Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PowerFilm R-28 28W Rollable Solar Panel Charger
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

87%
13%

on March 29, 2011
This unique, light-weight, easy to store charger is used to charge our computers, cell phones, ipods, etc., that can be plugged in the to solar panel charger via an adapter. We just drape it over the car, picnic table, or lay it on the ground with our electronics in the shade while it charges. However, one cannot use the computer and charge it at the same time. It is strong enough to charge a boat battery, its original purpose. I liked it so well, I purchased another one from Amazon at a definite savings. [Wish I had bought my first one here!]
on February 23, 2012
I have bought two of these already and am in the process of ordering a third .i have used it only once in late day january sun on flat ground in northern california it worked great. i am building a portable power grid for laptops etc. it can also charge car batteries. these rolls are light weight and weather proof as opposed to weather resistant which the foldable powerfilm product line claims. not sure how big a difference there is but weather proof sounds better. be sure to get an "RA-6 Daisy Chain Accessory" by power film it turns two panels into one.

also this is a good charge controller "HQRP Solar Power Controller 10Amp 150W with Digital LED Display"
i got it here on amazon

and to top it off i got an:

DD120X-B 12v 24v 36v (9 ~ 45v) to 9v 12v 15v 16v 18v 19v 24v DC Power Converter

Technical Specifications:

1.Rated Input DC Voltage: 9-45V
2.Input Rated Current : 15AMP; Input Power(max) 135W
3.Output power(max) 120W
4.Efficiency >88%(TYP)
5.Output voltage: 5V/ 9V/12V/15V/16V/18V/19.5V/24V (±5%@ typical±0.8V)
6.Output current: 9V/12V/15V/16V/18V/19.5V @6Amp MAX; 24V @ 5Amp MAX;
7.Over Load Protection (Over current & Over Voltage Protection)* : Yes. Auto recovery time: 10 seconds.
8.Short Circuit Protection: Yes
9.Storage Temperature: -10℃ to 60℃
10. Operating Temperature: 0℃ to 40℃
11. Storage Humidity: 10% to 90%
12. Operating Humidity: 20% to 80%
13. Weight 0.58 lb (265g )
14.Dimension 5.5" x 2.4" x 1.3" (141 x 62 x 32.5 mm)
15. Color Black

then i added this "Energizer XP18000 Universal AC Adapter with External Battery for Laptops, Netbooks, and More "

it must have 19v at 3.42 amps to charge so i am getting a third panel and a second daisy chain to make it work.

3 rollable 28 watt panels will put out 15.4 volts at 5.4 amps or 84 watts under best conditions

it boils down to a portable power grid a backpacker could take for around 8 lbs which i find acceptable if your laptop etc isnt too heavy.

ps the fact that many of these are sold on amazon with no negative reviews speaks strongly in favor of this product
on May 13, 2013
I had a good impression about PowerFilm Co , I was looking for a high quality portable solar panel to charge my battery bank and as an emergency charger for my car . I got PowerFilm R-28 28w Rollable Solar Panel Charger and i was very impressed . I hang it on a ladder and connect it to my ( Mediabridge High Output Dual USB Car Charger ) and connected my battery bank ( Anker Astro E4 13000mAh ) which has about 60 %, i was fully charged in 3 hours in a sunny day , you may check my first video [...] .
Pros:
1- very light
2- a lot of juice comparing to the weight.
3- easy to use

Cons :
too long ( 2 M ) sometimes very hard to mount on windy day.

I would definitely recommend it.
I'm planning to find a way to mount multiple powerfilm rollable panels on my car roof rack which will be used to charge my secondary battery later.
I will update you with more videos.
on June 4, 2014
If you can find a better regulator other then the one from Powerfilm you will be a step ahead, its a POS. The Solar Panel on the other hand is GREAT. I power a battery and hook my devices up to that. Works great in camp.
on October 27, 2015
It works well, but i was not shipped the 28 watt. I got a 21 watt instead. It is used. Watch out for sellers and used products on amazon. I ended up getting a small credit.
For a used Powerfilm solar panel, it is a good value. Waterproof for sure, extremely durable. It peaked at 18 watts on a 12v 8ah battery as a load, no charge controller was used for this.
Powerfilm = the best quality and performance. I am very happy with this solar panel.
on August 20, 2013
I bought the rollable for a recent Alaska trip to power a GoalZero Yeti 150 and it worked wonderfully. (utilizing a custom cable) We were tenting it in the Riley camp grounds near Denali and every time I turned around people were stopping by to look at it and ask about it. The Yeti was powered solely by the 28w PowerFilm Rollable the entire two week trip and it we were charging four iPhones, two iPads and camera batteries off of it the entire trip. I am now planning on picking up a 60w when I have a chance for leaving in my FJ and powering slightly larger items etc.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2012
This is a nifty little item, and we purchased one to use when we're out at the sports field with my kids.

One of these unrolled on the top of a collapsable shade canopy (oriented southward), and it gives us the ability to power 2-3 small 12V fans. It keeps the air moving, and everybody cooled/shaded/happy. You can even charge up your cell phone (the larger panel puts out almost 2A of current at 15VDC.

Roll it up after the game, and put it back in the box for the next weekend.

Recommended.
on September 29, 2014
The R-28 panels are exceptional panels. They are reasonably small, light, and waterproof. I currently own two of them and I am considering a third.

However, the jury is still out on longevity. My first panel just turned 3 years old.. It has only been used twice for two, weekend-long RACES events where it was used to maintain charge on 12v batteries. I noticed this Summer that it is only generating 14 watts instead of 28. I am working with PowerFilm to see if it can be replaced. If not, these are going to be very expensive disposable panels.

[Update: 16 October, 2014] Powerfilm replaced the defective panel so I am upgrading my rating from 3 to 5 stars. Thank you Powerfilm!