Most helpful critical review
51 of 53 people found the following review helpful
Beware, this charger can melt down and create possibe fire hazard
on October 15, 2013
I bought this charger on Amazon 60 days ago. I was totally thrilled until this weekend. On a road trip, we started smelling something similar to burnt rubber. It was the portion of this charger that has the four female usb ports. Ones side of the plug was melting down noticeably and the other was just starting to look bad and melting down.The really damaged part of the port area was adjoining the female port that had my iPhone 5 connected. The usb "white" portion of that male head on that real Apple cable is now brown plastic. I also had a iPad 4 cable plugged in but that male connector does not seem to have been damaged. The other two ports were not being used. Needless to say, none of the four ports will charge now even though all four blue port lights still are working and indicate that they have power. I just read that one other Amazon buyer had similar problems. I wonder if the manufacturer or Amazon is going to comment or follow up regarding this potentially dangerous situation. What if this had happened while we were in the motel overnight and the car had been unattended. We have been leaving the charger on day and night. Buy at your own risk.