Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Power Through Prayer Paperback – July 6, 2012
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Back Cover
For many Christians, prayer is nothing special, just something we're supposed to do––go to church, tithe, read the Bible, pray. But prayer should be so much more than an item on our "to do" lists.
With this time–tested manual for powerful prayer by author E. M. Bounds, you will...
* discover how effective prayers can transform you into a dynamic Christian
* gain a deeper understanding of God's Word
* experience personal and direct communication with God like never before
* know the fullness of divine power
If you're ready to unleash more power in your life, join E. M. Bounds on this prayer adventure. There is Power through Prayer––you must only claim it for your life.
--This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, read author blogs, and more.
Top Customer Reviews
Among the important points covered include:
1. God is looking for better men and prayer is the preacher's most powerful weapon.
2. Powerful prayer and powerful preaching are inseparably linked.
3. For great preachers, God is the center of their attention and prayer is the road to God.
4. Keep God first in your morning thoughts.
5. Holy character is formed by real and powerful praying.
6. He who has prayed well also studies well.
7. God can work wonders when He can find suitable people.
Read and enjoy this classic and be encouraged to be a more powerful person of prayer!
If this book doesn't drop you to your knees, nothing will. I've read a few books on prayer by such titans as Watchman Nee and Andrew Murray, but this book is certainly THE ultimate. Bounds was a Civil War chaplain and a Methodist preacher back in the 1800's -- the "old school days" when holiness was the standard and the Glory of the Lord filled the meetings. This, simply, is a book on prayer by a praying man who spent a lifetime on his knees before the Lord.
Bounds had a great way of laying tremendous spiritual truths into short, third grade level sentences. Quick reading (only 120 pages), but you'll want to read it over and over again to soak up all the glorious treasures. You'll spend a lifetime musing over them, incorporating the truths into your time spent alone with God. Bounds doesn't teach you how to pray, but the book's guaranteed to get you on your knees where Jesus will.
This has got to be the all-time classic on prayer, period. I can't imagine a more powerful, concise, or influential treatise on the subject. It's the best there is. Every line is inspired, not one sentence is wasted or superfluous. The book is worth over ten thousand dollars, but most Christian book stores have it in their bargain bin for under five bucks. God is so awesome!
Take advantage of this blessing and get the book! Your prayer life will be changed forever as you get closer and closer to Jesus.
I can not say I agree with everything Bounds said, but I can not help but be stricken with so many strong statements he made or quoted from the giants of Christianity in the past, among which are as follows (I have to restrain myself from revealing too much of the book):
- Preaching which kills is prayerless preaching. Without prayer the preacher creates death, and not life. The preacher who is feeble in prayer is feeble in life-giving forces. Professional praying there is and will be, but professional praying helps the preaching to its deadly work. Professional praying chills and kills both preaching and praying. Much of the lax devotion and lazy, irreverent attitudes in congregational praying are attributable to professional praying in the pulpit.(Ch.3)
- Prayer--secret fervent believing prayer--lies at the root of all personal godliness. A competent knowledge of the language where a missionary lives, a mild and winning temper, a heart given up to God in closet religion--these, these are the attainments which, more than all knowledge, or all other gifts, will fit us to become the instruments of God in the great work of human redemption. (Ch.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A powerful message that speaks to the great need of the church today for preachers and leaders who are committed to prayer. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Suzanne
just the thing for when in spiritual battle and the lost of a sibling makes God seem as if holding me in palm of His hands thank you so much 1938cpsPublished 11 days ago by 1938cps
This is just one of those classic books EVERY CHRISTIAN SHOULD READ: pastors & ministry leaders especially! The principles E. M. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Rodger C. Niemeier
AWESOME book on prayer, one of the BEST books on prayer I have read. If you haven't read this book I encourage you to read along with your bible ,especially if your in leadership.Published 6 months ago by Lonnie Jones