Power On/Off problem with new canon S3 IS - poor quality - poor customer service I bought new canon S3 IS recently from amazon and using NiMH 1.2v x 4 batteries with it.
but having problem since begining. if it turn ON- it cann't be turned-off ... or if it is turned-OFF, it can not be turned ON.

i sent camera back to canon as it is under warrenty <6 months, they repaired it twice, but unfortunately camera still does not work.
can someone guide me, what should i do???
asked by Naresh K. Vijay on February 15, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
It may be obvious... but I had a similar problem until I realized I had not put in a memory card!
CT Krouse answered on July 12, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Did you get this issue resolved?
Birdbrain answered on December 16, 2009

A
yes, finally Canon replaced the camrea with another model. before this i had to sent them the camera thrice and then tried to fix it but it didn;t help.

overall i am satified with the resolution.
Naresh K. Vijay answered on December 17, 2009

A
Research the name of the CEO of Canon and get the phone number for their main office. When you get a real live operator on the phone, ask to speak to the CEO by name.With any luck, you will be connected to his/her office. You probably won't get the CEO on the phone, but you might get a person who fields his calls. Politely explain the problem you are having and how distressing the situation has become. Perhaps you are sometimes using this camera for business, and you cannot use a camera that is not dependable. Explain that you are extremely disappointed with how your problem has been handled by Canon and that you are losing faith in a company that you thought had an excellent reputation. Since the same problem keeps occurring, and the camera is obviously a lemon, ask that they stand by their product and replace your camera. This person might connect you to the person who has the authority to act on your request. It worked for me with Nikon.
McTrev answered on March 25, 2008
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›