Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Size: H: Men's 11-11 1/2, Women's 13-13 1/2|Change

on August 18, 2011
I bought 2 pairs to eventually replace the ones I'm using (in my daily wear boots) which were purchased from a podiatrist back in the U.S. prior to my last deployment (I'm military, here in the Middle East). Although the products arrived quickly -- a rarity in these parts !! -- what was sent was nowhere near the same quality or features as the items I already had in my possession and was trying to replace. My original Powerstep ProTech insoles were robust and had a light blue "patch" under the heel that was made of a different material than the rest of the dark blue insole top; they were also black on the bottom side. What I received was blue all over -- made of a much lighter and flimsier material....but what really bothers me is that the light blue "heel area" was simply the same material as the rest of the insole -- just colored differently. I feel I've been deceived / taken advantage of, as these 2 pairs are not worth the $33.50 paid for each, nor will they provide either the heel cushioning or arch support I needed to prevent recurrent bouts of plantar fasciitis in uniform (which my previous Pwersteps were easily and miraculously able to do). FYI, I cannot find many vendors that sell to APO addresses online...so I've decided to just keep these -- at least they fit correctly -- and learn a hard lesson from this bad experience. With everything else on my "plate" at the moment, it's not worth the time nor hassle nor distraction -- or a lengthy wait for a return which may or may not be fruitful. I hope you can learn something from my $67 mistake !!
77 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2011
The manufacturer's names are misleading! The Dr. specified and provided one pair of "Powerstep PRO TECH 'full length' PRO" what I ordered and received was "Powerstep PRO TECH 'classic plus' PRO" which has less padding and heel cushion. They are still better than the NO SUPPORT that come in our 'American' Chinese made shoes. But it would be nice if the manufacturer would use model numbers along with their misleading names.
on April 2, 2011
I have tried everything from custom-made orthotics to these. I have tried various brands and even various shoes. I have pathologically high arches that go flat, and I teach in a school with a concrete floor. These are just incredible. They provide both support and comfort. If you are like me, you do a lot of research and waste money trying a lot of inserts that just do not work. These work!
on January 17, 2010
This brand of arch support was recommended by my podiatrist. They have helped me eliminate foot and back pain, as well as giving cushioning to my heels. They are also more firm in their construction, which gives feet more stability.
on February 10, 2012
I got my first pair of Powerstep ProTech Classic Pro about a year and a half ago from my podiatrist. They were, understandably, getting a little worse for wear and I wanted to replace them but didn't want to pay my podiatrist another co-pay plus $70 just to get a replacement pair of insoles. I checked a few local specialty stores but found that most of them just carry the Power Step Pro Tech, which doesn't have the little light blue heel pad that provides extra heel cushion. I found them on Amazon for half of what my podiatrist would have charged me and no office visit co-pay either. They are exactly as wonderful and supportive as the inserts I got from my doctor. You do have to be careful and order the Powerstep ProTech Classic Pro, but I think Amazon had good photographs of the items so I knew I was purchasing the right one. This is a great product for anyone with heel issues.
on November 24, 2012
This product was recommended to me by my doctor. It does a great job of correctly distributing weight or pressure for my foot. It also keeps my toes from getting cramped.
on January 11, 2016
This brand was recommended to me by my podiatrist and of the several brands i have tired this has been the best for me.
on January 23, 2013
Hubby needed these after hurting his foot while zip lining in Costa Rica. Good price & fast delivery of item.
on April 10, 2010
Item shipped was not the right size and the product was not anywhere near the quality of the same product received from my podiatrist.