1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars The most succinct, definitive guide I've found for every aspect of quantitative usability testing!, January 18, 2012
This review is from: A Practical Guide to Measuring Usability: 72 Answers to the Most Common Questions about Quantifying the Usability of Websites and Software (Paperback)
As a practitioner in the usability field, I have come to depend on this guide for my usability testing. It tackles some long held best practices (i.e. - Do I only need to test with 5 users?) and arms you with the information necessary to make an educated decision about whether 5 users is enough based on what your trying to accomplish with the test.

It succinctly answers probably EVERY question I've ever had about performing quantitative usability tests, and answers some I didn't know I should be considering. I can quickly find the answer I'm looking for (because it's organized by "questions") and not lose valuable time during a project.

After having this booklet a while, I became (in full disclosure) big fan of the authors website devoted to "measuring usability" and look forward to his weekly blogs. ([...])

I can't emphasize enough how crucial this guide has been for me and the teams I've worked with. I bought several copies and gave them out to others on our Usability Testing team so we could use it as our "Playbook".