5.0 out of 5 stars Epic Metal At It's Best!
Iron Maiden's "Powerslave" was to metal what Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was to pop. If you were a fan of heavy metal in the 80's then this album was the soundtrack to your Saturday night out with the guys. There is just so much on this album to rave about, be it the killer chorus of "2 Minutes to Midnight", the great guitar track of "Flash of the Blade, the cool...
Published on October 15, 2004 by David Girod

3.0 out of 5 stars Powerslave
Not Maiden's best but still good.
Published 1 month ago by Festus

‹ Previous | 127 28 2945 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars maiden rocks, February 25, 2013
This review is from: Powerslave (MP3 Music)
One of the best metal bands of the 80's.. Genuine musical talent with the best metal vocals.. still bummed that i missed the world slavery tour..

5.0 out of 5 stars Picture Disc, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Powerslave (Vinyl)
I am getting the whole set, of course. I have not been reviewing these as they come out but thought maybe I would offer a quick note:

Yes they are picture discs that normally have way too much surface noise. In the case of every vinyl copy I have thus far, they are great.

Little surface noise on the start and end of a album (well let’s face it much of the vinyl being produced today regardless of picture or not has that), that is present here.

Now, we are talking Maiden here and the sound quality is great and it is metal, so if there is some minor surface noise you can’t hear it. I am not playing it on a crappy system so if it was there I would hear it. No taking away from the enjoyment on this set thus far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Metal!, January 22, 2013
D4N3R5 (Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Powerslave (MP3 Music)
I purchased this download because you just can not pass up some good classic metal. For those who listen to this genre should know what I am talking about. From beginning to the end, I just can not stop!

5.0 out of 5 stars Only the best Iron Maiden, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Powerslave (Audio CD)
Simply one the best Iron Maiden albums ever. Musicality and lyrics are as always, the best. My favorite album from Iron Maiden.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Heavy Metal Band of all time!, December 6, 2012
This review is from: Powerslave (Audio CD)
This album of Iron Maiden is a classic, this cd should not miss in your collection of Heavy Metal Albums!

5.0 out of 5 stars My fourth time to purchase this, but WELL worth EVERY penny., November 20, 2012
Philip M. Mccartney (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Powerslave (MP3 Music)
I originally owned this on vinyl, then on cassette, then on CD, and now in MP3 format. My oldest son ended up with the LP, the cassette was eaten by a tape deck, and the CD became scratched over time. This is a MUST-HAVE for any TRUE Iron Maiden fan, so needless to say, when Amazon started offering MP3's for purchase, this was a no-brainer for me. Powerslave embodies the essence that is Iron Maiden. I believe that since this is my fourth time to purchase this album, the quality of Powerslave should speak for itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Iron Maiden rock, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Powerslave (Audio CD)
As i said before, Iron Maiden rocks! I must have album. If you love the irons and you don't buy this, you have some wrong in your mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, maiden at their peak, November 8, 2012
This review is from: Powerslave (MP3 Music)
Aces High and 2 Minutes to Midnight start strong and Powerslave and Rime of the Ancient Mariner finish it nicely. This was definitely a classic album of Maiden at their peak. The tour for this album was recorded for, Live After Death one of the best live metal albums of all time. Bruce's voice is strong, the bass is thundering, and the solos are blistering. This is a great head banging album.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic, October 9, 2012
Genre: 80's traditional metal, NWBMH

Almost thirty years after Powerslave's release, it still sounds great, even to someone that wasn't alive in the 80's. Maiden is an essential metal band, and every serious metal fan should listen to this album.

Dickinson is my favorite clean metal singer. The guitar lines and solos are energetic and vivacious. Steve Harris remains one of metal's best bassist, because his bass is actually audible. I'm not really sure why baselines became so sublimated in thrash metal onward.

"Losfer Words" is the band's last instrumental. Guess they stopped liking them. "2 Minutes to Midnight" suffers a bit from inconsistent mood, which is a problem with much of the 80's. The lines "to kill the unborn in the womb!" just don't match the comparatively happy guitar lines. It's still a good song though.

"Flash of the Blade", "The Duelists", and "Back in the Village" are the weak point of the album. These three songs have always sounded similar to me and similar to other mediocre Maiden songs, and the lyrics are just ridiculous. What is Back in the Village about anyway? Does anyone know? Does Iron Maiden even know? And who thought "i'm back in the village!" was a good chorus?

However, I'm such a big Iron Maiden fan that I actually enjoy the songs that I think are bad, if mostly in a tongue-in-cheek manner.

"Powerslave"- personal favorite, one of the first metal songs I ever listened to. Not sure why the remaster moved the opening sample to the end of "Back in the Village" though. Was that a mistake? Is it so people can get straight to the guitar opening?

"Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner", I don't think it's necessary to talk about how good this song is. At one concert I was at, my friend yelled "go Steve!" during the bass solo, and steve Harris actually looked up. Whether he was happy at the acknowledgement or angry at being interrupted, I don't know. It pleased my friend though.

I don't think the album as a whole will survive the test of time as Maiden eventually retires and their original fans die off, but I suspect the last two songs have staying power. People will be listening to "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner" in English classes for hundreds of years!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best album I own, July 6, 2012
This review is from: Powerslave (Audio CD)
Every song is perfect except for "Rime of the Ancient Mariner", which is a little boring in places, but great anyway.

‹ Previous | 127 28 2945 | Next ›

Powerslave
Powerslave by Iron Maiden (Audio CD - 2002)