Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 19, 2008
I have recently read this book (in ebook form) and I am surprised at the previous review. I don't know if Tony's methods work for everybody. I can say they worked great for me as a philosophy student.

Is the mindmapping method the "End All be All" note taking system? Hardly. But it's great for complex matters and concepts, drafting novels and in general make sense of a boiled head.

However, more than tricks, this book is loaded with motivational stories to make you stop whining and start creating something. For that alone it is a good read.
on March 4, 2009
I am not familiar with this author and his previous work but I am aiming to learn more about creativity and using my mind to accomplish more and learn faster.

This book was a pleasant surprise. Packed with insights on how to start thinking more creatively and stories about famous thinkers of history (Da Vinci, Einstien, Newton) used their minds.

Some of the suggestions discussed: use illustrations in your note taking, generate ideas - your power to generate ideas is infinite, see the relationships between things, improve your vocabulary, brainstorm, slow down, etc.

The key to it all is associations. In physics and nature and other things, there are similar systems and ideas.

Relate to new ideas by forming associations to what you already know.

Listen to different types of music, read a variety of books and read often.

I really liked this book and see it as a start to my journey to understanding creativity.
on April 18, 2005
This book is mostly about saying idea generation is creativity. It is not! The stories given are trite, the puzzled do not work, and the mind mapping idea works no better than any other form of noting or brainstorming. Lots of snakeoil and greasy writing. Tony Buzan is a self acclaimed guru, and has a cult following. Apart from that he is the most successful exagerter on the guru circuit. He manages to make the same claims as others who have been prosecuted through litigation, but he does it in a way to remain unscathed. Pretty sneaky stuff.

Regards

DRally
44 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse