Power Words: Igniting Your Life with Lightning Force
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$12.71 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on December 14, 2013
Format: Kindle Edition
I received Sharon Anne Klingler's latest book, Power Words: Igniting Your Life with Lightning Force free from Hay House Publishing for review. And to be honest, I assumed that this would be another one of those "how-to" affirmation books filled with rehashed and recycled information. But after scanning the Table of Contents, I was eager to jump right in and start trying out some of the exercises created by the author.

Power Words: Igniting Your Life with Lightning Force contains so many creative and original ideas that one may need to get a separate notebook in order to keep a log all of the practices and suggestions, along with the accompanying results. I found that this was a good way for me to discover which "trigger words" (a term coined by the author) worked best with my energy.

One of the most powerful exercises in the book involved taking a few commonly used words in our language and then breathing them in to get a feel for their different energies. The chapter titled, "Planning for Success? Make Your Life a Verb," offered up some fantastic ways in which words can be used to keep the practitioner in the present as well as in action. The first section of the appendix in the back of the book provides the reader with a short list of what the author defines as "lifting words," which is pretty self-explanatory. Appendix 2 has information about colors and their word associations. And finally the third appendix lists a handful of alternatives to the affirmation, "Bless you."

Power Words: Igniting Your Life with Lightning Force is a fun and delightful book that does double-duty as an energy booster. I'm so glad I dropped my assumptions and gave it a chance.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 26, 2013
Format: Kindle Edition
I don't have much experience with how words can impact your life other than the few daily affirmations I have. This book is written in a very straightforward way and easy to understand, but I had a very hard time staying interested. It contains a lot of good information - but in my opinion, it's not very reader engaging.

I stuck with it though, and finished the book. There were a few practices that I will try out, but in all I didn't really come out with much more than I had going into it. Basically it says that using positive words will attract positive into your life, and so the like with negative words. It gives different suggestions on how people can incorporate positive "power" words into their daily activities and how to eliminate negative words with a positive replacement.

It was a good book, it just felt to me a very long and tedious read. I had to force myself to stay focused, I wish the author had been more engaging in the examples to draw the reader in more.

FTC Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received this book for free from Hay House Publishing for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 5, 2014
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
This book is so much better than the typical 'positive thinking' books out there. "Power Words" teaches you how to feel word energy and how to truly use words as tools -- not just for communication, but to create new insights, new actions, and new results. I've found that power words can help in so many different kinds of situations. I've used power words to get back on top of old projects, help with stubborn people, make decisions when I'm confused, refocus when I'm distracted, and in so many other ways. The opportunities to use them are unlimited.
I've given this book to a number of my friends, and every one of them has become so excited about the impact that using power words has had -- for running, for tennis, for meditating, and definitely for feeling great even when energy's low. I've started to discover some new power words for myself, too. My friends and I agree that power words are like some kind of new wonder drug that makes you feel fantastic. They're free, and they're always available. (Actually, power words may be more like having a treadmill or home gym. After all, you do have to remember to use them to get their benefits!)
I couldn't recommend this book more. It's unique. And more than that, it's life-altering. I'm resolved to bring power words into my daily life. With them I'm sure my daily life will become an extraordinary life!
on January 3, 2014
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
Breaks down words and how they affect us and our thoughts. Everything is a vibration and so are our words. Read it slowly and apply it to your life.
on December 18, 2013
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
Remember the old adage, "Sticks and stone may break my bones, but names will never hurt me?" Power Words does away with that adage because words are so very important especially since everyting we say is really a prayer even though we may not realize it or been taught this. Therefore every word we use is important. What Ms Klingler teaches us is that even a wood such as "need" is a negative since it connotes want, which means we are not creating what we do want correctly. Even my vocabulary is changing microsecond by microsecond no matter how I feel or what is happening in my life. This is a Bible for The New Golden/ Aquarian Age.
on December 29, 2013
Format: Kindle Edition
This is the most comprehensive book I have ever read about how the power of the words affect what we think and say. Klinger talks about the nature of words, deeper meanings and deeper powers, discovering the energy of words, taking action with words, and the recipe to trigger power in the first section. She goes on to include tips for using powerful words at work, home, and play; commands and declarations; making decisions; and words and actions. She also includes information about the power of prayer, limiting language, and lifting words for a life of bliss.

I liked the techniques she recommended for statements and affirmations to make upon awakening to create a powerful, positive day. Klinger lists words that have the potential to empower which she calls "lifting words." She also connects the world of power words to taste and color for those who experience the world from a different sensory perspective.

I have used affirmations for many years and so I feel I am well-versed in the importance of the words that I think and say. Still, I significantly expanded my knowledge of language and its' importance in creating the future.

