5.0 out of 5 stars 4 years and still going strong!!! Amazing
All these bad reviews would make it seem like this product is horrible. I am writing to say I have had this power inverter for 4+ years and it is still going strong.

I had it hooked up to my truck using very thick power cable , I believe 2 gauge, that cost an extra $50 which is recommended for the amount of power surging through this thing.

Come on...
Published 15 months ago by Jesse San Nicolas™

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy
Published on November 12, 2010 by Mr. Robert E. Baugher

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 years and still going strong!!! Amazing, June 4, 2013
This review is from: PowerDrive RPPD2000 2000-Watt DC to AC Power Inverter with USB Port and 3 AC Outlet (Automotive)

Come on people this is a 2000 watts continuous/4000 watts max power inverter. I bet these bad reviews probable hooked it up using 12 gauge or thinner power cables, or only hooked up one set of power connectors (there are two +/- each) and then wonder why is not performing as expected.

All I can say is if you can get this for cheaper than amazon sells it then go for it. Make sure to get the correct power cables which are at least 2 gauge.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy, November 12, 2010
Mr. Robert E. Baugher (rogersville, al United States) - See all my reviews
i too bought this inverter and the fan also started making noise. it now is in the dumpster. in less than a year, it cut off after only a few minutes of operation. it also had signs of overheating on the inside. i only bought it to make coffee. i dug out my cobra 500 watt ( 5 years old ) and it still works. no coffee but everything else works fine with it. i am now looking for a cobra 2000 watt, if they make one. i may just skip the coffee and use the one i already have. sorry i couldnt be technical with nuts and bolts info, but to me its either a good product or it isnt and in my experience with the one i had, i wouldnt buy another one.

2.0 out of 5 stars RPPD2000 2000-Watt inverter comment, October 31, 2010
I had this inverter for nearly a year...I think this product comes from China like so many of the others do, but shortly after usage, the main fan motor started making horrible sounds. Then, without warning the unit burned up its power regulator components when I started the big rig's motor after a ground wire had broken loose from the starter. The truck uses 4 batteries as most of them do and they are wired together parallel in two sets. Since instructions are not specific on where to attach the battery cables, I had one set powering once side, and the other set powering the other side of the inverter. But engaging the starter motor without the one set being grounded caused the load to pass through the power regulator transistors, frying them to a crisp. This was an unforeseeable event by the designer of the circuitry, as only the positive side is fused, and not the negative side. Do not make the mistake of wiring any inverter to two different sets of batteries, as if one cable disconnects, the load will pass through the inverter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Powerdrive 2000 JUNK, August 31, 2011
Picked one up a year ago, finally using it hard during Hurricane Irene. Hooked up in the garage to three car batteries so when I shut the generator down for the night I run the freezer and refrig off the inverter to keep things frosty. In the morning I swap back to generator and charge the batteries back up. It almost makes it through the night before powering down due to low batteries. Flawless operation so far! Paid too much at a truck stop for the unit, Amazon was $75 cheaper but on the other hand glad I have it now ;-)

Can't say its the best unit, hence 4 stars but hasn't done me wrong yet either. Would be nice if the company sold a remote. Documentaion is vauge as to the wiring pin out.

UPDATE- Unit died after a few hours use, I would avoid purchasing this unit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unacceptable - Noisy fan that runs all the time - Returned for refund, May 6, 2012
Erik (East Tennessee) - See all my reviews
Title says it all.

Noisy cooling fans (three of them) run with even the smallest load (13 watts).

Surge of mini frig starting knocks the inverter into low battery turn off mode with batteries still having 11.9 volts.

2.0 out of 5 stars fan problems, November 20, 2011
Owned this less than one year the fan ran all the time will anything was plugged into it. Now the fan makes noise and runs all the time even if nothing is plugged into it. Hard on the truck batteries. It will let you know when it runs the battery down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another "Don't Buy" Review, January 4, 2013
I have (had) this inverter as a backup to my Tundra HD 2500 - the truck has a TriPac system and I opted for the 4 big bad boy batteries. Power distribution to this inverter and the tundra is 3+ 3- 00 low oxygen power cables (used in car stereo stuff, rated at 600 amps per lead). You don't want to loose power if your trapped up on I-80.

In any case the Tundra ran all my big stuff and this was only turned on to charge my phone, headset and batteries (battery charger for my flashlight). A cooling fan went out on my Tundra so I had to start (trying) to use this for my TV Microwave and Computer; at first it would run any one of them, but not all - so no problem, one thing at a time - then it stopped running my microwave, then it wouldn't keep my computer and TV (projector) running, then it fell below 275 watts and wouldn't run my computer. (I was stuck on I-80 for 4 days) Thankfully my Kindle had a couple of books I hadn't read.

SO -- I sent this in to them to fix, it was under warranty; and that was a nightmare plus the shipping costs. They send it back to my house, I show up two weeks later to pick it up and there is a note inside: No problems found unit returned to customer - There was even a snotty note about how I needed to make SURE and connect ALL power leads not just two. At this point I'm steamed and call them, offer to show pics of it wired correctly and not working (video), and the most I got out of them was rude replies and an eventual "send it back in and we will look at it." - IE: spend another 35.00 in shipping (Translated: Spend 1/2 what it would cost to just buy another one to fix this one)...

There is simply NOT enough bad things I could say about this product - Buy a brick and beat yourself in some sensitive area for a couple of hours a day and you will be better off than if you had bought this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding job!, March 29, 2014
Very competitive and works excellent. So far, I haven't had any problem with it.The price was great, the delivery time that I got it was great,everything is working just fine!

4.0 out of 5 stars Item needs O guage wire., January 16, 2014
The one thing that I don't like is that I have to spend another $100.00 to get larger cables in order to use the inverter. I wanted to place the inverter in the back of my PT so I could use it for a portable heater. Now I'm not sure what to do .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 28, 2013
Had to buy larger cables for this unit, but so far works good, it also came sooner then expected, thanks

Rate and Discover Movies