Engineered for Performance, Value and Extreme Reliability
POWER PET electronic pet doors are motor driven and fully-automatic, opening completely under their own power. The motorized translucent door panel is made of super-strength, bulletproof, military-grade resin. It won’t break, crack or discolor, even in extreme heat and cold.
Activated by a tiny waterproof ultrasonic collar (included), the airtight panel quickly and quietly powers upward, disappearing into the stylish housing. This method of automating pet doors is unique in the market, as most electronic doors simply unlock a hinged panel, allowing the pet to push through a flap.
Only POWER PET doors use a patented directional ultrasonic sensing system. This system has great advantages over magnetic or radio transmitter collars. Magnetic collars have a very limited range making it difficult to train the pet to operate the door. Radio systems have good range but open whenever the animal is within that range, even if the pet is sitting, sleeping or just wandering by.
POWER PET’s directional ultrasonic system overcomes these problems. The ultrasonic collar emits a highly directional signal, which is received by the microphone only when your pet is directly facing the door opening. The unit is not likely to trigger if your pet is just wandering by.
Airtight and Secure
Motorizing the panel and causing it to move up and down allows it to be mounted in hermetically sealed grooves for absolutely air-tight closure, resulting in the best insulated pet door made. In fact, POWER PET doors insulate better than the best dual-flap pet doors, protecting against extreme cold and windy conditions. Mounting the rigid panel in grooves also makes it impossible for an intruder to kick it in. There's one, and only one way that the panel can be opened; it must slide upward. An auto-locking steel deadbolt makes that impossible without engaging the motor.
Built for Safety
POWER PET doors are intrinsically safe. They use an electric motor and cable drive to lift the door panel. The panel remains open until the pet collar signal is gone, indicating that your pet is clear of the opening. When the collar signal is gone, power to the motor is turned off and the panel is returned by the force of gravity only. Downward speed is reduced by an electronic brake applied to the reverse motion of the motor. This brake operates with or without electrical power. Because the panel is returned by simple gravity, the maximum force that can be applied by the panel when it is closing is limited to its own weight, about 2 pounds.
As an added safety feature, the door also has a sensing system that automatically raises the panel should it encounter an obstruction on the way down. This feature can be defeated in the unusual case that binding or other restriction slows the door closure to the point that it unnecessarily retracts.
Advanced Electronic Controls
A full set of controls and indicators give you maximum control over the door's operation.
- Buttons control on, off or manual operation.
- Dual range controls allow the setting of independent inside and outside activation distances.
- Individual activation buttons for the inside and outside sensors give you a 4-way access control system. You can allow your pet to come in but not go out, go out but not come in, come in and out or close and lock the door altogether.
AC or Optional Battery Power
POWER PET doors may be operated in three different power modes:
1. 110 volt AC wall outlet: POWER PET doors come standard with a UL approved AC adapter. Plug the adapter into a nearby wall outlet for continuous operation. With dual jacks, the cord can be connected to either the left or right side of the door.
2. AC with battery backup: You may purchase an optional rechargeable battery for use along with your AC adapter. If your household electricity should ever fail, your POWER PET door will automatically switch over to battery operation. When power is restored, the AC adapter will automatically recharge your battery.
3. Full battery operation: You may also operate your POWER PET door with the battery only. This eliminates the need for the AC adapter or any electrical power connection. However, you will need to recharge the battery periodically (recharge interval varies depending upon use). In this case, we recommend that you purchase the optional charger kit with 2 backup batteries. With two batteries, you can use one in your POWER PET door and keep the other in the charger. When your door battery runs low, just swap.
Multiple Sizes and Installation Options
POWER PET doors are available in two sizes: Medium for pets up to 30 pounds (8-1/4"W x 10"H opening), and Large for pets up to 100 pounds (12-1/4"W x 16"H opening).
Standard Doors for Wall or Door Installation
POWER PET doors mount flush to any door or wall. The most challenging part of installing the POWER PET door is cutting the hole.
If the unit is to be mounted in a door up to 1-3/4 inches thick, there is no framing necessary. The included outer frame provides a finished look to the opening.
If you are installing your POWER PET door in a wall, it is advisable to build a frame around the opening or order the optional wall adapter tunnel.
Sliding Glass Patio Door Inserts
Pre-assembled sliding glass patio door inserts are made of high quality aluminum and tempered glass and coated with an industrial quality powder coat finish. They fit easily into a sliding glass patio door track, featuring a special spring loaded top section for quick, perfect installation.
The patio door slides shut against the insert and may be locked with the security locking bolt. Weatherstripping is included. Three height ranges are available: Regular, Extra Tall, and Shorty. Each has a 2-1/2 inch adjustment range to allow for a perfect fit with most sliding glass patio doors. The entire installation process typically takes less than an hour. The only tools required are a drill with a 1/8" and a 1/4" bit, and a Philips screwdriver.
What's in the Box
- Pre-Fabricated Outside Frame
- Aluminum and Tempered Glass Frame (sliding patio door models)