Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Powerbag Deluxe Back Pack Designed by ful with Battery for Charging Smartphones, Tablets and eReaders - Red (RFAP-0083F)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on November 16, 2011
So I got a Red Powerbag deluxe earlier this year. This is hands down the best bag I own. I work on the road 2-3 days each week. Using this bag allows me to charge any of my portable electronics. Since I got the bag I no longer need to use the extended battery for Droid Incredible. I can leave the slim battery pack my cell phone and just plug into the bag when my battery runs low. It will fully charge my phone in about 30 minutes. The bag can also charge my iPad and iPod. I have even used it in a hotel room as my full charging station with the bag plugged into the wall overnight I did not have to bring my charging cords. Just used the bag as my port for 3 devices and when I got up in the morning everything is recharged including the battery pack in the bag.

Beyond the absolute coolness of the power in the bag. It is really well constructed with lots of pockets and 3 main compartments. The front compartment can hold smaller items like my iPad, while the middle compartment is the largest, it can hold a bunch of books, coat, and I even shoved a soccer ball in it once. The best part is the back has a secret side compartment that holds my MacBook pro. The side zips down for a vertical padded storage pocket, very convenient to just quickly slide the computer out without opening up the whole bag.

I have had a jansport, an adidas computer backpack, and a messenger bag. This Powerbag knocks them all out and I love the bright color red. If you travel at all i don't know why you would choose anything else. Super comfortable when loaded down. I think I am going to cheek into the sling backpack for my next purchase.
on March 13, 2012
I bought two of these back packs - a black one for myself and a red one for my wife. These backpacks are constructed very well. The backpack isn't the biggest backpack I have ever owned. I fit my iPad and a Nikon D200 in the backpack and I still had extra room. I haven't charged enough devices yet to rate the performance. I did however need to charge my iPhone which was almost dead. The backpack charged the phone and still showed 3 bars. I am going on a trip to Israel soon, so I will give a report on how well the backpack did when I return. For now, I am very pleased with the backpack.

Update - I had to send one of the backpacks back because the charging port cover just decided to pop off one day. I had hardly used the backpack. It was charging my iPhone nad iPad fine. I called the company to see if they had replacements for the charging cover and they said it was not an item they had in inventory, so I was forced to send the backpack back.

I picked up another one at Office Max because they had a special. The one I picked up only had a 3000mAh battery. I wasn't too concerned because Powerbag had a 9000mAh battery I wanted to purchase. After a week I noticed the thread starting to come out of one side of the sholder strapps. I immediatly took it back to Office Max for a refund.

I know I may be a sucker for punishment, but I plan on trying one more bag since I am going on an overseas trip. I love the idea and from the little use I have put the bag through the batter does what it is advertised to do. I will update this when I return from my trip and really give the backpacks a work out.
on March 14, 2012
This is an awesome bag. Took it on airplane. Was not sure if they would pass it on but they did. It has a great harder rubber on bottom which allows it to stand when you set it down and not fall over like other bags. The chargers are awesome because they are spread out in bag. It is comfortable to wear when it is heavy. I fit alot of stuff including a pillow for sleeping on plane. The airports we used had about 4 plug ins for each terminal. Of course they are all taken so it is awesome to have your power in your bag!!!
on June 5, 2013
A friend recommended the brand knowing that I consider this backpack for traveling. I use it daily. It is very handy to be able to charge our iPads and iPhones as needed. This bag has really changed the way we travel, even to work and around town.

I did purchase the larger battery separately, the battery is very light weight. This will help for longer travels. After seeing my bag and all the features, a friend purchased the same bag to use when riding his motorcycle.

I recommend to all!
on September 29, 2012
I have a number of backpacks. This is the last one I've purchased, and plan on purchasing.

This backpack combines pretty neat/practical design by FUL with power! As in, you can charge anything with a miniUSB connector, a microUSB connector, or an iPhone/iPod connector (not the new Lightning connector; you'll need an adapter if you have an iPhone 5 or new nano/touch).
- the battery pack and cables are wired to the pockets, so for instance, I can put my work blackberry in one pocket to charge, and my iPhone in another pocket to charge, all at the same time
- the backpack has enough power to charge the equivalent of 4 smartphones. So, you don't need to recharge it all that often.
- it comes with provision to provide your own cable to a USB connector in the main compartment - allowing you to charge, for instance, an iPad or Kindle Fire that can't fit in one of the side pockets

I have no cons to report. If you need a differently-sized backpack (more/less room), there are different models and styles of PowerBag.

I highly recommend!!

Jon
on September 2, 2012
I bought this bag following a recommendation by Cali Lewis on GeekBeat.tv.

Its a very spacious well built item with lots of room and nice compartments for all my stuff. It keeps my gadgets charged and although it provides only a few charging points this can be easily extended by using a very basic USB switch in the bag and hooking it up to the provided USB socket.

All in all, the best bag I own!
on December 3, 2012
I've owned two Powerbags and both of them were fantastic...until they broke. To be fair to the manufacturer, I tend to put my bags through a serious amount of abuse (I now own two Saddleback Leather bags and even THOSE are getting scratched up quickly) so I can't really blame my troubles on the bag. The first bag broke when the cap that covers the charging port got ripped off while traveling on a train and the second bag was fried when exposed to rain for a short period of time. The manufacturer's website claims that the bag will be all right if it's in the rain for a few minutes, but my bag's chargers died after less than five minutes in the rain.

If you can keep it dry, this is a pretty great backpack. For me, it held a 15" MacBook Pro, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, Bluetooth headphone, Kindle, and clothes for the gym with room to spare! The bag itself is quite comfortable to wear and I loved the fact that there is an external charging port on the bag that I could plug in while waiting for the next train. I highly recommend checking the mAh rating of the battery before you buy-the 6000 mAh bag delivered enough charge to recharge my iPhone a few times over but struggled to deliver a full charge to my iPad.
on October 19, 2012
This bag is an amazing product! I am on the go all the time and use my phone and tablet throughout the day. It is nice to know that if they are running out of juice this bag keeps them going till I get home! Really a great product.
on July 13, 2012
First of all, I must give kudos for an ingenius product. I love the concept and it works exactly as advertised. It has come in very handy on more than one occassion, but one main factor keeps me from giving this bag four stars: comfort.

The bag is heavy and bulky before you start packing in the electronics. By the time I add my iPhone, lightweight Apple Macbook Air, and a spiral notebook, it's pretty heavy. And then the design of the straps on the back compound the situation, making it uncomfortable to wear. I'm considering buying the sling, so despite my love of the concept, I kind of wish I had not purchased the backpack.
on November 24, 2012
Have to revise my previous review because the company tech writer didn't include a correct description of the product. On its instruction card it clearly shows and states that the green tab needs to be removed fron the battery connection. I didn't see a green tab, and because the bag wouldn't charge believed the bag was defective. It turns out there was a clear tab, very small and easily missable over the battery contacts. A sharp-eyed clerk saw it, I took it home, put it on the charge, then set up the bag and charged a phone. It worked perfectly. I now have the backpack ready for emergencies to go at any time.

See 1 answered question