Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on December 3, 2004
Achim Nowak truly grasps what a Public Speaker looks for in a book of this subject. Instead of revisiting and/or paraphrasing what too many other authors have done before, Nowak invests his readers time effectively by having him/her work with those internal "issues" that are key in the process of becoming a better public speaker.

Each chapter challenges the speaker to engage in activities that often have a theatrical twist to them - which is one of the elements that allows a speaker to be, not only informative, but entertaining and fun to listen to. He focuses on activities that seriously helped me polish my technique. I made it a point to apply 3 of the techniques shared by Nowak - within a week of having finished the book - at a very important Keynote engagement. The results were simply spectacular for my audience, and I walked away with a stronger sense of security about why I do this for a living.

This book is A MUST for anyone who, for any given reason, has to stand in front of any group, for any length of time and communicate an important message. Managers, sales staff, trainers, speakers, CEOs should all read this book.
on July 3, 2005
These excellent business guides are quite specific but general-interest collections will also find them very useful. Achim Nowak's Power Speaking: The Art of the Exceptional Public Speaker doesn't just cover public speaking; it focuses on the best speaking techniques which embody person presence and the finer skills of the presentation. Chapters follow a step-by-step set of rules, from using voice and body movement to personal energy, stories, and developing a compelling topic.
on January 7, 2005
As a trained public speaker, I have read many books on speaking, but this book is having me re-think how I want to present myself in the future. I think I'm a really good speaker so to find new fresh insight in how to be even better is thrilling.
on September 13, 2009
This book provides a well-written text and clear, easily followed exercises which clarify the component parts of effective speech: tone, speed, emphasis, etc. Helpful for identifying the speech habits which can block delivery of a message.
on December 31, 2004
I highly recommend "Power Speaking: The Art of the Exceptional Public Speaker" to anyone who aspires to be authentically present in any situation, especially infront of an audience.

Nowak has written a thoughtfully organized, clear and helpful book. The many examples given from Nowak's own experiences have made this a concrete and personal book. These characteristics are what have made it so useful, readable and valuable to me.