5.0 out of 5 stars Super Helpful
This is great find! I use my cell phone to navigate trails when hiking. Having the ability to recharge is important with day hikes. This little guy does the trick. It doubles as a flashlight.
Published 14 months ago by David Eck

3.0 out of 5 stars Failed to deliver the rated power of '5V 0.8A'
Mechanically, this product (KickBot PB2610 2600mAh Universal Power Bank w/ Built-In LED HD FlashLight) looks very nice. The aluminum body is well-polished and feels sturdy in my hand. Unfortunately, it failed to deliver the advertised output power of '5 Volt at 0.8 Ampere'

Published 14 months ago by NLee the Engineer

3.0 out of 5 stars Failed to deliver the rated power of '5V 0.8A', November 3, 2013
This review is from: PowerBot® TNT PB2610 2600mAh Universal Power Bank External Back Up Battery Charger w/ Built-In LED HD FlashLight + USB Output (MicroUSB cable included) + Aluminum Finish + Battery Level Indicator for Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 SIII S2 SIV I9300 I9100 Galaxy, Galaxy Note / iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS, iPod / HTC: One Series, Sensation G14, EVO 3D, EVO 4G, Inspire 4G, Vivid 4G, Incredible 2 Rezound Thunderbolt / Motorola Droid Razor / LG Optimus Nexus / Nokia N9 Lumia / Sony Xperia / Blackberry Z10 by EyeCandis (Wireless Phone Accessory)

I tested the output of this KickBot unit, by connecting a 6.3-ohm power resistor to its USB output port. This should generate a load current of 0.8A at 5V. Instead, its output voltage dropped to 4.7V and the current is only 0.75A. Worse yet, the output voltage (hence current) continued to drop with time. In just 2 minutes it dropped below 4.5V, which is the lower limit of USB port voltage (5V +/-10%). Over the next 90 minutes, the voltage continued to fall linearly down to 4.0V

Next, I repeated the test with a 10-ohm resistor as load. This time, the output was regulated at 5V 0.48A for 199 minutes. Based on my energy calculation, the internal battery should have a capacity of 2600mAh. So at least the capacity rating is honest.

I suspect the input/output current ratings of this unit are swapped in its product description. Based on my test, the correct spec should be:
- Input: 5V 800mA
- Output: 5V 500mA

The LED flashlight works quite well. Its beam is defused and good for short-distance illumination. Based on its relative brightness, I estimate the LED's power consumption to be around 0.5W. That implies a runtime of nearly 20 hours.

The USB charger still works as long as your load current does not exceed 0.5A. But here are several things I don't like about the design:
- There is no on/off switch for the USB power. That means it is constantly consuming a standby current.
- The battery status light only turns on when the unit is being charged (Red= charging, Green= done). It does not light up when you use this battery pack to recharge your cell phone. So you cannot check the charging progress unless you monitor it through your cell phone.

Previously I have tested two other power bank units with similar capacity ratings and in the same price range. Both of them were able to deliver 5V 1A during my test. Therefore I recommend either one over this KickBot unit:
- PowerAdd 2600mAh Power Bank,
- Swift Gear Mini 2600mah External Battery Pack.
See my reviews on those units for details.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Helpful, November 26, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, December 13, 2013
Spent hours trying to decide on which device to get and decided on PowerBot 5600, because of size, price and capacity. Figured that the rated mAh would likely be higher than actual output, so I looked at this, in hopes of getting 2 charges out of it for our Galaxy 3s. Considered higher capacity models, but figured it wasn't necessary for our use and would likely be happier with smaller, lighter unit, that we'd be more likely to carry around.
Including the short wire (with different attachments) the unit weighs only 5 oz. It's small enough for a pocket (3 3/4" x 1 3/4" x 7/8") but I suspect it will find a much more comfortable home in the wife's purse.
It came mostly charged but I plugged it in for several hours to see about getting it to full charge. I'm not sure I ever did. The brief instructions say the light blinks for the level achieved (4 lights). After a few hours it was still blinking 4 lights. I guess I assumed it would stop flashing when complete, but I don't know if it does. I plugged it in to my Galaxy 3 (2100 mAh) that was at 17% charge. I let it charge nearly undisturbed. At 30 minutes, it was at 41%. At 1 hour 15 minutes it was at 80%, and fully charged at 2 hours. The 3rd light is still illuminated, meaning there should be more than enough juice left to complete a second charge. As people who tend to be around wall outlet or car charger most of the time, this is perfect as it will give us each a charge with a little left over, and it very portable.

5.0 out of 5 stars convenient and helpful, January 1, 2014
Very sleek and well designed. I love the flashlight on this. it is very bright. took about an hour to charge my phone from the device. Didn't get hot. would buy another one

5.0 out of 5 stars Best battery charger i ever bought.., January 2, 2014
Best battery charger i ever bought..Not only it charge your phone, it also has a very bright led flashlight. I recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome design!, January 4, 2014
The design of this product is awesome. I love that it is small and easy to take along. The battery is definitely an added bonus. I took this snowboarding and was able to listen to music all day without having to go to the truck to recharge my phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for an additional backup battery, October 5, 2013
This external battery backup charger is perfect to keep your I Phone charged up when you are on the go. The flashlight feature is awesome...one of the brightest flashlights I have ever seen! I would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars So handy!, July 22, 2014
Love this! Much cheaper than others that are in the 6,000 range. I can easily get 2 full charges for my iPhone 5 with this.

Worth noting, it does NOT come with a cord to fit iPhone 5. Not an issue for me, picked up an expensive cord from TJ Maxx. I keep this with me at all times!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for having a reserve power source backup ANYWHERE, July 17, 2014
Great product for having a reserve power source backup ANYWHERE. Amazing number of "ends" to go with all your devices. Fully charges a dead phone in couple of hours while you continue your hike, etc. I bought three for our family and they are a hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely love my PowerBot, July 30, 2014
I absolutely love my PowerBot! It works great! I have no issues and charges quickly. It even charged my boyfriend‘s phone. His phone went from 12% to 53% in a half hour. Even he was amazed. I will be purchasing another one just for him. Great product!