Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 54 questions
vote
The battery needs to be removed and placed in a separate charger. I find it handy to have an extra battery which can be found on amazon.com quite inexpensively. It's also convenient when one battery runs down to have another ready and waiting, but I am snap happy.
Dec 3, 2008 by Broz
vote
Though you don't strictly need a case, odds are you will want one. I went for the Olympus slim leather case and it is a perfect fit for the Elph SD1100IS. There's even a little bit of room at the top for the camera's wrist strap to fit. You also want something to clean the LCD screen. It has a tendency to get messy with fingerprints pretty fast. Don't buy anything special - if you have a soft cloth made for cleaning eye glasses, that is all you need. I agree w/Matt on the 4GB memory card particularly if you plan to take a lot of movies. If mostly pictures, a 2GB will be fine. The one I use is from Kingston, which came with the camera as a special deal on Best Buy. Good luck with it!
Dec 19, 2008 by Reviewer
vote
I purchased a Sony Cyber Shot DSC W530 from Amazon. Does anyone know if the battery charger is included? Or do I need to buy it separately?
Dec 1, 2011 by Marion J. Raymoure
votes
Hi Tami. The camera specs on Amazon say the camera supports SDHC, "Storage Media: SD/SDHC Memory Card". This means the camera will support SDHC cards over 2g capacity. SDHC is 4-32g. I like the Transcend SDHC cards, they are fast and reasonably priced. They are also available from Amazon directly, and I recommend that you purchase that way. The Transcend USB reader/card combo is great value. The reader is fast. 16g is probably overkill for photos only. For video though, I would go for 16g. With Transcend it does not cost much more. Hope this helps! Your daughter will love you!
Nov 11, 2008 by L. F. Hunter
votes
Yes - you can turn it on or off. I love this camera. It has a view finder so that when it is a sunny day, you can see exactly what you are taking a photo of. I tend to hold the camera steadier when looking through the view finder too. I don't have to worry about the image stabilization feature as much.
Dec 23, 2013 by Pittle
votes
i have to on mine. a good thing for you to do is to go into google and bring up the manual for the canon 1100 and print it off. that is what i do on all of mine. bob
Jul 18, 2013 by Bob L. Williamson
votes
Very easy to transfer pics to a computer--just pop out the memory card and insert it into the memory card slot in your computer. you can then view all your photos from the card or copy them to your computer hard drive and then view them from there. This is a great point and shoot camera. The best feature we like is that it also has the view finder that makes taking photos in bright light easier when you can no longer see the image on the LCD screen.
Jul 12, 2014 by Pittle
votes
The whole detail of box contents from the canon website are the following: PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH Body Lithium-ion Battery Pack NB-4L Battery Charger CB-2LV SD Memory Card SDC-32M Wrist Strap WS-DC2 Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU AV Cable AVC-DC300 hope it helps :)
Nov 12, 2008 by Analy Alcazar
votes
OK maybe you already have purchased the brown one, but for the benefit of everybody I just wanted to tell you my opinion, I bought the so called gold model because of a little price drop that allowed to buy an extra battery for this, I was a little sad because of all the brown color praising... But when I received my little baby and opened the box I was in awe, is totally beautiful, like a real jewel. It is not the typical, cheap looking gold finish but a very luxurious one, like brushed or powdered metal. You better call this Caramel or Metal Beige. Very recommended...
Oct 30, 2008 by cristiano007
votes
The canon SD1100is DOES have time lapse video, I know I had one.
Aug 11, 2009 by No name
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers