Most helpful positive review
66 of 66 people found the following review helpful
on April 18, 2012
I have had the battery combination for 5 days and have used it with my Canon SX40 camera. It comes with two Canon-compatible batteries, a wall/car battery charger, and other stuff. I observed the following:
- Package arrived in 3 days - good job Butterfly Photo!
- The generic battery can be charged in the original Canon battery charger and the original canon battery can be charged in the generic battery charger - they are fully interchangeable.
- The generic charger has a pilot light - red when charging and green when fully charged
- The generic battery charger seems to charge the battery quickly - overnight or sooner
- Charger comes with European adaptor
- Car charger option worked w/o problem
- There are no dire warnings when you put the generic battery into the Canon camera - the camera recognizes the generic battery as being legitimate.
- The battery held up very well. In 5 days I took 1090 photos before the battery died. Canon's original battery is rated for only 400 photos.
- Of the 1090 photos, only 5 or less were taken with flash. I took only one 25 second movie clip.
- The battery icon in the camera's viewfinder show maximum charge for most of the life of the battery. Sometime after reaching 800 photos the battery indicator dropped to "half full" and sometime after 900 photos the battery started to flash "low battery warning".
- On Nature trips, I never shot more than 600 or 700 photos a day in the field, so I'm confident that this battery will last all day.
I highly recommend it!
Update May 2012
In the field, the battery lasted for 875 photos, about 200 less than when I first tested it but still a long time. The batteries charge quickly and perform well. Still highly recommended.