Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Powerline PLA200X Lat Attachment for use with PPR200X Power Rack
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 12, 2011
I've had the Body-Solid Power Rack for about 12 years now, and have always wanted to pick up the lat attachment. I finally ordered the PLA200X, but only then did I see the reviews about how it may not work with older models (which, admittedly, made me dampen my undergarments just a little bit). As I waited for the lat attachment to arrive, I got my hammer drill ready.

Thankfully, this attachment works just fine (no drilling!) on the Body-Solid PPR200X, which is the old white enameled one before they turned the cage gray and stamped Powerline on it. It's the same system as the shiny-new Powerline PPR200X (as you can see on the Body-Solid website, when you look through the different generations of owner's manuals [more on that in a second]). If you have the Body-Solid Pro Rack (#GPR378), which has also been in production for years, you need the #GLA378 lat attachment. Since I don't have a model number on my Power Rack, the way I was able to tell the difference is: if your emergency catch bars look like big metal shish-kabob lances (tubular), you have the PPR200X, if they look rectangle-ish, you have the GPR378. There might be more to it than that, but that's the best I've got. If you're not sure of your model number, call Body-Solid.

Now, to the owner's manual that ships with this thing...

It's crap.

I'll repeat that for those of you at the back of the room. It's complete and utter crap. It's an exploded view of the lat attachment, and that's it. Sure, if you're somewhat construction savvy, it doesn't present any problems (mine went together quickly, but I may have gotten lucky). The thing is, the Body-Solid website has the REAL owner's manual online, which covers assembly. I wish they'd included it with the shipped package, especially because the online 22-page manual starts with really huge all-caps, yelling-at-you-letters: "Be careful to assemble all components in the sequence that they are presented." You can find it under "manuals" on the following page: [...].

[Unbelievably, A-zon keeps deleting all reference to a link that provides materials that should be included with the product... anyway, go to the body solid website and hunt around. It's there.]

As for the lat attachment's functions, folks have covered that pretty well. It handles weight easily and feels pretty smooth in its movement. It would have been nice to have Body-Solid throw in an Olympic Adapter Sleeve, and it would have been great if they included a better low bar (like a 20" bar with revolving hanger), but the thing is solid, with nice cables. Great product, and I'm glad that it only took me over a decade to finally pony-up for one.
55 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2012
This lat attachment is a must have if you own the powerline ppr200x rack. Movement is nice and smooth, bolts up real nice and easy. Literally adds a ton of additional exercises to your disposal, giving you a true home gym. Just make sure you get all the necessary attachments for different movements, the ones it comes with are OK but nothing great. The lat pull down is decent but the straight bar is kind of useless, both are non revolving as well. Nonetheless this is a great purchase - even if came with zero attachments. You can get the v bar, rope, revolving straight bar set here on amazon for around $40 bucks, and the body solid nylon stir up attachment for $14, get those are you are set for under $55 bucks.
on June 29, 2013
I bought this to go with my PowerLine Power Rack and it works great. It did not feel perfectly smooth when I first used it, but then read somewhere that it is improved if you spray it (the chrome vertical bar) with silicon lubricant. I did this and it worked like charm. Now it is very smooth - gym quality. And, it adds some stability to the rack. I would definitely buy this again.
on April 16, 2015
I had some time to work with this thing and I have to say it is a great piece of hardware that adds a lot more variety in a small space.

A few things:

- The instructions weren't great. I had to dissemble stuff to do other stuff after doing what it said. I don't remember the details, but some had to do with the pulley system. The steel cable going through the bottom part is the one with the chain. If I recall, they recommend running the cable in an early step, but there is no indication of which to run as both steel cables are different.

- Afterwards, I sprayed WD40 into a paper tower and rubbed down the friction points including the cables and the main pole. That works well.

- I see other reviews mentioning getting an Olympic adapter to put your plates on. Don't bother. You'd have to flip the whole power rack on its side for those plates to slide off.

- Tip- To work your calves with this, consider getting a dip belt and just clipping it to the bottom part.

