4.0 out of 5 stars Great Taste But Beware Flaking Chocolate Coating
I really like the taste of the Pria 110 Plus Bar Chocolate Peanut Crunch 15 bars, and they provide many nutrients for only 110 calories.

Published on August 4, 2010 by S. D. Fischer

2.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate flavor is better
Published on January 15, 2010 by C. Wright

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Taste But Beware Flaking Chocolate Coating, August 4, 2010
S. D. Fischer (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: PowerBar Pria Nutritional Bar, 110 Calories, Chocolate Peanut Crunch, .98-Ounce Bars (Pack of 30) (Health and Beauty)

My only complaint is that the chocolate coating flakes off in many little pieces. I've gotten it all over my desk and my pants (until I learned to eat a bar over a paper towel or plate). Since the advantage of these bars is that they can be eaten on the go, the flaking is a major inconvenience. I have tried refrigerating the bars, but that makes them too hard to eat without raising concerns about chipping a tooth.

Here is the nutrition info (from the label of an individual 28g bar which is one serving) in case it is of interest:
110 calories (30 of which are from fat)
3.5g fat (2 of which are saturated fat)
85 mg sodium
5g protein
16g carbohydrates (including 1g dietary fiber)

15% of recommended daily allowance of Vitamin A
15% of recommended daily allowance of Selenium
15% of recommended daily allowance of Copper
15% of recommended daily allowance of Manganese
15% of recommended daily allowance of Chromium
15% of recommended daily allowance of Molybdenum (I don't know what that is but I did check the spelling!)
Not a significant source of cholesterol.

I am going to try the PowerBar Pria Nutritional Bar - Mint Chocolate Cookie - Box of 15 next in the hopes that it is not as messy to eat as the Pria 110 Plus Bar Chocolate Peanut Crunch 15 bars.

UPDATE: The coating of the Mint Chocolate Cookie Pria bars does not flake so I find them much less messy to eat at my desk and on the go. And they taste great,too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for suppressing appetite, December 15, 2008
I enjoy these bars as a snack when I can't grab a bite to eat right away. These bars work in suppressing your appetite. What I like most is that one bar is only 110 calories. The chocolate and peanut crunch has the perfect taste. After eating a bar I don't feel like I just ate a sugar-loaded candy bar like some nutritional bars have a tendency to do. My husband even prefers these bars instead of other nutritional bars. We prefer this particular flavor of Pria with Kashi Go Lean Crunchy! Chocolate Peanut at a very close second.

2.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate flavor is better, January 15, 2010
The chocolate flavor of this bar is better, but I liked it so much I kept eating them! So I started ordering the chocolate peanut butter instead to curb my craving! I love that these bars are only 110 calories!. However, I am disappointed that Pria makes them with so much sugar. They spike my blood sugar, and I am craving something else pretty soon afterward. If your looking for a decent protein bar that won't spike your blood sugar and is still low in calories, check out the Extend Bar. Only 150 calories a bar and sugar free!

2 stars, the chocolate flavor is better, and they have too much sugar.

5.0 out of 5 stars chocoate peanut crunch Pria bars, December 3, 2013
They have been my life line for a quick pick me up. I have hypoglycemia and I use to carry them around with me all the time but now I can't find them anywhere. I only like the chocolate peanut butter ones because they weren't too sweet for me. They have just the right amount of protein to get me through a sugar low. I hear that they stopped making them. I don't know why????

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD, January 22, 2013
I love this stuff. So glad its online since I was having trouble finding them in bulk at stores in my area. Very yummy and only 110 calories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty yummy for a power bar, January 18, 2013
I like these because they are yummy, and are nutritious at the same time, plus only 110 calories. They aren't the most filling, but they do help to take the pang away. A good afternoon snack, and better for you than a candy bar, or some other such thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars money well spent, June 20, 2012
I love pria bars. They taste awesome. Healthy and more energizing than caffeine. I don't see them in the stores here anymore. Bad for business, as I would always purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, May 25, 2012
I was looking for a bar that not only had vitamins and was low calorie, but also tasted great. I found it! These bars are amazing. I can not wait to try the other flavors!

5.0 out of 5 stars HEALTHY SNACK, December 29, 2011
Not only are Pria Bars tasty but they contain loads of vitamins.

A great snack and wonderful "pick me up" anytime during the day.PowerBar Pria, Choc Peanut Crunch, 0.98-Ounce (Pack of 15)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the bars., December 20, 2011
They taste delicious, and are good for snacking. I thought I was getting a good deal on amazon, but... as I shopped around I found them cheaper. I was disappointed. The product itself though, is awesome.