Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on May 1, 2016
A bit dated, but still a very important guide by the #1 recognized Linux guru, Mark Sobell. I believe there is a newer edition out now (May 2016).
on October 30, 2015
a lot of information and clearly written.
on July 4, 2015
An excellent book.
on March 30, 2015
Great book that completely met my needs
on January 27, 2015
In depth and happy with this book.
on January 31, 2014
Needed this text for school, it actually turned out to be pretty good and I would recommend for others learning about the topic.
on November 11, 2013
Very useful reference. I got it because I'm fairly green with Linux and it was the right book for me to have.
on October 7, 2013
Some books you read all the way. Some books you just have as a reference for just in case. This fits very well in the latter category and can be very useful when you need to quickly glimpse a snippet of information.

One thing I did learn about when using this book recently is the Linux Command called, Apropos. I think it is the single most useful command on a 'working system' for leading you towards the commands you need.
on September 2, 2013
Mostly codes would have liked more scripts and shell terminal information, a lot of the Perl code doen't work straight from the book in the version of Linux I'm using.
on July 6, 2013
For a wide range of topics, I felt that the author did a good job of covering all of them.