Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on May 10, 2006
First of all, in this day and age how can a book be published with this many grammatical errors!!! C'mon Masterson, at least hire a great editor for the second printing, if it makes it that far. As far as the material goes, same ole stuff you read in every other leadership book, just different stories. I'm not mad that I bought this book, just sorta bored with all the same stuff out here. I'm sure without your e-zine this book would never have made it this far, stick to what you know best, marketing.
on January 9, 2006
In the five years I've been following Michael Masterson's advice, my business has gone from an "idea" to an $8 million endeavor with 25,000 customers world-wide . . . 18 loyal, hard-working employees who surpass every challenge I give them . . . and a very healthy bottom line.

I credit this success to the persuasion and leadership skills I've learned from Michael Masterson. I was amazed that he could put all his best strategies and advice in such an easy-to-follow format, but that's exactly what he did in Power & Persuasion.
on January 19, 2006
Michael Masterson is a money-making genius and the ideas he presented in Automatic Wealth have changed my life. As soon as I heard about the release of Power and Persusion I ran out and grabbed a copy... and was not disappointed.

In P&P, Michael reveals the 2 universal rules for power and success that the world's most successful people seem to know and the rest of us missed out on... until now. Concise, easy-to-read, and extremely informative, Michael's P&P action plan will have you headed for success in no time.

I highly recommend this for anyone looking to improve their personal and professional life.
on January 17, 2006
Michael Masterson has had success in many businesses. One of them which I am part of. So I can tell you first hand how his leadership has had a profound impact on my business and personal life. And he has close to 400,000 Early to Rise readers who would probably agree. If your looking for a leadership book written by silver spoon CEO's who have never built a business from the gorund up, don't buy this book. However if you want actionable leadership advice that you can use in your everyday life, Masterson is the one who can teach you.
on January 6, 2006
This may be the most practical and useful self-improvement book I've ever read - and I've read a lot of them.

Power and Persuasion is packed with straightforward advice on how to simply and easily command success in business and your personal life. Once you can do that, you can pretty much write your own ticket.

I'm an avid reader of the author's daily Early To Rise newsletter, and I can tell you, he's one of the most persuasive writers I've ever read. Remember learning this phrase in school? "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." Benjamin Franklin lived by this mantra, and so does Michael Masterson.

Other writers seem to write what you want to hear. But Masterson says he writes based only on what he has actually seen and done himself in his 40 very successful years as a business leader.

Michael sometimes shocks and sometimes surprises you with his candor. But I've learned to trust his judgment. Day after day, his words make sense and move readers to action.

By the end of this book, you'll be able to use Masterson's down-to-earth advice as your own 240-page blueprint for success.

I'm excited about putting his ideas into action!
on April 26, 2006
I did notice two typos, and I'm deducting a star for that, but the book was good -- an energizing, informative series of essays on leadership and communication in business and also in personal matters.

Masterson uses a combination of personal experiences and research to support his arguments and insights. Most of what he said struck me as true.
on January 9, 2006
I thoroughly enjoyed Michael's first book Automatic Wealth. But, I think that Power & Persuasion may be even more practical and powerful...

Michael shares some very specific strategies for climbing the success ladder in unconventional ways, ways that may seem counter intuitive, but that really work. I've been using these techniques and am already seeing real results... I got a big bonus and raise, without even asking for it!

I feel like Michael "tells it like it is" in a way that many self-improvement authors don't. What he shares in P&P came across as entirely fresh and unique. Please be sure and check it out. Also, you may want to sign-up for his email coaching service at earlytorise.com. I think you can get a free trial subscription. Early To Rise is a really great eletter and it will help make sure you apply what you learn in the book.

Sincerely,

Parker Wilson
on February 20, 2006
I expected a well written book from Masterson, and was not disappointed.

Subjects covered from the full spectrum of what it takes to be a great leadser, from manners, to public speaking, to handling a crises or making a decision. While I've read hundreds of books on these subjects, I appreciated the fresh approach, and had several new ideas while reading.

All great advice, more than a sales/persuasion book. a compendeum of leadership advice.
on May 3, 2006
Michael Masterson is one of my favorite writers. His book "Power and Persuasion" hits the nail on the head when he describes the characteristics of successful business leaders (especially in chapter five). He puts into words what I have learned and believed for years. I found his thoughts about establishing communication routines and following up on goals to be on target. Too many leaders try to micromanage their employees and business associates. His comments about true delegation and recognizing different expectations of individuals increase both the leader's power and the power of those they associate. It takes very little time to acknowledge someone's accomplishments while increasing that person's self-worth. The result is a strong business team. Of course a regular routine of firing the weakest performers is best when needed. Pruning your hierarchy usually strenthens your business. And hopefully, those individuals will learn from the experience and succeed in another business. It is impossible to be liked by everyone, but strong leaders are usually respected. "Power and Persuasion" is a must read!!! Buy it now!!! I know several leaders who will receive Michael Masterson's book as gifts. Some who already have these skills and some who should learn and practice these successful business traits.
on June 26, 2006
I read the first 3 chapters in this book and was fairly disappointed. I was expecting fresher ideas and presentation. If I can't get at least one new worthwhile idea in the 1st 3 chapters then I loose interest. I also think the bullet-point format was bland and took up too much page space. I'm going to pick up the book again when I have nothing better to read.