- Have the next big idea for a movie? Submit a 2-15 min. concept video to Amazon Studios for a chance to have your movie made. Learn more.
The Power Filmmaking Kit is a comprehensive, multimedia book and DVD package that empowers you to produce your own Hollywood-quality movie. Emmy-award winning director Jason J. Tomaric produced an independent film using only local resources for under $2,000 that not only got picked up for distribution, but is also used as a case study in top film schools. This book reveals the secrets to Jason's system, regardless of your budget or location. You'll learn how to achieve professional results on a microbudget, using the resources you have at hand.
The book includes:
* Complete coverage of the entire filmmaking process. It's all here, from writing, directing, and cinematography, to acting, editing, and distribution.
* Step-by-step instructions, tips, diagrams, charts, and illustrations for how you can make a Hollywood-caliber movie on a next-to-nothing budget with little upfront money and access only to local resources.
The DVD includes:
* Time and Again, the profitable, award-winning, internationally distributed independent film made for under $2,000
* One hour of video tutorials unveiling how the movie was made...interviews and behind-the-scenes case studies on directing, producing, and editing
* Complete rough footage from a scene from "Time and Again" for editing practice
* Production Forms and legal contracts that you can print out to use on your own film
* Also includes, direct-from-the-set: scripts, storyboards, schedules, call sheets, contracts, letters from the producer, camera logs and press kits from "Time and Again." See how the production was scheduled and organized, read the script, follow the storyboards and watch the production unfold from beginning to end.
Jason J. Tomaric is an Emmy-award winning director with two feature films, dozens of television commercials and several educational DVD series to his credit. He has taught in film schools across the country. Tomaric's directorial work has been honored over 14 times with Emmy, Telly, and the prestigious Golden CINE awards.
An aspiring film maker, this book with CD is a God-send. Comprehensive, transparent, informative, practical resources in book and on cd.Published 3 months ago by Robert Lawson
This book focuses on how to produce a low budget film, that will hopefully get noticed, leading to a slightly hire budget film (which leads to an even more expensive film). Read morePublished 17 months ago by Steve
Very great book for all people interested in film making. It really teaches you the ropes. Don't pass this up.Published 19 months ago by JD Spivey
It covers all the essentials like:
Its logically organized
Explains well detailed all concepts
The vocabullary its easy to learn
Techniques are... Read more
This book has basically everything an aspiring no-budget filmmaker needs to be able to start producing films. Read morePublished on August 22, 2011 by Cameron Chapman
I'm an aspiring filmmaker who never had the opportunity to go to film school. I own a library of books covering every stage of the film making process. Read morePublished on July 21, 2010 by Jacob J. Buterbaugh
To me, the most impressive thing about this book is the fact author Tomaric backs up what he says in the book by including a DVD of a feature length film he made for a mere $2000. Read morePublished on May 31, 2010 by Louis Barbarelli
Another fantastic book from Focal Press. This book by Jason J. Tomaric is a fantastic resource guide, covering all aspects of filmmaking from start to finish. Read morePublished on August 21, 2008 by FilmFantastic2008
Newer thought that I would be considering working on a feature film, but reading and viewing Jason great material just gave me the feeling that I also could do it.Published on June 20, 2008 by A. K. Pedersen