5.0 out of 5 stars Great adapter
Published on April 8, 2011 by J. R.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT USABLE FOR RADIO POWER
NOT USABLE FOR RADIOS

Published on November 10, 2011 by Lotus-Seven

5.0 out of 5 stars Great adapter, April 8, 2011
This review is from: PowerLine 600mA Universal AC Adapter with Compatibility Tips 90303 (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I purchased two of these adapters to provide continuous power to the two Petmate Le Bistro Portion-Control Automatic Pet Feeders that I recently purchased from Amazon. The 600 ma (milli-amps)of current is sufficient to run many small devices, and the 7 different tips will adapt to many products (just make sure to insert the tip to get the proper polarity, or you may blow out the device you're powering, or at least blow a fuse). The ability to change voltage settings makes this product very versatile, as you can choose from 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9,and 12 volts, DC (VDC). In my case, I needed 4.5 VDC at 600 ma to run the pet feeders, because the product vendor does not list the adapter on their website, yet their manual directs you to the website to buy one. A quick search of Amazon brought me to this product. Amazon's excellent customer service, and fast, free shipping served me well once again!

1-6-12 Update: Both adapters are still doing their job with the Petmate feeders after about 9-months of twice-daily use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for My Needs, May 13, 2011
Went to Radio Shack to look for a universal adapter for my daughter's little BeBop CD player. They were charging like $30 just for the adapter and then you had to buy the tip separately. Wasn't sure how much that was but probably another $10. Searched here and bought based on reviews. This works great. Voltage selection is a great feature and the multiple tips are great. There is no noticeable heat coming from the unit. Finding the right polarity is important but not complicated at all if you know how to read. You match the symbols on your device with what is in the instructions and you are good to go.

Great price, arrived quickly, and is working perfectly. Another great Amazon purchase for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor, January 26, 2012
Just a heads up to those who might be looking for an additional ac adaptor for Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with 3.5 Inch Color LCD Screen

The plug on the Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor is very small. Therefore I was concerned this ac adapter might not have a tip that fit the Baby monitor.

The adapter arrived today and I am pleased to say that there is one plug small enough to use on the Motorola Baby Monitor listed above.

Hooked it up and all seems to be working fine atm.

5.0 out of 5 stars 12V 9V 7.5V 6.0V 4.5V 3.0V - NO 5.0V, February 18, 2012
WinCrazy (near Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
Selectable voltage outputs of 12V 9V 7.5V 6.0V 4.5V 3.0V - NO 5.0V

NOTE:
600 MILLIAMPS OF CURRENT IS PROBABLY NOT AVAILABLE AT ALL VOLTAGE SETTINGS. It's most likely available only at the lowest voltage setting and decreases to a maximum of about 150 mA at 12 volts.

NOTE:
There is no 5.0 volt selection available that's very common to all powered USB hubs and other PC related electronic devices.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT USABLE FOR RADIO POWER, November 10, 2011
Lotus-Seven (The mountains of Illinois) - See all my reviews
NOT USABLE FOR RADIOS

I purchased this power adapter to use with a small portable radio, the Grundig MINI400. The power adapter can be set to the proper voltage (4.5 V.) and comes with a coaxial power plug that fits the MINI400. I installed the adapter, checked the voltage (read 4.56V.) and polarity with my DVM and thought I was home free. NOT SO! This adapter generates terrible radio frequency "hash" on it's output power leads and makes radio reception all but impossible.

I suspect this unit uses a switching power supply and has little or no RFI filtering. Totally unusable for powering a portable radio. I'm stuck with it since the cost of return postage and restocking is almost equal to the original price I paid. It's not worth the time and trouble to try to return it so it's going in the trash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fufills my purpose, March 31, 2011
I needed a 6Volt plug and could not find one anywhere. this works great...so far, and is extremely versatile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, March 28, 2011
Works great with my wireless headset transmission tower for the computer as well as my Dymo LetraTag thermal label printer. The pin polarity is reversible so it fits any kind of device in the volts range that you might encounter. Great price compared to similar items elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not shielded - produces high pitched whine with VHF radio receiver, October 11, 2011
Karl (Bozeman, MT USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This universal AC adapter is extremely flexible in terms of selectable output voltages and tips. However, it is apparently not shielded in any way. This will not matter to 99% of consumers and if you're one of them, you'll be happy with this unit... please read other reviews.

But, if you want to use this adapter around a VHF radio receiver, you will notice on certain bands a continuous, irritating high pitched whine. We use radio microphones Audio-Technica PRO 88W-829 VHF Wireless System Includes AT829 Miniature Cardioid Clip on Mic with the receiver plugged into a PA system. Rather then having to keep changing 9V batteries on the receiving unit, we hoped that this adapter would work, but the radio interference made it unusable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 1 week, February 12, 2012
It worked well with daily use for about a week. Then when we plugged it in one time it just made a high pitched squeeling sound and provided no power. From then on, all it does is make noise and provide NO power. Unfortunately, we threw the packaging away assuming it would surely last beyond the short warranty so we can't even return it. Get an RCA Universal AC Adapter instead - we've had one for years, used it from time to time, and it has never failed. I should have purchased a second one of those instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply does its job, May 17, 2011
I have a compact elliptical trainer in my house and I was tired of buying C type batteries for it. It did not come with an adapter, unfortunately, but has a 6V 0.5A adapter port. So, I gave this universal adapter a try and it worked perfectly, right out of the box. One of the compatibility tips tightly fit the port and now I won't have to buy those bulky batteries anymore.

$14.99 $11.40
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies