5.0 out of 5 stars a great alternative to a candy bar
I've settled on a few PowerBars that are my favorites. This Nut Naturals is one of them. They are crunchy, even brittle - make no mistake. They are almost like a peanut brittle, just much better for you.

I like them because:
1) I love peanuts. Put peanuts in it and I'm there.
2) They are not at all sweet. The other Nut Naturals: Trail Mix, is a...
Published on November 30, 2007 by T. Ray Humphrey

2.0 out of 5 stars power failure
I ordered 3 types of Power Bar. None of them tastes fresh. The expiration date isn't until September (it's June now) but I think these bars are stale. I won't be reordering.
Published on June 16, 2011 by Vivelevin

4.0 out of 5 stars yummy and low sugar, November 7, 2012
This review is from: Power Bar Nut Naturals Energy Bars, Mixed Nuts, 15 pk (Health and Beauty)
I like these (esp the Mixed Nuts) because they have less sugar than protein. So many bars out there nowadays have double the sugar than the protein in them and it's just not worth it to me.

I originally went on the Belly Fat Cure diet which required you have 5g sugar per meal and no more. Some bars had 0g sugar and worked well but definitely did not taste as good as these. These have 7g sugar so it's a little bit of a compromise but definitely worth it for the taste.

Note that this product contains soy though so take that into consideration. My doctor said soy can mess with the thyroid if ingested in large quantities.

2.0 out of 5 stars power failure, June 16, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Too stale to eat, need to return, April 16, 2010
Mac (Lebanon OH USA) - See all my reviews
I buy these by the box from my local grocer but the last two boxes were stale and too crunchy to chew.
So, I purchased online after the PowerBar people told me this was probably a "storage irregularity on the part of the grocer".
The box bought online was no different.
I contacted the Powerbar Company and they sent a postage paid label to mail back the grocery-purchased box, which I did but am waiting to hear from them. They were courteous, prompt and very helpful.
Upon inspection, I believe the problem is that they are making the bar smaller but the wrapper is the original size, which allows for
an air-space, causing the texture of the bar to become impossible to bite into.
Have used these bars for years, I hope they can get the quality control end of things worked out.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great alternative to a candy bar, November 30, 2007
T. Ray Humphrey (Lumberville, PA USA) - See all my reviews

I like them because:
1) I love peanuts. Put peanuts in it and I'm there.
2) They are not at all sweet. The other Nut Naturals: Trail Mix, is a little sweeter and although a favorite, is not quite as good as this one.

Since you've read this far, my other PowerBar favorites are
1) Triple Threat: Caramel Peanut Fusion (see what I mean about peanuts?).
2) Triple Threat: Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp (peanuts / peanut butter - same difference). These are crispy but not brittle like the Mixed Nuts varieties.

Most Clif Bars are up there too, less crunchy, less chocolate-y, more chewy.

Don't go and buy 'em all so I can't have any!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stale, May 21, 2012
Should buy these at the store instead of online. Expiration date says October, but these taste stale aleady. Other reviewers have indicated that theirs tasted stale, also. Will be sending back.

Power Bar Nut Naturals Energy Bars, Mixed Nuts, 15 pk