4.0 out of 5 stars Bring on the next one!
Published on March 28, 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars good but horrible editing
I really wanted to give 4 stars but there were so many errors overlooked in the editing process - wrong tense, extra words or words left out. It did run a bit long in places, but the story was great - just please edit!
Published 8 months ago by BookWorm

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Bring on the next one!, March 28, 2001
By A Customer
I REALLY ENJOYED THIS BOOK. I liked reading how Megan traveled (actually was pulled) through time into the year 1072. Kenric, half faerie half human warrior, finds Megan huddled in a corner of his cave freezing. He agrees to help her find her betrothed when she promises Kenric land if he helps her return to where she's from. Not sure if she wants to go back escpecially to her abusive fiance right away Megan doesn't mention she is from the future. Kenric wants land so he may settle down, though he is half faerie he has avoided the faerie world and magic and refuses to use his powers. If he can return Megan to her betrothed he will be able to settle down on the land she has promised him as a human. Only problem is as the book progresses Kenric is more reluctant to return her to her fiance. Their adventure takes them to the faerie world and back. This book is well written and completely enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars The magic will linger, February 22, 2001
Powerful Magic is a well written novel mixing lustful romance and science fiction with time-travel keeping the reader in suspense until the end. Karen masterfully presents the reader with images of magical places and real faeries intertwining the modern-day with the medival era. Soon, the reader is caught up in the fantasies and feels the magic of the love that will linger on their minds. I found it hard to put down. A "must read" for the sci-fi romantic!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like to escape reality, read this book!, September 5, 2001
By A Customer
Enter a realm where magic is ordinary. Kenric the hero is to die for and Megan could be one of my best friends. I love the kind of book where a wounded hero is healed by love, and this book certainly fits the bill. Add magic, time travel, and you have a book that will take you out of the everyday world to a place where all things are possible! And if you believe in the kind of love that transcends reality, this book will leave you with a warm glow! I look forward to more books by this author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved From Beginning To End, July 8, 2012
This review is from: Powerful Magic (Magic Series) (Kindle Edition)
This book captured my attention from the very first page. I absolutely hated to put it down. I can definitely see myself reading this over and over, because I was left wanting more. The characters are amazing. This is one of my new favorite books. I highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book for new romance readers, May 8, 2012
This review is from: Powerful Magic (Magic Series) (Kindle Edition)
This book is a very good example of a perfect book to read if you aren't used to reading "hardcore" romance novels. It balances the love and adventure without focusing too much on one or the other. It has realistic characters and situations that readers can realate to. It's also a very easy book to read throughly and over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pwerful Magic, April 6, 2012
This review is from: Powerful Magic (Magic Series) (Kindle Edition)
This was a great book and was well worth reading. I didn't want to put the book down once I started reading it and couldn't wait to get to the end to find out what happened.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, April 5, 2012
Kelly V. (Fort Meade, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Powerful Magic (Magic Series) (Kindle Edition)
I started this expecting it to be just "okay" but found I really, really liked the book. The story was cute, the characters were fun. While I agree with other reviewers, the underlining was weird and would have been better served as italics, it wasn't so bad once I got used to it. But, I feel like if the biggest concern is some underlined words and sentences then that's not much of a concern to me. Personally, my biggest complaint was that the book was too short. Not that the story line needed more. Just that I wanted more. That isn't much of a complaint, though, is it? Highly recommended (if you can ignore the underlining)!

4.0 out of 5 stars Book Lover, March 18, 2012
This a was an interesting book kept your attention .. did get a little corny in places but in all it was a really good book to read...

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked it, March 15, 2012
This review is from: Powerful Magic (Magic Series) (Kindle Edition)
I liked how this book brought our present day to the past, making it easy to read while also picking up on life back then. Very sexy characters while bringing out every womans dream: to be swept off her feet by a handsome, powerful man.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!, March 12, 2012
This review is from: Powerful Magic (Magic Series) (Kindle Edition)
This was the first time I read anything from this author and I am happy to say she now has another fan to add to her list! I was engrossed literally by page 1 and it was fantastic from beginning to end. I loved Megan, Kenric, Rionnon, heck I loved every character in this devine novel all the way down to Lancelot! The chemistry between hero and heroine was to die for....loved the love scenes but to be brutally honest would have loved to have had more of those LOL. It was wonderful all the way around and no stone was left unturned nor any answers left up in the air as so many novels do.

I have only 3 small personal gripes with this novel which are:
1) The CONSTANT use of the term "war horse" personally I internally screamed my frustration after the first 10 times it was mentioned..... in my preferance I would say 2 times is more than enough to have informed me that this was such a horse.... the simple use of "horse" after the initial description would have been enough for ME as I did not need a constant reminder that Lancelot was a "war horse" it just annoyed me.
2) The editing of paragraphs in this book was a little difficult in means of ease of reading for me, and again it may be that it was due to me reading this off of my Android and maybe the actual book itself read easier and more fluid, I don't know as this was the first ebook I have read where I had this problem.
3) Last thing that bothered me was the error in time.... if I am not mistaken, there was mention in the beginning of the book that it was 2010, then she goes back to 1072 BUT keeps saying she comes from 900 years in the future which adds up to 1972.... and then she goes back into the future to 2008?? The math was all wrong in so many ways so again the editing on this book was not up to par.

Just a few details that really bothered me as a reader, maybe I am being too picky but again, just my 2 cents! Other than that I give this a huge thumbs up and look forward to more!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa62e4648)

Powerful Magic (Magic Series)
$2.99