5.0 out of 5 stars Cable for old Xbox360 with used Kinect
Published on September 6, 2011 by ReLaible

1.0 out of 5 stars BROKE MY KINECT!!!
THIS DEVICE BROKE MY KINECT!!! I plugged in this power adapter and attached the Kinect. It immediately got very hot and now my Kinect will not work with any power supply. It then crumbled as I tried to pull it out of the socket. Now I'm looking at an electrocution or fire hazard. This $5 adapter will now cost me $150 to buy a new device. If I could sue for this I would.
Published on September 9, 2012 by Mark K

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable for old Xbox360 with used Kinect, September 6, 2011
ReLaible (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HDE Power Supply Cable for Kinect (Accessory)
I recently purchased a used Kinect bar to use with my old (white) Xbox 360. Unfortunately, I did not realize that the accessory does not work without an additional power cord/USB plug. As I said, I bought the Kinect used, and the seller originally had it as part of the Xbox 360 Kinect bundle - which does not include the power cord. (The stand-alone Kinect has it, the bundle package doesn't)
Quick fix to the problem: Purchase this cable through Amazon (+free Prime shipping).

As you can see in the picture, the power cable splits into a female plug (for the Kinect cord) and a USB end (to plug into the Xbox).
Everything runs great and does exactly what it is supposed to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For PC Motion Capture, August 22, 2011
This review is from: HDE Power Supply Cable for Kinect (Accessory)
Product arrived quickly due to Amazon Prime and came in a labeled plastic bag as packaging.

It works perfectly for my purpose of 3D motion capture on the PC after I got my drivers working properly.

In order for the Kinnect to work on the PC it require additional power that adapters like this provide. Cable was much longer than expected but that suited my needs fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent... Works with laptop, December 4, 2011
This review is from: HDE Power Supply Cable for Kinect (Accessory)
I bought it to connect my Kinect to laptop. Got it in 5 days. Works as described. Cable is pretty long. Much cheaper than one sold by XBox store. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems with my launch era Xbox 360, September 29, 2011
This review is from: HDE Power Supply Cable for Kinect (Accessory)
I'm surprised by the previous review stating that it failed to work with his older 360. My 360 is from launch day and is somehow still running but I had a power surge that apparently damaged the Kinect power supply as it would no longer boot up (orange light and error message stating not enough power). I replaced the original cable with this one and everything is back up and running. No complaints

1.0 out of 5 stars BROKE MY KINECT!!!, September 9, 2012
Mark K (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HDE Power Supply Cable for Kinect (Accessory)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cable does not work for my Falcon HDMI Xbox 360., July 9, 2011
Jon B. (San Diego, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HDE Power Supply Cable for Kinect (Accessory)
We have three 360's in the house, two of the new Slim/Black Kinect bundles and an older Falcon HDMI (White) 360. I bought this cable so that we can use the 2nd Kinect in the room where the older 360 is being played. Unfortunately even with the wall wart plugged directly into an outlet and the USB plugged into the back of my 360, I still am getting a "Not enough power" message.

I tried this cable with both of our Kinect sensors, one with the twin USB block and the other model that just has a flat jack, neither of them worked with my older 360. Both of them worked on either new Slim 360.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart after first use, January 3, 2013
This review is from: HDE Power Supply Cable for Kinect (Accessory)
On the plus side, I plugged it in and connected my Kinect to my PC, and everything worked. But as soon as I tried to unplug the adapter from the wall power outlet, the adapter literally fell apart, with the wall plug piece snapping off and one of the internal wires becoming disconnected. I've bought chinese-made crap plenty of times in the past and I've never had something fall to pieces so easily. Stay away.

5.0 out of 5 stars What all kinects should have, March 26, 2012
This review is from: HDE Power Supply Cable for Kinect (Accessory)
When I got my kinect I could not hook it up to my Xbox elite. It took me a good 2 days to figure out I needed this supply cable. I love how it is cheap and it even adds an extra foot or so. I say it is a must have for all kinect users. Even if your kinect works fine now, it might not fit into a different type of Xbox and it never hurts to use it as an extension cord. just make sure its for the right country. theres a U.S, U.k and Eu type.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, February 1, 2012
This review is from: HDE Power Supply Cable for Kinect (Accessory)
I recently purchased a 360 with the Kinect bundled with it. My intention was to use the Kinect on my old white Xbox 360. Unfortunately, the bundled Kinect does not come with the necessary cable to hook it up to an old white Xbox 360. I went to a local shop to purchase the cable and it was $30. I found this product and it works perfectly. I highly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Chinese Junk, February 5, 2012
This review is from: HDE Power Supply Cable for Kinect (Accessory)
As other reviewers have described, this cheap adapter is a bad Chinese knock-off. The packaging contained several misspelled words. Also, as others have mentioned, when plugged up, the adapter SPARKS and emits a high pitched whine/hum noise. Mine was completely defective. When plugged up to my Kinect, the XBOX could "see" it, but never could start. It just keep saying "starting up." It would try a couple times, then just stop altogether. I returned mine and ended up buying/trading my Kinect for one with a factory adapter. I haven't had any problems out of my factory adapter.

It's too bad this didn't work as described. There's definitely a need and a market for this item.

HDE Power Supply Cable for Kinect