Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 280 questions
votes
The number o megapixals is only part of the what makes a good camera. This camera supports 24p in the video. records at 240fps in video. has panorama built into camera, is a CMOS vs most cheaper being CCD, It has a higher resolution screen at 461 dots , 20x Zoom, The light sensitivity is 3,200ISO vs others at 800 ISO, It shoots more pictures faster than less expensive cameras 3.2 Photos ps. I frequently shoot photos while Horse Riding, This camera gives me much crisper photos. Other cameras I've owned always seemed to be slightly blurred because the horse just won't hold totally still. Because of this cameras faster speed, my photos turn out much better than most 16m cameras.
Dec 15, 2012 by Painted
votes
The sx280 is the newer camera and yes it has the wifi. But I have read from other reviews that it has a problem with the battery charging indicator in the camera and it hasn't been fixed yet. You will get an indication that the battery is low and need to be recharged and then the camera turns off. The battery still has a charge but won't work because of the indicator telling the camera that the battery is dead. I would really check this problem out and make sure it is fixed before I bought the sx280. I was going to buy it, but changed my mind and got the sx260 and I love it.
Sep 3, 2013 by geri lawrence
votes
pets Nov 23, 2013
i Have found that pets have a hard time using this camera....... what is your question??
Nov 23, 2013 by John Corbin
votes
takes great pictures in low light. I find all I need to use is the "auto" mode. Shoots fast as well, no distortion. The 20x zoom is fantastic. I did own a Panasonic Lumix which was 4 years old. I researched Panasonic, Nikon, Fuji and this was the best and I have now owned it for over three months.. Also the battery lasts a long time as well!
Sep 6, 2013 by Harold D. Minkin
vote
The sx260 doesn't have shutter lag but it has picture lag. This it's where it takes a little too long to wait between repetitive shots
Dec 3, 2013 by mike koen
vote
No, no delay when snapping pics. That was one of my biggest must haves as I have a young child that is always on the move. I've been very happy with this camera. No problems with the battery life. I did buy extra batteries though so I always have an extra one ready to go.
Mar 17, 2013 by allibugluv
vote
Sorry, no idea about filter. However there are no threads on the retracting lens assembly so probably not unless someone makes an after market adapter that can clamp on. The camera has a built in self timer function for delayed picture taking but no remote shutter control that I can detect.
May 29, 2014 by JFW
vote
It's 'anti-shake', which means I can increase the zoom, and still take great shots of my pup running and jumping. The Zoom factor is also great, and the picture quality can't be beat.
Sep 6, 2013 by Diana
vote
They don't sell the SX240 in my country! But as far as I can tell from a bit of research, the cameras are identical except for the GPS. I continue to think highly of my 260! I don't know whether they'll let me insert a link in a reply, but you can find comparisons of the two cameras on the Internet. Here's one: http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_PowerShot_SX240_HS_SX260_HS/
Dec 16, 2013 by Question Lady
vote
I traveled to South Africa this spring. I took over 700 photos, almost all were at full zoom, especially of hippos in water.... I purchased the Canon PowerShot for just this trip. I practiced quite a bit before the trip as I am not a photo guru and could not hope to handle heavy lenses, changing out, etc.. My photos were just as crisp and clear and got better within a day or so. My moving shots, birds, rushing water with birds swooping, lion cubs, wildebeests on the run, all manner of animals and people and I was never disappointed. The camera was in its case hung from my shoulder, ready to go. I did purchase a backup battery and charged both each evening. I took photos from 8am to dusk as we were out every day and almost all were at zoom. I was never disappointed. AND closeups of butterflies and tiny insects, dung beetles, tiny birds on the back of rhinos --- I was very successful and grateful to the person who recommended the PowerShot to me....... sorry to go on and on, but it is a wonderful camera and I am sure I still have more to learn.
Sep 7, 2014 by ECG and beyond
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   28   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers