Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

Format: HardcoverChange

on August 18, 2012
John Hagee may be one of the most interesting preachers in the world today. He is the founder and senior pastor of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, a non-denominational charismatic megachurch with more than 19,000 active members, according to John Hagee Ministries.

Hagee believes in traditional Pentecostal practices, the absolute authority of the scripture, baptism by immersion, and evangelism. However, his relationship with Israel, his social and political activities, and many of his books are considered controversial to many people, yet one can trace his every statement to something inside the Holy Bible. Herein lies what sets his detractors on edge: if God is with Hagee, then who can be against him?

Hagee's newest book is The Power of the Prophetic Blessing: An Astonishing Revelation for a New Generation, and the book has been released in 2012 during one of the worst global economies to ever plague the world, a time when prosperity sermons are a favorite among preachers of many denominations and demanded by many congregations. If you pick up this book looking for a magic genie to delivery your every wish, you'll be disappointed. The cornerstone of Hagee's new book is that true peace and wealth come not from Donald Trump or the lottery, but from God, and God can bless man, as well as man can bless God. "When God blesses man, it is to bestow good health, abundant success, and prosperity, both materially and spiritually. When man blesses God, it is presented in the forms of thanksgiving, reverence, obedience, praise, and worship. When a man blesses his fellow believer, he recites the Priestly Blessing of Numbers 6:22-27 and then proclaims the Holy Spirit-inspired Prophetic Blessing."

As you read The Power of the Prophetic Blessing: An Astonishing Revelation for a New Generation, you will discover how this divine proclamation, guided by the Holy Spirit, will supernaturally reform your life and the lives of those you love. The book is richly researched, proven by an eight-page Notes section in the back. The book is beautifully composed with his theme divided into three sections and eleven chapters. Each chapter is tellingly dotted with signposts called "THINK on THIS," short but memorable points that capture the gist of the text you are reading. The book is structured so you can easily pick it up and put it down, but you may want to first read the book from cover to cover to absorb the full effect.

Overall, the book's layout may seem like an extended exposition of well-known Bible stories explained by Hagee and amplified through the wealth of knowledge he has gained through his many decades of research. Every chapter focuses on something related to how you can bring God's prophetic blessing into your own life and work. Hagee's interpretations are solidly based on traditional Biblical values, and he never strays too far from God's word. You'll find the book also personalized by some appropriate anecdotes from his life.

The book builds to the final pages, where everything described in the hundreds of Bible stories dovetails to eight Proclamations, where the power and majesty of the Prophetic Blessings of God to His people are unveiled, and these are the most powerful messages you may ever invoke:

* Proclamation over Your Children and Grandchildren
* Proclamation over Your Wife
* Proclamation over Your Business
* Proclamation for Health and Healing
* Proclamation in a Time of Testing and Trial
* Proclamation for Emotional Stability
* Proclamation for the Favor of God
* Proclamation for Divine Prosperity

Hagee declares, "When God Almighty, King of the universe, places His blessing upon you, no person on Earth can take it from you, and no power in the universe can eliminate it from your life!"

You, and probably everyone you know, may feel as if the paths of your lives have come to a crossroads. One of the signposts looming ahead is The Power of the Prophetic Blessing: An Astonishing Revelation for a New Generation. I recommend using this book as a gift that can impact your family, your career, and every other aspect of your life--producing supernatural results beyond your dreams.
0Comment53 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2012
The Power of the Prophetic Blessing was written in three parts: the history (from the Old Testament), Jesus' blessing (from the New Testament), and how to minister and receive the blessing.

Reading the first section of the book was very enlightening to me. I love history and like to learn about other cultures and traditions of past generations, and this book explored the past of the Jewish people and nation. John Hagee went into detail about each blessing Jacob ministered to his children (and to Joseph's two sons). This was interesting to me because each tribe of Israel is a descendant of Jacob and it was fascinating to read about the history of each tribe as described in the Bible and to see where each tribe ended up.

In the next section, Hagee went over the blessing that Jesus spoke in Matthew chapter five. He took each blessing and elaborated on it, giving the reader insight in how to obtain that blessing. This section was more like a sermon, but I liked reading about them. John Hagee mixed this part with a lot of stories and I think that was one of the reasons I enjoyed reading this section.

