Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 9500mAh|Change

on July 6, 2011
I purchased these a year ago. They are low-discharge batteries (slow to drain), so I didn't bother to recharge them for six months. When I did do so, they charged up super fast. In other words, they had hardly lost any charge during that time. In another four months, we lost our power, they were used with our lanterns and flashlights. They burned all night without ever going out. When I went to charge them up, they were a bit slower to charge, but they still did so very quickly (as compare to the fast draining Energizers). I am very impressed and that is hard to do, as batteries usually disappoint me.
1111 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2012
I have a giant clock with LED lights powered by D cells. After wasting money on alkaline for a while I bought some Tenergy 10,000mah batteries. Because of the time to recharge, I realized a second set and alternate was the way to go, though I didn't really want the expense. I am happy I did it.

Now for performance. Even though the Tenergy cells are rated higher, they last about a month and these IMEDION cells last 5-6 weeks. Now I wish I had 2 sets of these instead so I would have to take the clock down less often. Oh well. These indeed are the best performers and come highly recommended.
on July 6, 2011

Yes, you get TWO batteries. It is a two-pack as pictured and described, not 2 two-packs. I agree, these labels can be confusing at times. :-) Items in the Amazon grocery store can be even harder to decipher.
on October 10, 2012
I have a 4 D cell radio that eats batteries for breakfast. Finally got tired of buying alkylines and having them go flat in a couple days. Bought four of the Maha 9500s' and now can play my favorite radio forever. These things are brutes. They last about 5 times as long as alkylines and are a snap to regharge with the Maha regharger. These things are bricks. You will like them. Take a deep breath and get over the initial cost and think of all the good you are doing by not dumping dead D size batteries in land fills.
I am also using their batteries in all my stuff that needs them like TV headphones (AAA size). These are the way to go.
on August 28, 2012
I bought these batteries after reading the reviews of others, and a lot of research on the company who makes them- Maha. I use them in a one of my lanterns which I keep primarily for emergency lighting. So far so good.
on July 27, 2012
What a D-size NiMH battery should be ... about 4x AAs or 4x2500mAh worth of power. Similar to Eneloop technology. Pricy but work great for us.
on May 2, 2012
Long lasting per charge. I am completely satisfied. The price is Excellent. This is a much better product than non-low self-discharge batteries. The capacity is greater than the competition given the price.
on May 11, 2016
33% (2 of the original 6 cells) failed with 1.5 year. The first cell that failed on first charge was replaced by Maha under warranty, while the 2nd cell died out of warranty and support declined to replace it. The plastic wrapper broke on 3 of the cells, it does not impact functionality yet, but I never had this happen with batteries before. At least they haven't leaked like the AA batteries I had from Powerex (Maha).
on February 10, 2016
These are the best D-cell rechargeable batteries I have ever used. They are built well, and with 9500 mAh they last for a long time. Most other D-cell rechargeable batteries are simply big wrappers around AA batteries that have something like 2000 mAh. I bought some of those previously, and the performance was underwhelming. You could tell they were cheap simply by how little they weighed. However, these Powerex batteries are true high capacity D-cell batteries. They weight a lot, and they last a long time. They are definitely worth the extra price.
on January 8, 2016
These are true LSD C-cells. They are rated at 4200mAh minimum capacity. I tested six batteries for capacity in a SkyRC MC3000 battery charger/analyzer. The cells tested from 4500mAh to 4300mAh, with an average of 4400mAh. With more cycles the batteries will probably have greater capacity. I put three of these cells in a Davis Weather Station and they are maintaining voltage well. All of these batteries were about 75% charged when received (typical of LSD cells - Eneloops, as delivered). The cells are expensive, but you get what you pay for.