* "Absolutely the most in-depth, informative and entertaining filmmaking book out there. It takes you through everything you need to know, demystifies the process, and shows you exactly how to make a movie, even if you don't have a huge budget." - Kevin Cooper, Executive Producer, "Secondhand Lions"
* "The forms are what will probably get the most use from anyone who buys the Power Filmmaking Kit....the example letters are the treasure trove of the whole kit. Reading through these letters, you can see how Jason Tomaric was able to secure locations and equipment for free." - Making the Movie blog
* "Mr. Tomaric has managed to write an exceptionally lucid and informative filmmaking volume in The Power Filmmaking Kit. As such, I highly recommend this to any microfilmmakers who are just starting out and want a good foundation. For filmmakers with more experience, this is still a very detailed book on the art of filmmaking that would prove helpful on your production bookshelf."-Jeremy Hanke, MicroFilmaker Magazine
"Few beginners' guides are as thorough as Jason J. Tomaric's The Power Filmmaking Kit, a book-and-DVD combo that benefits from the author's experience as an award-winning independent filmmaker. There are no wasted words in Tomaric's 400-page tome, which concisely summarizes each facet of the director's craft while keeping the limitations of a first-time project in mind." -Jim Hemphill, American Cinematographer Magazine
From the Back Cover
The Power Filmmaking Kit is a comprehensive, multimedia book and DVD package that empowers you to produce your own Hollywood-quality movie. Emmy-award winning director Jason J. Tomaric produced an independent film using only local resources for under $2,000 that not only got picked up for distribution, but is also used as a case study in top film schools. This book reveals the secrets to Jason's system, regardless of your budget or location. You'll learn how to achieve professional results on a microbudget, using the resources you have at hand.
The book includes:
* Complete coverage of the entire filmmaking process. It's all here, from writing, directing, and cinematography, to acting, editing, and distribution.
* Step-by-step instructions, tips, diagrams, charts, and illustrations for how you can make a Hollywood-caliber movie on a next-to-nothing budget with little upfront money and access only to local resources.
The DVD includes:
* Time and Again, the profitable, award-winning, internationally distributed independent film made for under $2,000
* One hour of video tutorials unveiling how the movie was made...interviews and behind-the-scenes case studies on directing, producing, and editing
* Complete rough footage from a scene from "Time and Again" for editing practice
* Production Forms and legal contracts that you can print out to use on your own film
* Also includes, direct-from-the-set: scripts, storyboards, schedules, call sheets, contracts, letters from the producer, camera logs and press kits from "Time and Again." See how the production was scheduled and organized, read the script, follow the storyboards and watch the production unfold from beginning to end.
Jason J. Tomaric is an Emmy-award winning director with two feature films, dozens of television commercials and several educational DVD series to his credit. He has taught in film schools across the country. Tomaric's directorial work has been honored over 14 times with Emmy, Telly, and the prestigious Golden CINE awards.