In the final section of the book, the reader learns how to release and receive the blessing. Reading this section made me think about my own habits and how I pray. Sometimes praying can be just a bunch of words to express the thoughts of the person praying - but do you really believe in what you are praying about? Although some areas in this section are up for debate, my take away was the self-examination of my own spiritual walk - when I pray, am I really believing or are my words just empty proclamations?

Overall I was pleased with John Hagee's book, The Power of the Prophetic Blessing. Hagee is passionate about sharing this concept with the reader and his enthusiasm is apparent when reading the book; his passion leaps from the pages!

I would recommend this book to the reader who wants to learn more about the history of Israel, or who would like to go more in depth about the twelve tribes of Israel. Depending on your religious views, I think those who believe in the power of speech and prayer will also enjoy reading this book. Critics of John Hagee will probably find flaws, and those who don't believe in God will not delight in the concepts shared in this book. Of course my recommendation is to take this teaching and compare it with the Word of God - if it lines up then accept it, and if it doesn't then disregard it. :0)

---------------------------------

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher Worthy Publishing Group. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
on August 28, 2012
John Hagee presents a quite frustrating but fascinating read with this book. I have always admired John Hagee's preaching - he speaks with great conviction and power. I have also learned so much from his writings about the nation of Israel. (His book "Jerusalem Countdown" is a great example).

Let me begin with the positive aspects of the book. I really enjoyed his discussion of the nature of the blessings of the Old Testament - particularly, of Jacob blessing the sons who would become the fathers of the 12 tribes of Israel. There is also the great section talking about the power of affirmation through touch in a child's life and development. Those two sections alone are worth the price of the book, in my opinion. Then, Hagee forcefully reminds fathers (and mothers, but fathers especially) about their role as spiritual authority in the home - and of the overwhelming need to pray over our wives and children. This is a much needed message for the church today.

The negative aspect of the book is one that I had feared from the start. Hagee goes beyond the bounds of God's intention when he claims that we can speak our own prosperity into existence. With all the strong words Jesus had to say against materialism and with all the warnings God gives against money and the love of worldly things, I am quite sure that the blessings God has for his children are not primarily of a materialistic nature. It is not wrong to think that unexpected material blessing comes from God, but it is wrong to imagine that there is no way God can bless you other than to give you prosperity, promotion, wealth, riches, and even health and right relationships - all of which Hagee points out repeatedly in his book. I would imagine God's greatest blessing to man would be a more accurate understanding of God Himself - which he gave to Job, but only after Job had LOST all material blessings, wealth, health, and even relationships.

I would say that, to the wise reader who can avoid the pitfall of the prosperity teachings, this book can be an informative tool. My wife and I have already talked about some of the things I learned in it, and we are going to try to follow God's Word more accurately when it comes to praying for each other.

My fear is that weak or easily misled believers will get one thing only out of this book: if I believe hard enough, God will give me a new car and heal my cancer. There is nothing wrong with praying for either one of these things, but what will become of the man to whom God refuses to bless in this way? Will he become angry at God? Will he cease to pray, assuming that it is of no value because his prayers weren't answered?

I still give it a 3 out of 5 stars for all its positive points - but read with discernment.

I received this book free from Handlebar Marketing in exchange for my honest review.
2424 comments37 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2012
I am not a fan of formulaic prayers. I AM, however, a fan of praying Scripture.

I enjoyed reading the book and thought Hagee did a great job of outlining the importance of praying God's Word over your life and over your loved ones. I would recommend The Power of the Prophetic Blessing, as it does have great insight into the history behind the prophetic blessing and into God's Word. I would, however, remind the reader that God is not an ATM, nor should we treat Him like one.

***I received a copy of the book to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.***
on August 14, 2012
Can you have it? What is it? Can it be passed from generation to generation? Is it only for the Jews and Israel? If you can have the prophetic blessing then how do you get it? John Hagee answers these questions and many more in his book The Power of the Prophetic Blessing, An Astonishing revelation For A New Generation.