I recommend this book to anyone who is new to understanding the power of the words they use as well as those who have been using affirmations and words to change the direction of their lives.
on January 14, 2014
Format: Paperback
Sharon Anne Klingler is the author of this book and it is my first exposure to her writing. Sharon is also the author of Intuition & Beyond, and, co-author of Secrets of Success with Sandra Anne Taylor.

Sharon introduces us to the power and force within our words and language. In her own words: “this book is about using the energy of precise words to lift your own energy and to stimulate immediate mental, emotional, and physical responses.”

I enjoyed reading this book and found that the premise of power and energy behind the words of our language tracks right along with the principles Dr. Wayne Dyer set forth in his book, The Power of Intention, by Hay House Publishing, 2004. As a blogger/writer I also found an attraction to Sharon’s book for how I might improve my word craft in what I present and write about.

Words carry the power to positively elevate, expand, empower and energize either individuals or an audience. On the dark side, they also have the power to disenfranchise, spread fear and hate or marginalize individuals or groups of people.

Happily, Sharon's book is about finding the appropriate positive words and phrases that we can use on a daily basis to improve our behaviors, divest ourselves of limiting beliefs and habits and inspire us to take action towards goals and achievements that will bring out the best in us.

Sharon writes, “for those who seek change, their everyday language must resonate with a new purpose --not just at special times of affirmations, but all the time.” I interpreted this to mean that our everyday language must come into alignment and mirror what we wish to evolve into for the better.

I loved her statement, “Your language is the electrical current that moves through your life.”
Thus it would follow, in my opinion, that one should endeavor to choose positive,high voltage words to identify ourselves and our everyday actions with. Words that reinforce “walking our talk.”

The author writes about two kinds of words, They are Trigger Words and Lifting Words.

Trigger Words are those that compel or ignite and action. Lifting Words are those that elevate one’s energy and creativity.

There are six elements of word energy. They are meaning, imaging, emotion, vibration, color and shape.

Sharon also writes about Power Words, Prayers and Invocations.

Invocations are words or phrases that mean to call or call upon.
Prayers are meant to capture the attention of our God, a saint or spiritual force, often in time of great need or urgency.

Turning words into a power tool involve six components. They are belief, emotional engagement, novelty and interest, focus and meaning, frequency and repetition, and, a call to action -- possessing the will and the intention.

In the process of changing your circumstance by improving your vocabulary with empowering, meaningful language, phrases and new words, Sharon offers these tips:

Make your first word your best word: the first word in a sentence can act like the locomotive at the start of a train. The right word offers pulling power.

Write a new language with words of power. Stop employing the dull edged knife of everyday meaningless, overused words. Such words weaken you and lessen the energy around them.

Become a word warrior. Look for the deeper meaning of each word along with a positive emotional punch behind each.

Test your words and their energy.

Take action with the words that you have chosen that lift.

A quote from Sharon Klingler at the end of chapter eighteen distills down what her Power Words book is about: “Live your life like you mean it. Your destiny is in your hands --- and in your words.”

I loved reading this book because I possess a fascination for language and how I might use it to elevate my own word usage and to better communicate and inspire my own readers. If you are the person who is looking for that transformational edge in how you negotiate your personal life safari, grab a copy of Power Words and get busy.

A web site link to this author is [...]

Jeff Dodson
January 14th 2014

FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from Hay House Publishing for this review. The opinions expressed in this review are unbiased and reflect my honest judgment of the product.
on December 21, 2013
Format: Paperback
As someone fascinated by the subject of etymology and the field of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programing)this book was a no-brainer. This book also fits nicely with the works of Louise Hay and Esther and Jerry Hick's teachings of Abraham. Author Sharon Anne Klinger does a great job of expressing the raw power that our words can have on our subconscious, and the almost magical effect the energy of our spoken and unspoken words have on our lives. This is a self help book, that is going to give you tools you can use immediately. Before finishing this book, you'll find yourself empowered with techniques that will change your world. The subject of "trigger words" alone make Power Words: Igniting Your Life with Lightning Force worth reading. Another invaluable tactic Sharon Anne Klinger teaches, is how to use the energy of words in making decisions. She walks you through several different ways to do this. Overall this really is a fantastic book. I'm grateful to the publisher for providing me with a review copy. I was not financially compensated for this post. I received the book from Hay House for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
Format: Paperback
This is a great book that really gets into the subject of the power that our words have in terms of creating the events and circumstances of our lives. I had to learn about the creative power of words the hard way, but I am glad there are books like this which educate and enlighten readers. I especially loved the section on words at work, home and play. It's a great read.
on January 5, 2014
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
This is a great book to get your thoughts and talk on track. It shows you an easy way to turn negative thoughts around.
Read it.