5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great So Far
Published on September 14, 2011 by Gregory R. Hill

Okay, here are the basics:

Nickel metal hydride 9 V rechargeable batteries are heavy. If your device uses more than two of these batteries you might want to consider other options. These batteries are also full-sized, that means that there are 100 percent the maximum size of the specification for the 9 V battery.

They typically last about 25% less...
Published 14 months ago by Gary

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great So Far, September 14, 2011
This review is from: TWO Pack Maha PowerEx MHR9VI IMEDION "Ready When You Are" 9 Volt Size Low-Self-Discharge NimH Rechargeable Battery [9.6 Volts, 230 mAh] (Electronics)
I recently purchased several different Hybrid NiMh batteries and performed simple current and voltage tests. Nothing as elaborate as some of the testing I have seen reported on-line by other reviewers, but enough for me to get a sense of the performance of different brands. Of the three or four different brands I have looked at, these Maha batteries are absolutely the best. The manufacturer claims they are rechargeable up to 1000 times which is at least twice as much as the other brands I have seen. Haven't had mine long enough to know if this is true, but based on their superior performance so far I tend to believe the claim.

This battery is available in both 9.6 volt and 8.4 volt versions. I first purchased the 9.6 volt battery thinking that this would work better in my electrical meters because it would maintain closer to the approximately 9.5 volts that a new alkaline battery for which the meters were designed would put out. However, it turns out that when fully charged, the 9.6 volt Imedion puts out 10 to 11 volts under light load. This probably makes it a great choice for devices that draw a lot of current. I decided to try the 8.4 volt Imedion in my meters which have typically low current draws, and, indeed, they maintain their voltage in the 9.0 to 9.75 volt range when freshly charged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Power, December 4, 2011
I purchased two of these 9 volt batteries and the maha charger. They work great. Battery capacity for power is excellent. I have purchased regular alkaline 9V batteries for our carbon monoxide detector. The battery gauge always shows a less than full charge when inserting brand new batteries. Not the case with these rechargeable batteries. The gauge is maxed and has been maxed for a couple of months. I also use this battery in my guitars to run the internal preamp. Simply outstanding!

5.0 out of 5 stars PowerEx 9 Volt low discharge NimH battery, May 14, 2011
This is a true 9 volt (9.6 volt) battery. Some other types only charge up to 8.4 volts. Most devices that use 9 volt size will not operate at the lower voltages. This is a great replacement 9 volt battery for any high drain electronic device.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, but not really a perfect replacement for an alkaline battery., June 14, 2013
Okay, here are the basics:

They typically last about 25% less time than an alkaline battery.

The best 9 V battery you can possibly get is the energizer lithium ion disposable battery. Given the price, I would only recommend this battery for critical usage. Critical usage for me would mean something like a smoke detector, or a device that is remote and hard to get to. The other thing about the li-ion stuff is that they are all basically temperature insensitive. They run e same in extreme cold and hot, which NiMH do not!

I will say that the Imedion battery is absolutely a quality product.

However, if you have a high current 9 volt device you really need to consider a lithium ion rechargeable battery in order to get the performance you need out of your 9 volts.

If you do use a rechargeable lithium ion battery, you will absolutely see better performance than either a nickel metal hydride battery or an alkaline battery.

I have had both of the Imedion "9 volt" batteries, and the 8.4 and 9.6 versions do not have extended runtime compared to each other. They, oddly, last exactly the same time in any sort of high current drain scenario.

The iPowerUS and MaximalPower rechargeables (li-ion) are great... And you're not throwing tons of alkaline batteries in a landfill or (hopefully) recycling them.

The Imedion are decent, but not a perfect replacement for normal 9v batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars 8.4V vs. 9.6V ... This battery works great for me., May 14, 2012
ETD (Southern California) - See all my reviews
Remember, as you stack NiMh cells on top of each other, you end up with a voltage that's an exact multiple of 1.2V. So for a "9V" battery, you have to settle for either 8.4V (1.2 x 7 cells) or 9.6V (1.2 x 8 cells). At 8.4V many devices will think that the battery is already dead fresh from the charger. "IF" your device can tolerate a higher voltage, 9.6V, these batteries work great. Long shelf life, long performance life, quick charge time ... Oh, that's another thing, your charger has to support 9.6V as well, some of the older ones don't.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!, September 6, 2012
Bought these for use in a Sunday church service for all of our instruments and body packs. Unfortunately, they all...ALL of them leaked and went bad within 1 month of purchase. Thats about 4-6 times being used. REALLY disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars I completed my set, July 1, 2013
Maha is all I use for my photography and these complete my set. I'm using them for my Rode mics so I'm relaxed now that I have the batteries and charger

5.0 out of 5 stars IMEDION BATTERIES, March 11, 2013
the batteries were charged for use when received and operations went smoothly all night. very happy with my purchase and will recommend them to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars 9.6v battery, May 13, 2013
works great out of pack, even in stuff some 9v re charge does not work well in,will buy again ,ok

1.0 out of 5 stars Only worked 3 times..., November 10, 2012
I carefully researched 9V NiMH batteries and thought Imedion 9.6V would be the ideal battery for the wireless microphone I use weekly to teach aerobics. I am so disappointed in this product. I purchased it new in the manufacturer's package for $13. I used it to teach my class, then put in my charger and when I tried to take it off the charger the top came off the battery, showing the insides. I pressed it back together and had to do this each time I put it on the charger. I used it in a wireless microphone for 3 one-hour classes and it no longer works or registers on my charger. I want to warn people to stay away from this battery because it was a waste of money. I use Eneloop AA and AAA in my personal electronics and think they are EXCELLENT! I just wish Eneloop made a 9V for that wireless microphone.

Rate and Discover Movies