I only needed to use it for a couple of hours. With that said, this did the job fine but didn't stay in my laptop's charging port, it kept falling out, so I had to hold it in place while I used the laptop. It didn't seem like this charger was entirely fit for my particular laptop- a Dell Inspiron 1545. It did charge my computer, so they're compatible in that aspect, but the fit wasn't right. I didn't really research before buying this so maybe it was never meant for this particular Inspiron. I'd just recommend checking the compatibility before purchasing if you intend to use the charger on a regular basis.
VINE VOICEon October 20, 2014
I have a Dell Inspiron 1545, which is on the list of laptops this cord is compatible with. I am not happy with it but need a cord. It will supply power to the laptop but won't charge it. So If the cord (which is very loose when inserted into the laptop port) comes out or I want to take the laptop into another room for a minute without the cord, the charge will last all of 2 minutes. My mouse sometimes gets "stuck" and doesn't move smoothly across the screen so tasks take twice as long. Since I'm out of work, I can't afford to spend more money on another cord but need something so that I can get online and look for work.

I can't speak for other makes and models but I would not recommend this product for those with a Dell Inspiron 1545. Why not return it? I can't be without some type of power supply and the last one I tried gave me the same trouble. Not sure what the answer is. But I would look elsewhere if you are considering this one.
on March 23, 2013
It was a great price, but my computer is not recognizing it as being oem and so i've had some trouble with it.
on February 15, 2014
I ordered this cord for an Inspiron 1545. If you're good with details about computers, you'll know that the shape of the charging port is not circular, it's more like a hexagon. The wattage is correct and the cord will work with this model, but you have to be somewhat mindful of the cord length and the shape of the charging mechanism. For a while I was using the charger from my docking station for my Inpsiron Duo, and that cord gave out on me so I ordered this one. I can honestly say that you get your money's worth for this, but it's not the original cord for my particular model. If you're looking for the exact part, you'll need to search elsewhere. I dislike how short the cord is. I tend to use my computer in bed a lot, and I don't have much room for movement with this particular length. As I mentioned before the circular shape of the charging apparatus isn't made to interlock with the hexagonal shape of my port, so sometimes when I set my computer down a bit hard, or move it around too fast, the cord slips out of the port. I'd recommend this for a fast fix if you're in dire need of a charging cord that works and is cheap.
Like my title says, it works so I'm good.