4.0 out of 5 stars Very good pocket camera, September 7, 2014
This review is from: PowerShot SX700 HS 16.1MP HD 1080p Digital Camera Black 32GB Kit Includes Camera, memory card, battery, gadget bag, card reader and mini tripod (Camera)
I "upgraded" to this from a Canon SX 230 HS. First, I *love* the long zoom. It has all the settings I'm accustomed to using with this line of Canon products, so it has been very comfortable for me to switch. As you might imagine, my biggest requirement for a camera like this is that it comfortably slips in a pocket and comes with a wide range from wide angle to telephoto. It must also take decent pictures - better than I could take with just my cell phone (a Galaxy S4). It meets all those requirements. It's not 5-star for me for a couple of reasons:

1) Battery life could be better. I can shoot an entire day, including lots of video, one one battery plus a backup (essential), but I have to be religious about keeping both batteries charged.

2) Low light photography is just barely adequate. I feel like my SX230 did a bit better despite having a smaller aperture lens. When I'm going to be shooting inside a dark area like a cathedral, I bring a little tripod with me, force the ASA to 200, and take lots of patient shots to get one that's usable.

The upside is I'm not carrying some monster camera bag with multiple lenses and looking like a complete dork tourist all the time. I get the photos I want with a little patience and am happy with the convenience of this tiny machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera!!, June 15, 2014
This is a great camera with wifi abilities. The only problems come with syncing it with your phone or other devices. registering for the cannon account is frustrating and the website is not user friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 29, 2014