5.0 out of 5 stars Power To The People: The Hits
I have always been a big John Lennon fan. I ordered this CD mainly for two songs. There are quite a few songs on here that surprisingly I do not like.
Published 27 days ago by Jennifer Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars I Agree
Published on November 14, 2010 by PAC MAN

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars I Agree, November 14, 2010
This review is from: Power To The People: The Hits (Audio CD)
It pains me to give a John Lennon release a 1 star rating, but this whole re-issue program is a waste of money and a step in the wrong direction. The remastering is average at best. I compared some of the tracks to the original cd's from the 1980's and there is barely a difference. I also think the re-mixes from the 2000's are far superior. I'm not sure why she didn't just release stripped only. This really was a cash grab. I find it hard to believe. Skip this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Remastered Rip Off, October 10, 2010
This review is from: Power To The People: The Hits (Audio CD)
Prior to it's release, Power To The People was declared to be a great improvement in sound. I have a hard time agreeing with that opinion. Like the sonically enhanced Beatles collection last year, there is really no reason to upgrade discs you may already own. The EMI engineers did a very good job the first time around.

I don't think there is anyway to clean up the oversaturated messes of songs like Power to the People, Cold Turkey, and Instant Karma...but that was part of their charm to begin with.

The biggest problem with this album is its song selection. Nothing from John Lennon Plastic Ono Band or Live Peace. Couldn't they have included more songs. The whole disc clocks in at under an hour.

I do think the cover photo to be quite nice. But, I hate these cardboard covers that force you to touch the disc each time you play it.

3.0 out of 5 stars About the cover, people..., December 8, 2012
This review is from: Power To The People: The Hits (Audio CD)
Yes it's all very lovely, John Lennon remastered and all that. What really peeves me is the "political Correctness" that has pervaded our society. They have photoshopped the cigarette out of his hand!!! Good grief. What a sad world it has become.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power To The People: The Hits, March 19, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars The Master John Lennon, March 17, 2014
Nice to see a greatest hits for John Lennon. I'm still on a quest to have all his solo albums. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars john Lennon a Man a head of his Time., January 19, 2014
JP (Chesterfield, Michigan,USA) - See all my reviews
John Lennon is my favorite Beatle but I love them all he was the most incredible songwriter
and I still can not believe he is gone. This is a great compilation of his music.

3.0 out of 5 stars No clue why I bought this, December 2, 2013
This review is from: Power To The People: The Hits (Audio CD)
I have to be honest, I have no clue why I bought this, everything worth having on this disk, has been issued on the John Lennon Collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Lennon's Solo Career Hits...(need I say more?), October 1, 2013
This review is from: Power To The People: The Hits (Audio CD)
I bought this cd to include "Happy Xmas (War Is Over) into my collection. I grew up with The Beatles and followed John's solo career up until his untimely death...(I was watching Monday Night Football in a CT bar called Cafe 66 when we heard the news of his death...the bar crowd fell silent...we were stunned...). The remix of all these songs are very good and you won't be disappointed with this cd...the remix of the "Imagine" cd is also 5 stars...both of these are well worth your listening time as well as your hard earned $$$$$...

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best period., July 9, 2013
Lennon had a masterful talent for writing lyrics that described a generation. My generation is missing out on true artists work because "music" is so digitized and perfect that it resembles a computer more than a human.

5.0 out of 5 stars What is there to say ............., June 7, 2013
This review is from: Power To The People: The Hits (Audio CD)
Another great collection of one of music's giants who left us far too early.Someone who is a true master of melody he is up there with Puccini,Bellini,Rossini as one of the all time masters of writting melodies you can't forget nor do you wish to.Buy this and enjoy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x9979c39c)

Power To The People: The Hits
Power To The People: The Hits by John Lennon (Audio CD - 2010)