4.0 out of 5 stars Just a little noisy, But great running, November 29, 2012
This review is from: Powerhorse Portable Generator - 7000 Surge Watts, 5500 Rated Watts
During Hurricane Sandy I had this bad boy brought up from North Carolina purcahsed at Northern Tool and Supply. We started it right up filling it up with gasoline and made sure we had plenty of gasoline on hand as the pumps up here in Staten Island were not running and fuel was a commodity for at least 5 days. Once started we had the Washer, Dryer (we didn't lose NG service), two electric heaters for the bedrooms, some house lighting, and the microwave, and the triple door refrigerator, freezer. The PowerHorse ran for 14 days (with periodic stops during the day, and 3 oil changes to be safe)> Almost a gallon an hour so we fueled up at around 10:00pm so it would last during the evening and nightime hours. Ran continuosly for around 20 hours each day with little load pull. (Oh and contractors would plug in with their tools, as we were only utilizing 4 outlets) It is a little noisy as if something is lose on the unit ((rattling)) but after a thorough inspection all items were tight and secure. It's a great overall machine. Will respect this Brand and offer any other advice I can if emailed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerhorse, August 14, 2012
Well this is the 2nd year, and used 3 times now, last night being the longest run yet, 13 hours running a window a/c, frig., big screen, internet, computer, and a few lights. Light noisy, but who cares when it's hot in Texas and you have to work in the AM. Love It.

5.0 out of 5 stars Runs like a beast!, July 21, 2012
I have owned this generator for over a year now, and I use several times a week. I have a welding business, and I use this generator to power my Everlast PowerArc 200 inverter stick welder. I have welded for 3-4 hours constant on several occasions. Generator has never failed to crank and always cranks with 1-2 pulls. The only complaint is the generator is loud. but it runs great, produces enough power, and has never let me down. I purchased mine at Northern Tool and could not be happier. I have used it in power outages at my home, but it's loud for that type of use. This is great for construction, running tools, and welders. Produces clean power to run my tig welder.

5.0 out of 5 stars generators -power horse, August 5, 2012
the unit is great to operate and easy to move around on the wheels that come with it. but why is there not a gas gauge on the unit??

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Choice from Amazon, March 13, 2013
The generator was delivered undamaged and with no delay. I bought the generator after the Sandy storm The generaror was hooked up to take care of whole house electrical support. The electricion put it through a test run and the entire house electrical load was supported. The generator has a manual start and started on the second pull. I installed and hour meter for maintenance. I run it monthly as instructed and have not had any problems. No outages since Sandy so I can't report on any long runs. The owners manual is well put together and that I appreciate. Assembly of the wheels was no problem.I hope I don't have to use it for any storms, but my mind is at ease knowing I am prepared. Living through a hurricane with no power for over a week can be a thing of the past with a generator, if you can afford it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, December 11, 2012
shlomo katz (hewlett, new york United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this after the most recent storm in ny, works perfectly can handle my lids and starts right away no delay

Rate and Discover Movies