Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on August 15, 2013
Like other buyers, I bought this Samurai Gigazord thinking it was the DELUXE MEGAZORD as the title says. When I got it I realized it was just a smaller, cheaper version, with non-transforming, static accessory zords. It's not that this is a bad toy or anything, it's that I bought it under the assumption that it was something else. If you want the fully transforming REAL Deluxe version Gigazord, first you need to buy the Samurai MEGAZORD, which costs almost twice as much. It's quite a bit bigger (about 2") even without any attachments. It doesn't come with any accessory zords at all...to make the Deluxe Samurai Gigazord you will also need to separately buy the beetle, tiger, swordfish, crab AND octopus! Considering the Deluxe MZ is about $40, and those small zords are $15-20 each, you can see why Bandai is offering this slightly smaller version. It's so kids can have the Samurai Gigazord with all its attachments but not the cost. I know, confusing, right?

All that would be FINE if people knew that ahead of time. Not only was I not aware that there were 2 Samurai Gigazord versions to begin with, but this one is titled wrong. Nowhere on the box does it say "Deluxe."

That misleading stuff aside, this is not a bad toy for $20. It appears to have parts from all the smaller sets I mentioned above (and there are even more than that, like the origami dragon, lantern & scorpion). However, you can't remove them & transform them into the separate little zords. They are for the looks only. You CAN transform the whole thing from upright Gigazord to ship-mode, so it rolls along (it has wheels), and the ports for the arms & legs are compatible with the other "Zord-Builder" sets. The instructions even indicate you can take the arms off this Samurai Gigazord & put them on the Deluxe Samurai Megazord, as well as the bull zord. And unlike the Deluxe version, this one's main body structure does not break down into the animal zords that make up the basic torso, head, arms & legs.

This is all very confusing until you sort it out, & I can't imagine how many parents have bought this thinking it was the Deluxe version, only to have their kid be sad to find out it's not. Even if the title wasn't mislabeled, it is still rather dubious. You open the box only to find the accessory sets that appear to be included with it are just non-transforming mimics of the real thing. The robot transforms, but in a limited way. The parts are swappable & interchangeable with the other zords in the series, but that's not much of a consolation if you were looking forward to making the full-blown Samurai Gigazord with the Megazord decked out in all its clustered glory, but fortunately if you only paid around $20 for this version, it is price-accurate & you got what you paid for.

Bandai has always had mini (usually 6"-8"), non-transforming or limitedly-transforming versions of the Megazords in the past, and I have several of them next to their DX versions. They are all about 50% smaller, and there was no confusion about them at all. That's why I'm surprised this Gigazord version is only slightly smaller than the DX Megazord. They say "buyer beware," but in this case I did as much research as I could before purchase & I still got duped by a misleading title. Technically, the Gigazord mode is a deluxe version of the Megazord, but that is not how the boxes are labeled. So if you want the large DX sized Megazord to make the Gigazord that fully transforms, be prepared to shell out at LEAST $100 ($40 Megazord + $15 x 5 small zords). If you want the scorpion, lantern, & octozord there's another $50 at least. NOW you can probably understand why this mini Gigazord exists in the first place!
on January 5, 2013
I actually thought this left a little something to be desired. My son has the other Power Ranger Megasords and loves playing with them. This one has fewer details and is harder to put together. The pieces do not snap together as easily.
This toy is nice for the person who wants to give the appearance of the Gigazord without having to spend a small fortune on all of the separate parts. I just think it lacks playability for children because of the difficulty snapping the pieces.
on December 10, 2012
i bought this thinking it was a good deal turns out its not a megazord its a cheap version of one all it does is turn into a stupid ship do not buy this
on May 11, 2016
There is nothing wrong with the product itself per say. Just make sure that your child is willing to play with it for more than one day especially for the price. I think for us we wish it did more than what it actually does to keep him engaged.
on July 12, 2013
My kids are not into these toys, but I knew a boy whose birthday party we were invited to, was. So, I ordered it. He almost leapt out of his skin; upon opening it. It was a real treat to see him in a state of happiness. He held it up and said "I've wanted this my WHOLE life!" (He was 9, so it got a chuckle from all the adults in the room!)
on May 10, 2013
Once again a birthday present and my 8 year old loves this.
When he saw it he got the biggest smile and is still playing with it
now...A little expensive in my opinion but looking everywhere
the cost runs about the same...
The toy was a hit....
on September 7, 2013
My son was so happy when I gave him this toy and it was so much cheaper than buying all the zords that make him up. each piece makes a toy in and of its self. Great quality, fast shipping and a happy child!! SUCCESS!!
on January 31, 2013
Super Power Ranger Gigazoid. At first sight our 4 year old grandson had no idea what this was since they did not have any in the local toy stores but once he figured out how the parts snapped together he hasn't put it down. Not a flimsy toy!
on March 7, 2013
My son found this toy and the many others it can join with. These are really creative toys for my son to build and imagine with. I'm very satisfied with this line of Power Ranger "Zord" line of toys.
on December 22, 2012
oh i cant wait till christmas so I can play with this! :) bought it for my 6 year old son bc he loves power rangers, my order went out the same day i placed it, and the box came in perfect condition! two thumbs up!