The Power of the Prophetic Blessing starts with the first blessing given to humanity recorded in the Bible. It then proceeds to the blessing given by God to Abram. Then comes the blessing given by Isaac to Jacob. The book then leads us to the command of God to Moses concerning the priestly blessing, "This is the way you shall bless the children of Israel." It winds its way to the blessings spoken by Christ in the Beatitudes.

This is my first time to read and review a John Hagee book. I am thrilled at the opportunity to do so and I was not disappointed. This book is an excellent read. John Hagee writes with a fluid style, each concept flowing clearly and cleanly into the next making The Power of the Prophetic Blessing easy to read.

The author goes into great detail presenting the prophetic blessings of Jesus given in the sermon on the mount. We know them as the beatitudes. John Hagee titles these eight prophetic blessings of Jesus as The Secrets of the Good Life. The case in made soundly for the scriptural basis for the prophetic blessing and the command we have to pass it on.

I must say this book has touched my life and it will touch the lives of my children and my grandchildren. It is one thing to be a hearer of the Word, and another to do the Word. The Power of the Prophetic Blessing is biblically based and in order for the blessing to transform our lives, we must believe it, receive it, and do it.

The Power of the Prophetic Blessing is real. John Hagee does an excellent job explaining it and detailing the need of humanity to receive it and pass it to the next generation. I highly recommend The Power of the Prophetic Blessing to anyone desiring to know more about it and how to apply it to life.

I received this book from Handlebar Marketing. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
on August 14, 2012
Each of us wishes for a day when we feel as if we are prospering to the best of our abilities. We forget that true prosperity only comes from God. Service to Him and faithfulness to Him gains you true prosperity.

I had the privilege of reading "The Power of the Prophetic Blessing"by Pastor John Hagee. Pastor Hagee's writing was insightful and well thought out. I would highly recommend this book to any Christian and non-Christian for that matter. Its guidance could help us each live up to the life that God has planned for us.

Pastor Hagee gives us a deeper insight into blessing those around us. Parents today and for many years have failed to bless their children. We may pray over them, but we never lay it before God what we would like to see for their futures. If we pray for His guidance and will for our children, we will know what God's plan is for our children and the proper way to bless them. The same can be said over the lives of our loved ones and those that are close to us. Prayer is so powerful and faith can move mountains. We just have to give our lives to God and He will lead our every step!

I highly recommend that everyone to take the time to read this book and apply its truths to your life. You may be shocked at the blessings that fall upon you!
on August 15, 2012
John Hagee is well-known for his support for Israel and the Jewish people. As founder and chairman of Christians United for Israel (CUFI), he is educating thousands about the importance of supporting and praying for the nation of Israel.

In "The Power of the Prophetic Blessing," Hagee shows through Scripture how we can show our support for Israel and the benefits and rewards we reap for doing so. He also shows the repercussions for failing to be a blessing to His people.

Looking at Israel through the eyes of Scripture opens our eyes to the importance God placed upon their role in His kingdom. Even though Christians are grafted on to the vine through Christ's sacrifice, God did not forget about the Jewish people. They are still the people of the promise and favor is shown to those who show favor to them.

We have often heard that we are to bless Israel. Hagee tells us, using Scripture and straightforward talk, why. From the blessings of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to the blessings of Jesus in the Beatitudes, we find remarkable reasons to be the blessings God intends us to be. Hagee's passion for Israel and love of Scripture are beacons of light to a world becoming less sensitized to the people of Israel.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Handlebar Marketing, as part of their Book Review Blogger Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
on September 1, 2012
The book, The Power of the Prophetic Blessing by John Hagee, was interesting and disconcerting at the same time. Hagee presents to the reader a way to guarantee blessings from God on yourself and your loved ones by pronouncements of blessing like those of the Old Testament prophets. I am intrigued by the thought that a father's spoken blessing could make a difference in the life of a child, and agree that our words can make a difference - for the good or the bad. But to grab ahold of a Jewish tradition and hold it up as some sort of magical guarantee of a better life seems a bit out of kilter to me. Can we manipulate God's hand by our words as if we are calling out a self-willed blessing on those we love? Does God work like that? Do we have that type of power? I think not. Blessings come from God and it is He who will determine where, when and to whom they fall.

