Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 37 questions
votes
it does get dust in it internally and should go out for service to be cleaned
Nov 26, 2011 by M. Bolognese
votes
Most of my photos are spur of the moment based on a photo opportunity. I grew up with a 35mm SLR camera with extra lenses and a large camera bag. No thanks! I ended up taking few photos. If you take a trip to Europe or another country, speed is required. You aren't going there on a photo trip, and you don't have the time to plan every shot. I had a SX110IS last fall in Spain and Portugal and got some great pictures, but I wanted more. I bought a SX210IS on 03-28-2010 at Best Buy and am very happy with it. The size is great. The 14x optical zoom is great, and the 64x optical + digital zoom is terrific. This is the first digital camera I have had that takes decent pictures in low light in automatic mode. The camera just increases the ISO and pictures come out great. If you are touring caves, salt mines, castles, museums and cathedrals, you don't have the time for manual settings. I believe the SX210IS is the best overall compact camera that you can buy! And, I have only had the camera for four days.
Apr 1, 2010 by Legal Eagle
votes
I know you want to spend under $50, but you need to spend at least $100 and buy the Sandisk Extreme memory card that is 16 gigs, it is a class 10 card and it has a 30mb per second read and if you go anything lower then that, then you will never untap the true potential of this camera Look on here or on Ebay and enter Sandisk Extreme SDHC 16gb and you can find some priced around $100, if you are willing to settle for an 8gb card, you can get the same card for $50 on both sites
Mar 10, 2010 by Mark Schmidt
votes
Answer from Canon support asking release date Thank you for your inquiry. We value you as a Canon customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. We are pleased to hear that you are interested in the PowerShot SX210 IS. This great new PowerShot SX210 IS is coming out in mid-March.
Mar 7, 2010 by George Chapman
votes
If you're not planning on enlarging photos beyond 4 x 6 I doubt you'd notice much difference. The Sony has some fancy sensors and image processing that the Canon doesn't: With the HX5V most people are after the new back-illuminated 'Exmor R' CMOS sensor, its supposed to have a 200% increase in sensitivity over other cameras in low light, though some users don't believe it works like it should. (Sony's WX1 and TX1 also have this sensor). Anti Motion Blur (takes up to 6 shots at high speed & iso and then picks the sharpest version of moving objects and copies it to the final image). iSweep Panorama. Allows you to sweep the camera horizontally to capture a 256 degree panoramic! A lot of fun and excellent results. Ok, so there are some other fancy features that make taking good pictures easier but if you like to play around with all the settings manually you might feel a bit limited. As far as picture quality, I don't think you'll have to worry about any blur, in fact, some complained about pictures being over sharpened. Compare these two test images to make your own opinion: Canon: http://75.126.132.154/PRODS/SX210IS/FULLRES/SX210IShSLI0080.jpg Sony: http://75.126.132.154/PRODS/HX5V/FULLRES/HX5VhSLI0125.JPG There are two other features that stand out to me about the Sony: It has a higher resolution of movie shooting 1080p vs. 720p. You'll only notice the difference if watching on a large TV though. Secondly, it has a GPS feature that allows for geotagging photos. The advantages that the Canon has over the Sony: 14x zoom (28mm-392mm) vs 10x zoom (25-250mm). 9 different flash modes vs 4 on the Sony. The Canon takes much better (brighter) video than the Sony indoors only. Overall I'd say the Sony has more features that make it fun and easy to use but the Canon probably outperforms the Sony if we're talking about image quality. Again, if you aren't really viewing your images at high resolutions than I might go with the HX5v or even go with the Sony WX1, you'll only be sacrificing the 10x zoom and full 1080p video resolution. If you want to research more, lookup comparisons between the two sensors: CMOS (Sony's) vs CCD (Canon's).
Apr 21, 2010 by K. Spangle
votes
This camera works well if you take some time to experiment with it, and learn how to adjust the settings for what you need. The "indoor" mode works much better for indoor photos than the auto mode. If you are outdoors, using Tv (shutter speed priority) can help solve many of the problems with capturing fast-moving subjects. Switching to aperture priority mode can help in cases of low light. The auto mode works great, if you are outdoors or in a very well-lit location and photographing subjects that don't move very quickly. This camera takes good (but not great) photos as far as IQ is concerned. If that is the main thing you are looking for, you might return this camera and choose one that has a larger sensor, such as the Canon S90 or S95, or even the G11/G12 or a Rebel. If you bought the camera primarily to take photos of fast-moving subjects indoors or in low light, the SX210 is not the best camera for the job. For this type of photography you should look at the Canon S90 or S95, or possibly even the SD4000, assuming you are only interested in a very small camera.
Dec 18, 2010 by JC
votes
If you are used to DSLR quality and are looking for a travel-sized camera that has good IQ, you might also consider a camera with a larger sensor, such as the Canon S90. It does not have as large a zoom, but it will take much better low-light photos than the sx210 or ZS7.
Aug 14, 2010 by JC
votes
I was interested in this myself and was in the process of research. The Ikelite shouing you wrote of is at the attache address if anyone else is interested. http://www.ikelite.com/web_two/can_sx210.html Here are the potential problems I see for using the SX210is in an underwater application. The housing is expensive, more expensive than the camera. There are other accessories that you would want to include in the underwater kit. A domed port for wide-angle lens shooting is available for additional cost. The flash is blocked by the flare of the underwater lens housing. The manufacturer has a reflection system for the flash but recommends the use of additional strobes which are expensive. Everyone I know who professionally shoots underwater shots supplements lighting. Unless you are shooting in clear water, on a sunny day, very close to the surface it is necessary for a good exposure. Without lighting you end up shooting at a high ASA and long exposure which does not give very good results. I doubt that Canon will make their own housing.
May 9, 2010 by Stephen
votes
Yes, the flash will automatically pop up... but you also have the option to spend a quarter of a second to push it back down, which then turns it off. Frankly, this is a better option than not having it pop up automatically and having to lift it up.
Feb 16, 2010 by LBM
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers