5.0 out of 5 stars The Power of a Praying Parent
In The Power of a praying Parent, Stormie Omartian writes, "I don't know how to be the perfect parent for my children," I said to God in desperation one day. "I need You to help me raise them."
"God responded by impressing on my heart the following words: 'If you are not covering your children in prayer every day, you are leaving their lives to chance.'"...
Published on December 12, 2008 by Mom B

2.0 out of 5 stars The Quick prayer not the devotional guide
Published on December 2, 2011 by J. Adomako

5.0 out of 5 stars The Power of a Praying Parent, December 12, 2008
This review is from: The Power of a Praying Parent Book of Prayers (Power of a Praying Book of Prayers) (Paperback)
"What a frightening thought!"
"Then teach me how to pray for my children the way You would have me to, Lord."
"I learned I didn't have to be a perfect parent; I just had to be a praying parent. That was something I COULD do."
In her book, Mrs. Omartian, shares specific prayers that God taught her to pray for every area of her childrens' lives. By doing so, she encourages other parents to do what they CAN do for their children--PRAY! A Bible verse and space for prayer notes are included with each prayer so that the reader can include specific prayers for their children. I found this helpful not only for me to pray for my adult children but for my grandchildren as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless, January 4, 2007
The book has prayers for your teens and opposite each prayer you have a place to write your prayer or a journal entry. I can see a priceless opportunity for this book. In later years your grown up teen can read your prayer or comment and possibly use it for their teen as well as the books prayers. The prayers are well written and connects real world issues to spiritual warfare.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Quick prayer not the devotional guide, December 2, 2011
I had the original book some years ago but recently gave it to my sister. When I ordered what I thought was my 'replacement' copy what I got was this small pocket book that doesn't quite do it. This is NOT the Full devotional book with scriptural guidance introductions to each prayer topic. It really IS merely a small, pocket book with the prayers--useful for the parent who wants a quick prayer, but not useful for the one who wants a deeper dive into the God-thinking that can build those prayers. The cover looks the same but the one I bought years ago even has introductory statements from her children which are so edifying. And the introductory few pages to each prayer were filled with scripture and personal anecdotes I found so useful. It also had a contents page with the areas of prayer arranged in useful themes. I really wish I could have that version again but can't seem to find it.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, July 31, 2011
I ordered this book (2 copies) as baby shower gifts for friends. It's VERY small. I have the full-sized version of this book and it's awesome. I thought I was ordering the paperback version of the one I have. Not so. It's condensed and fits in the palm of your hand. I suppose it's good for having at your bedside or putting in your purse to have with you at all times. But next time, guess I should read the description better to check the dimensions before I buy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure!!!!, September 17, 2011
I brought this book but I did'nt realize it would be a compact book that's the only thing that did'nt interest me about this book and when I purchased it the seller did'nt explained that at all if I would haved known i would'nt have brought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars surprise, July 29, 2011
be it good or bad I often do not read the descriptions well of auction items. Well in this case I did not notice these were mini sized books: The Power of a praying parent/father.
As it would turn out this small sized made my gift EVEN better then just the books. Since these are for a deploying soldier, the smaller size it great. It would be great for a purse too! Arrived fast and well packaged. I would do business with this seller again. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Favor and Blessing of the Lord, July 22, 2011
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book. I've prayed these series of prayers over my son his whole life, he's 9 now, and I've seen God pour extraordinary favor out on him time and time again. This is a child who rarely gets sick, he's kind, intelligent - almost always straight A's since Kinder, he's respectful, he doesn't get in trouble at school ... and I could just go on and on. I've told him repeatedly I'm blessed to know him because he's so wonderful. I pray for wisdom, and God gives it to him. If you want your children to be blessed and walk with God, start with prayer and use Stormie's book as a guidepost.

4.0 out of 5 stars The power of a praying parent, September 19, 2007
K. McDill (asheville, nc) - See all my reviews
Good resource for prayers. I thought I was ordering the book not a prayer supplement but was pleasantly surprised at the prayers. They are very appropriate for raising children. There is space after each themed prayer for you to enter your prayers for your children.

5.0 out of 5 stars mothers must have this book, August 6, 2010
I read a different prayer out of this book everyday. I love it. When I buy a baby shower gift, I put this book with their gift. Prayer is one of the greatest gifts we can give our children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Praying Parent, August 6, 2010
Every parent should own this book. It is small but powerful. It is a reminder to keep your children under God's care.

Used & New from: $1.71