5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT
I will admit I was a little wary of trying this because of the price but I'm now SO happy I did - worth every cent. It's fantastic, charges all my stuff quickly. It's small enough to carry in my purse with no discernable extra weight.

Published on February 29, 2012 by Old Lady Student

3.0 out of 5 stars Now charging Kindle fire
It has Horrible directions. They are apparently translated by computer because they make no sense.
When I tried to charge the Fire it keeps turning on the fire and I can't get it to turn off and stay off. Can't charge as it uses more battery being on than the charger can handle.

New review 2/22/13
After reading others comments I figured out how to...
Published 19 months ago by Nancy B. Bowman

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT, February 29, 2012
This review is from: Stay Powered with Clearmax External Battery Pack 5600mah High Capacity Power Bank Charger for Amazon Kindle Fire, New Kindle Fire HD, Iphone 5, 4, 4S, Google Nexus Tablet and Most Major Phones and Tablets (Electronics)

The only "downside" (and I use this term lightly) is it takes about 7 hours to fully charge it so you do need to plan ahead but that's no big deal. So far seems to hold a charge for quite a while, even when used.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, but does not charge for as long as some customers indicated., November 8, 2012
I'm sure this is a wonderful item! All of the reviews indicate that it is fantastic! However, do not expect the instructions to assist you in any way. I could summarize the instructions by saying "charge it, plug into device. it works." However, if you can't figure it out from that, you're screwed!! I would welcome assistance. I can charge it, I have accomplished that. or at least I believe I have. And the correct adapter is included for my kindle fire or cell phone. However, plugging the external battery pack in to the device doesn't do anything. And with instructions this worthless, I am stuck.

UPDATE: I still do not know how I would rate this product, as I have only discovered how it works!! Inexplicably, you must simply hold down the button (there is only one) until your device begins to charge! But at least I have hope it will work! All is well now. My Kindle is charging! Holding down the button is not rocket science, but it still would have been nice to include on these worthless instructions.

UPDATE: Love this item! Really love having it in my purse because I use my cell phone for work and I am in a jam if the battery depletes while I am still working. Family members are impressed too!! Customer service contacted me promptly after bad initial review and took care of all of my concerns.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, April 13, 2012
strong, charging unit. nice product. very happy with this. it charges my phones and my kindle with ease. charges in a few hours and is read to go!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, portable power! (But all those wires and tips--keep them all!), October 28, 2012
Finally great portable power for a variety of products! I can now use my iphone for a much longer time using this as an external battery. I can charge my Kindle Fire, my iphone, etc. I've purchased 3 of these, I like them so much.

Why not five stars then? You will be a bit overwhelmed at first by all those wires and tips/ adapter tips. Keep them safe. You'll need them.

The product picture shows just the battery, but to use with various products--keep those adapter tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth while without spending too much, May 8, 2013
When I was looking for an external battery pack, I had found a few but the $50 price tag made me wary. There are not a lot of solid reviews out there that will help you choose one. So, amazon feedback seemed like the best. WHen Ifound this one, the reviews were good enough for the relatively low price tag associated, so gave it a shot. I lucked out and am impressed by this.

When it arrived, i was a little hesitant. The package looked a little cheap. However, it seemed sturdy enough when I opened it. They send a generic plug, with an adpater of various sizes, to help charge. I reccommend you throw it away and use a generic micro USB cable. The cable it comes with looks cheesy and not well designed. but for the price, dont expect too much. Any micro-USB (I have tried several, from my Kindle plug to other generic ones) cable should be more than sufficient to power it.

I wont repeat others by giving a description. However, it has proved to be very beneficial tfor me while I travel. I was able to charge my phone (turned off) and only drained enough juice from the pack down to the 3rd circle. Have not tried draining the pack completly, but it powered my device through a long plane ride and wait period. Can not comment on the 65 hr charge rate it advertises, but its lasted me long enough (and wven if you get half of this at 30 hours, more than sufficient to get you where you need to go before you recharge it).

The output is a USB plug, so any device that can be powered via a USB cable could be supported. I bought this primarily to keep my Kindle Fire going through travel, but works just as well for my cell phone and iPod classic. I assume it should power other devices the same.

I havent seen the issue of having to push the button to charge. I just plug it in and it starts charging. However, would assume the button push method works for some devices. Does come with a flashlight built in, trigured by holding the button down for a second or two. Havent seent he need, but in a power outage, might be handy.

Over all, the device itself has worked out well for me. At the current $25 price tag, I would definitly reccommend. I just hope you have the same luck I have had.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works but the instruction suck., June 28, 2013
OK, here is how it works. The USB port on the narrow end is the power out port. The mini USB port is the power in port. When you plug it into your phone or device it automatically starts to charge. When you push the button a series of lights come on, they just let you know the power level ot the external battery. If you hold the button down it turns on a LED light. I use mine daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent add-on to our Kindles., November 7, 2012
The batteries worked very well on our long flights and kept the Kindles fired up throughout. Great product, well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy thing to use, January 8, 2013
I bought this because I am a slow reader and after about 6 hours of reading my Kindle would give me a warning that the battery would be at 15%. I would just plug this in and continue on with my reading. It is very handy if you are on a long flight or traveling somewhere and using your kindle with no electrical outlet anywhere in sight

5.0 out of 5 stars meet more than expectationss, October 12, 2012
Amazon Customer (Glendale, California) - See all my reviews
Small, handy and lasts long. I'm very satisfied. It can be a practical gift for Christmas. Just make sure you buy a pouch for the adapters so you won't lose them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Great Merchant, January 17, 2013
papaurn "papaurn" (St. James, NY United States) - See all my reviews
The External Battery Pack works as advertised and works very well. I find that charging times are longer than charging from a wall outlet or directly from a computer, however the longer charge times are to be expected.
I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from the Merchant (Super Deal) about 1 week after my purchase. The Super Deal representative asked if I was satisfied with the product. I was very satisfied. I suspect that if I were not satisfied Super Deal would have take the proper action to satisfy me.

Rate and Discover Movies