I do not believe in the Prosperity Gospel, nor do I assume my life or those of my children can have a guarantee of wealth, health or happiness if we simply obey God and ask for His blessing. This is what Hagee seems to preach as his theology. Yet I do believe, because God's Word tell me so, that if I follow Him by walking in the Spirit on a daily basis, obey His Word and have a sincere desire to serve Him, I will indeed receive blessings by His hand and live a joyful and full life. I also believe in the power of prayer and that God desires his children to go to Him about every area of our lives. But this does not guarantee a life without pain and suffering, sadness or times of unhappiness. The rain does indeed fall on the just and the unjust.

Like all books, when you read them, glean what you think is good and right, change or implement what you feel God is speaking to you about, and leave the rest to stay on the pages they were written on. This is a book that needs to be gone through with a fine tooth comb to compare his claims with Scripture. Read with caution and a Bible at your side.

This book was given to me by Handlebar Marketing in exchange for an honest review.
on August 28, 2012
The Jewish people make up .0021 percent of the worlds total population, however, out of this miniscule number 18 of the worlds top 25 real estate developers are Jewish, one quarter of the world's Nobel Prize recipients have been Jewish, Israel's cows produce the most milk in the world, despite being the size of Rhode Island and 50% desert Israel produces its own grains, fruits, and vegetables providing for 95% of its countries food needs. All this, and much more, can be directly traced back to God's blessing on his people.

In, The Power of the Prophetic Blessing, by John Hagee, he outlines these blessings and shows how the blessed life can be ours. He thoroughly outlines the Biblical blessings (the Genesis blessing, and the Abrahamic blessing) and provides Biblical and historical evidence of the fulfillment of these blessings.

Numbers 6:24-26 pronounces this blessing:

The Lord bless you and protect you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord look with favor on you and give you peace.

Hagee artfully disects this passage and reveals how this very blessing can be applied to our lives, and the lives of our children and families. Hagee lays out the Biblical foundation of the father as spiritual head of the house hold, and his responsibility to prounounce this blessing over his children and children's children.

The Power of the Prophetic Blessing, describes the eight blessings and rewards from Jesus onto our lives as listed in Matthew 5:3-12.

Blessed are the poor in spirit - shall inherit the kingdom of heaven
Blessed are those who mourn - they will be comforted
Blessed are the gentle - the will inherit the earth
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness - they will be filled
Blessed are the merciful - they will be shown mercy
Blessed are the pure in heart - they will see God
Blessed are the peacemakers - they will be called sons of God
Blessed are the persecuted - the kingdom of heaven is theirs
John Hagee then moves the direction of the book to practical application. He outlines how to release these blessing to others and how to receive these blessings from those in spiritual authority.

Personally, I enjoy in-depth study of the Old Testament and this book provides it. This book is eye opening concerning the history of the Jewish people and the nation of Israel. Hagee provides clearly documented information regarding the blessings of the Jewish people (and those who bless Israel), and the fulfillment and rewards of those blessings from Biblical times to today.
on August 28, 2012
John Hagee's new book came to me in order to read and review. I must confess that i ordinarily wouldn't pick up one of his books to read. However, I endeavoured to put aside any previous judgments as I read this book.

In reading the first section I found his treatment of the biblical text to be forced when he claims that the number eight in the Bible represents new beginnings. If that's the case, why don't we make our weeks into eight days and thus have a "new beginning" each week?

While Hagee makes extensive use of the Scriptures in his writing, I find that his interpretation is forced in order to suit his own viewpoint. Small things in Scripture are blown up to make them of more significance than was necessarily intended.

We definitely are to experience God's blessings in our lives as Christians, but neither are we to discount the challenges and persecutions. Jesus Himself told His disciples that we would experience persecution and trouble. The Power of the Prophetic Blessing claims that we can in a sense twist God's arm and make sure we and our families are blessed. He writes that the blessings must be spoken in order for the power to be released. This reduces them to little more than a magic formula muttered by a pagan priest to curry favour with the deity.

This book will not remain on my shelves, nor will I recommend it to others. I am uncomfortable with any claims of a formula for us to follow. I think I'll stick with following Christ.

Note: I received a complimentary copy of this book for review purposes. However, I am free to express my opinion and am not required to submit a positive review.
0Comment8 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse