Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 4050 Watts|Change

on November 1, 2015
This will be my first review on Amazon. This little generator was the best investment I've had yet. We just got home from the Florida/Georgia football game in Jacksonville. This little guy powered a 65 inch TV, a 50 inch TV, two DIRECTV satellite receivers, a Yamaha amplifier receiver with 4 large speakers and a subwoofer, 2 fans, and multiple cell phones for a solid 10 hours using less than 2 gallons of fuel.
on June 29, 2015
shredded the pull/recoil starter the 1st time it was started. bought a second pull starter and it busted the plastic same as the last. haven't even used it once and it's junk.
on April 1, 2011
To whom it may concern: I just purchased one of these generators on April 1st, 2011 at Menards. I was skeptical about buying it because it looked cheap. But I could not pass it up for the price, It was the display model so I got it for $199.00 + tax.

It regularly ran $349.99 so I figured I would try it out. I took it home and filled it with oil and gas, It pulled very easy and it fired up on the 3rd pull. I let the generator run for 1 hour and 3 minutes, It never cut out and when I started the circular saw the CFL lights barely flickered. I also plugged in our 9 inch TV/DVD player just to see if it would have static on it while the generator was running, Not at all. And compared to the 4,000 watt generator I have that's about 15 to 20 years old it is extemely much quieter. I also like the fuel gauge in the top of the tank.

The gas tank will hold 3.1 gallons of gas, And it is stated that a half load will run on the generator for 10 hours that is impressive since my old generator will run a couple of hours on a gallon and a half. I'm sure this generator is NOT the best that is made But it works for what we need. Also there is the low oil shut off and a digital hour meter.I bought a coleman powermate 5,000 watt generator with a 10hp Techumseh engine from menard's on sale for $500.00 + tax, Never Again!!!! those generators are Junk!!! and a gas hog! I did the maintence as required and I went out one day to start it for the monthly run and it was locked up tight. It had less than 100 hours on it. Also It was loud enough that you could hear it it a mile away idling.
on June 7, 2015
when it arrived on time all was good box appeared ok It started for the first time on the 3rd pull with the choke fully engaged. After it starts you have to slowly let off on the choke or it will die
It does come with the 12v cabe for charging but it is only about 3 ft at best. But you could easily cut and add in a chunk of the same gage wire to extend it you may loose a little amperage not sure. I checked and it does put out about 8 or so amps
This 12v charge is for a max battery size of 40 ah so a smaller battery like ATV. Manual says if you hook to a larger battery it will blow the breaker I did not have anything that small so true to the manual it did blow the breaker when I hooked it to a larger battery. I do not believe there is any monitoring of this charger so I would not leave it unattended for a long time.
Now for me I developed a noise in what appeared to be the engine so took a viceo so teck could hear it and sent it in. After talking to them on the phone we decided it was someithing loose so I went to town checking everything and sure enought it was where the muffler connected to the manifold was loose fixed that it it purrs like little kitten
I got more than 5.5 hours on a tank of 1 gallon when using and I was using to run a 15 amp battery charger on a 460 amp deep cycle battery for my small camp solar and it worked great
Even with the problem I still give this a 5 star rating because of CUSTOMER SERVIE
The answer the phone and was on hold no more than a minute (I know I could not believe it also}
They answered my emails in a timely manner ( I know again astounding in this day and age)
They were helpful and honestly wanted to solve the problem
WITH THAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GO THROUGH ALL THE HASSELS OF RETURNING FOR ANOTHER

I AM HAPPY AND WOULD BUY ANOTHER
on April 5, 2015
Just got this from a local big box store that was having a sale at the same time Amazon was (for same cost).

Used for the first time last night, camping at 8,000 ft - temperature was 36*F when I started it, and 26*F when I turned it off a bit later. Took 4 pulls to get started, and two earlier today. I was surprised with how smooth it ran, even in the first 5 minutes with no load on it. It's certainly not quiet, but with a 50 foot extension cord it wasn't a big deal. A heavy duty 100 foot extension cord is on my list though, as I was maybe 10 feet shy of having the generator down a slight hill which would have helped immensely with noise (where dog is standing in my pic). I just ran two compact florescent lights in cheapo shop/work light fixtures, will test with more next time.

My only gripes - draining the fuel tank is a cumbersome process if you go by the manual (which I did not). I was able to pull the fuel line off of the carb and connect a piece of tubing on to the line, then flip the fuel valve and drain. Needle nose pliers, tiny hands, or a creative approach are required if you want to go that route.

Unfortunately when I yanked the spark plug wire off today after draining and running the engine dry, the coiled up wire in the boot pulled out a bit, and I can't seem to press it back in (who knows if it even works)... the replacement part for that blunder is like 15% of the overall price I paid, doh. Anyway, can't beat it for the price.
on January 31, 2015
Got this generator in December for a camping trip. It sat in my kitchen until today. Went to Northern Tool, bought a 1 gallon gas tank and 2 stroke oil. Mixed the oil and gas, filled the generator with a half a tank, moved the fuel gauge to on, moved the air slide to closed, pulled twice, it started on pull two, slid the air slide to open and it ran like a charm. Can't wait to use this on my trip. Would def buy another one.
on June 28, 2015
Very disappointed. I bought it and it worked for the first few hours then something tripped and I was unable to to reset the machine so it could generate power again. It turns on, but won't generate power. Returning this machine. Purchasing this machine is really a gamble... who knows how long it will work. Save your money and buy something better.
on February 18, 2011
Bought the generator from Mennards on sale. Very good buy, but you get what you pay for. And that is dirty power. Generator works fine for lights, fridge, and non-sensitive equipment. Not suitable for computers, digital TVs, older TVs OK. The UPS would not sense the generator as real AC power -- it did work fine with my ENQ 3000W generator. Computers & monitors would not turn on. Voltage and frequency of AC power is unstable. AC Measured: 55-63Hz, 115 to 123 VAC. Could not correct this out with the governor adjustment. Generator is quiet, appears well made, and the free wheel kit is a must. It will run a furnace, lights, power tools, fridge in a power outage. But don't expect to watch a flat screen TV or use your computer.
on December 25, 2014
This is an amazing little generator. My husband especially likes the gas/oil blend.
We are building an "off grid" home in Hawaii. We have a large generator that is great, but amazingly enough, this little powerhouse will keep the fridge cold and run several other items. The run time on the one gallon of gas is what is so impressive. We've been so impressed with it, we have thought about buying more to give as gifts! No problem with starting either. With the gas/oil mixture, no need to change the oil, which helps with maintenance. The larger one has to have the oil checked, changed, and uses much more gas (but it is much larger). Only thing for me: I wish it had a push button start. All in all, great buy and available via Amazon Prime.
on April 20, 2015
Needed a small generator for off the grid work, sump pump, drill, etc. Does what it says it does, very pleased with performance, weight, voltage & cyclic rate output. Starts easy after initial out of the box start procedure. Happy with purchase, would recommend to others.