- Also, it adds 24 inches to the back of the rack, so make sure you have room.
on October 8, 2012
Amazing product. Once attached to the Powerline cage, it offers practically all the options you find at a gym. The construction is solid. The instructions to assemble it are very clear (some people have complained about this, but it is obvious they did not care to READ). At some point, I did not follow the instructions because I know better (right?) and had to disassemble a good piece and repeat steps. My mistake, not the manual's :)

Now a comment on my home gym. With this piece of equipment I have ALL the options I am used to at a commercial gym. You might need a few more things, for example, for the lat attachment's weight rack, I used XMark Fitness Olympic Adaptor, since all my weights are olympic plates. With respect to bars, I used XMark Fitness 7- Feet Olympic Bar with Ball Bearings and Apex Olympic Hollow Bar Kit. All my weights are racked in Body Solid GOWT Olympic Plate Tree Bar Holder, and the bench (flat, incline, decline) is Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable Bench Series 5.1. Now you can start charging for membership on your basement.
on August 6, 2014
Going to make my review short and straight to what I want to point out. Check the other reviews for in depth details.

This is absolutely worth your money. If you have the power rack from powerline; GET THIS ATTATCHMENT. You will love it.

Assembly was ok. Whoever made the directions was high or drunk. Make sure you run your cables through the wheels BEFORE screwing them in. Cannot stress that enough.

10/10 would recommend.
on March 13, 2014
I've been using this in conjunction with the PowerLine PPR200X and I couldn't be happier! It functions perfectly. I lubricated the slide assembly with some Teflon silicone lubricant. Don't forget to lubricate the cables too. I also bought some larger olympic adapter sleeves. The extension chain that's included is a must for about 20% of cable exercises because the travel length isn't long enough, depending on what it is and how long your arms are. I've packed on the weight for rows many times - up to about 270 lbs and it's functioned perfectly. The included attachments are worthless. I'd recommend upgrading to some real attachments. Also the hooks that hold the lat bar may work for some people, but storing the lat bar there prevents me from doing pull ups so I just remove the attachments when I'm not using them. Simple. Highly recommended overall!
on May 16, 2011
Had the same problem as another reviewer here where the lat attachment would not bolt on out of the box. I don't have a Powerline power rack, it's a older power rack I had bought off of Craigslist.

There were no holes in my power rack where the bolts are supposed to screw in to secure the lat attachment so I had to drill some myself. It's not a difficult job if you're handy with power tools. Took about less than 30 minutes to drill the holes and install the attachment.

For the price this lat attachment is great. I've had no problems so far after months of use. All the other lat attachments I seen were at least $100 more expensive than this one. I had a $200 budget.

If you don't have a Powerline power rack, keep in mind before you buy you might have to do some modifying also.

Pros:

- Adds more exercises to your power rack.

Minor Cons:

- Weight holder bar is standard size. Not Olympic. But you can buy a Olympic adapter to fit on the bar so no loose weights if you have only Olympic weights.

- No text instruction manual. Just a picture of how everything fits together.
on January 20, 2016
This thing is the perfect compliment to the PPR200X power rack. With this I was able to add seated rows, standing rows, lat pull downs, tricep push downs, and a variety of other cable exercises. The pull down bar storage hooks are a bit hokey, IMO. I just hang the lat pull down bar on the wall to keep it out of the way. The pulleys are very smooth and allow the weight to glide with little to no added friction.
on December 25, 2014
Bought to go with my PPR200X rack. I wanted to have a complete home gym so this was a must have add on. My only complaint would be that it isn't the smoothest operation, though I suspect adding some lithium grease to the slider would help. Be careful when building to make sure the cables are routed correctly; my original attempt ended up slightly scratching the cable covering on the metal of the tower.

The included lat bar was pretty poor quality and reviews mentioned that it will bend (either over time or with serious weight) so I opted to purchase a champion long bar as a replacement, as well as a short bar and rope. It gives you a pretty solid set of exercises!