5.0 out of 5 stars Love it !!
Published on August 8, 2011 by AwesomeAmazonprime

3.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit for plugs and lighter outlet
Published on May 10, 2011 by ShawnB

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it !!, August 8, 2011
This review is from: PowerLine PowerCup 200/400 Watt Mobile Inverter with USB Power Port 90309 (Electronics)
I LOVE my POWERCUP!! I spend a lot of time on the road so I try to have everything I'll need in the car. My car is like my moving apartment lol. The POWERCUP supports constant 200W and peek 400W which is more than enough for most of the small electronics you might bring in the car. My car only allows Max 120W (12V 10A) so no worries as long as I don't plug too many things at the same time. The POWERCUP has no problem charging my 14" laptop and I-pod at the same time. Some inverter can only charge or supply power for a laptop but not simultaneously. This product can do BOTH. I bought this two months ago and it's been working great!

To make it easier to read:
Pros:
-Very quiet(Compared with the bulky, square type of inverter)
-Cute cup design (sits right in the cup holder, easy to reach and plug)
-Continuous 200W output (enough to charge a laptop, cell phone and I-pod)
-Exterior cord (freedom to put your inverter anywhere within the cord length)
-Two outlets and a USB port(allows charging multiple device at a time)
-Auto shot down when engine is turned off(protect car battery from being drained out)
-Tight fit into the car DC socket(no shaky/on and off output, also adjustable to fit different cars)

Cons:
-The two AC outlets are horizontally placed so with most charger that has a adapter(such as cell phone charger), can't charge two at the same time.
-Inverter fan vents from the bottom(I worry about overheat because the vent is being covered in the cup holder but so far mine seems to work just fine)

Overall great product, absolutely love it! Can't imaging being without it! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE MY POWERCUP!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best $25 I've spent in awhile, June 6, 2011
I was recently on a 10 hour road trip and used the Power Cup, it worked great. Both my wife and my laptops were connected to the Power Cup and we didn't have any issues. The fan does get a little loud, but not loud enough not return the Power Cup. I would strongly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive little unit, March 19, 2011
Bought this unit and ran it 24 hours right away on 2x 12 hour trips where it ran an 85W Apple Macbook and a Acer 17" laptop (not together) with nary a hitch, glitch or problem. Also used the USB port simultaneously. This unit has a loud fan which comes on as required and seems to be a single speed fan - high or nothing. It is audible even at highway speeds. However that is the price you pay for heat dissipation with this small size - the alternative being a giant heat sink housing and a brick sized clump - I'll take the fan thank you. The case stayed cool, the air coming out was never hot - it seemed to handle the load without effort. It has visible and audible alarms, cool touch case and a perfect size box for use in a car. The 12V plug is adjustable for fit in different sized sockets. The case has plenty of openings for air flow. I wish the fan were not as prominent but otherwise I cannot fault this unit whatsoever and it ran perfectly for 24 hours straight. 1 year warranty. By using this unit with a tethered Droid phone we had constant internet on the road via laptop and 3G wireless. How cool is that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reading and listening nonstop, May 22, 2011
The PowerCup kept my Kindle, phone and then laptop fully charged. Very Cool. Only disadvantage was that the cord is on the short side.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit for plugs and lighter outlet, May 10, 2011
I was really excited about the concept and creativity of this device. It does what it says it will do and successfully charges whatever items you insert into it. Items plug into the USB port fine, however, you really have to apply pressure to put plugs in and pull them out, same for when you insert the device in your lighter outlet. I am worried that eventually something is going to get jammed or break off. So handle with care when using.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and work as advertised., December 20, 2011
Everything works as advertised but two things I want to point out as others might have mentioned already:
1) The cord is very short so make sure you measure the length from your charger to your cup holder before making the purchase;
2) The two three-prone power sockets are aligned too closer to each other, it's unlikely you can plug in two at the same time.

1.0 out of 5 stars light weight inverter, August 14, 2011
sydneykw "tazz" (Key West, FL USA) - See all my reviews
this inverter is not for extended use. drove 3600 miles and inverter stopped working after day 5/6. other thing i didn't like: could not plug my apple computer in and use the usb port at the same time. they are placed to close together to utilize both at same time. bad engineering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the things you can do while getting to the places you'll go., July 2, 2011
Rachel W (Baltimore, MD) - See all my reviews
Now I would never condone curling one's hair while driving, but I admit, that is why I purchased this initially. Well, actually to replace my much older inverter with this one that was cute, kitschy, and fit cozily in my cup holder. For the record, curling and driving and don't mix. However, I found a plug in the car to be invaluable. And especially when traveling. You may have noticed that your laptop, digital camera , or ipad didn't come with car adapter but with one of these, you don't NEED separate car adapters! Not even for your iphone or ipod, because it has a usb port, as well. The fact that this also accommodates three prong plugs makes it even more useful than my house. I love this so much I bought one for my step-dad and my boyfriend's dad, as well, and it received RAVE reviews!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy one for each vehicle in your household!, October 12, 2011
Excellent power solution without having to invest in converters for your accessories. Everyone thinks it's actually a coffee cup! I instantly saved over $140 by avoiding cigarette power adapters for my mobile phone, iPod, & laptop. The only modification I made was to add a switch to the inverter's powerline. I purchased a 110V in-line switch at Home Depot for $4.50 (+/-) and no longer need to disconnect the PowerCup...

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, perfect form factor, December 15, 2011
M.C. Toon (Maple Grove, MN USA) - See all my reviews
Bought this for a road trip (I know, everyone says that). I have a 2010 Toyata Highlander. This sits nicely into the frontmost cupholder. The cord wraps around the unit once and then into the lighter adapter. Perfect fit! I've used many power inverters and they all have problems with where you put them. Sharp metal edges in a rectangular box just doesn't work well in a car. This little guy is just perfect sitting in the cup holder.

I bought one of those extension cords with a flat plug then ran it under the floor mats and to the floor of the third row seats. Into that we plug a power strip.

I was concerned this unit wouldn't put out enough power. So far it's been plenty. I like to push everything to the limit so I plugged in two laptops, a Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1.5 TB External Hard Drive - Silver (ST315005FDA2E1-RK, Recertified) (or s similar model). We also charged 2 Nintento DSs. In the front I plug in my iPhone charger and my wife uses the USB outlet to charge her Android. No problems! There is a fan in the inverter that will run under load. It is a variable speed fan so it won't be spinning hard unless it needs to.

All power inverters suffer from the same "dirty" power problems. This one is no different but it is definately cleaner that other inverters I've used. When I charge my iPhone using the iPhone AC charger and plug in the audio jack to the aux in of the stereo there is a slight buzzing. At low volumes this is irritating. I tent to avoid this situation and listen to the radio when charging my iPhone.

There is a problem using the USB plug with my iPhone 4. For some reason the phone will occasionally reboot when plugged in. I don't know why this happens. It does't happen with the iPad 1st gen. The iPad charges fine but it charges at the slower rate so it takes 10 hours to charge the iPad. It's enough to charge while using the iPad and make some headway.

4 stars because it causes my iPhone to reboot, thus I must use the AC adapter with the phone.

PowerLine PowerCup 200/400 Watt Mobile Inverter with USB Power Port 90309